Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 02:48 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
In China? I don't think so. And if I formed my opinions on Asians by the way some Asians have treated me, I'd be one hateful SOB. I treat people as individuals and don't blame all people of a certain ethnicity for the way one or two have behaved. Wonder why everyone doesn't do that?
Thank you!!! I think the same way. If I were to base my opinions of ALL White people based on how a few have treated me, I would also be a hateful SOB. I could name many things that have been done to me at the hands of some White people: Being poisoned by a classmate, my backpack thrown up a tree, being bullied basically every other day, being shot with a paintball gun in broad daylight, this is from the 6th grade.

I went through all of that in middle school and high school, and I can still judge people as INDIVIDUALS, and so can you. Why can't more people do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 04:12 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
At least I can understand them!
I'm sure you can!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:39 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I can understand what alot of Blacks are saying too. If one is to say that ebonics needs to be buried, then one should also call for the "backwoods" or "redneck" English to be buried as well.
Backwoods or redneck is an accent or dialect, just like Pittsburghese, Ebonics is a language/code talk from the ghetto.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:55 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
In China? I don't think so. And if I formed my opinions on Asians by the way some Asians have treated me, I'd be one hateful SOB. I treat people as individuals and don't blame all people of a certain ethnicity for the way one or two have behaved. Wonder why everyone doesn't do that?
One or two my ass, the behavior is a majority. One out of ten behaving properly doesn't get it, sorry.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Some folks say the same about Hawaiʻi Creole English (aka "Pidgin"), Jamaican Patois (aka "Patwa"), Melanesian Pidgin English (aka "Tok Pisin") and the peoples that speak it.

African American English - YouTube

Hawaii Pidgin The Voice of Hawaii - YouTube

Introduction to Jamaican Patois - YouTube

Tok Pisin - Fall of Mankind - YouTube

There are differences between accents, slangs, dialects, pidgins, creoles, and "standard" languages. For the record, many linguists consider "Ebonics", "Pidgin", "Patwa", and "Tok Pisin" to be distinct languages. Furthermore, many of the speakers of those languages are proficient in standard English as well.

Perhaps, the "stupid" ones are those that are only fluent in standard English (or whatever their native language is) and are either unable or unwilling to learn another language?

In thinking about the Chinese desiring to learn English from "white" folks, I wonder how many folks in the United States would desire to learn Mandarin from someone that's non-Chinese?
Standard English WILL help in getting ahead in life: those funky dialects hurt. I knew a Hawaiian woman; I believe of Chinese family, she talked like a PWT hick out of the mainland US. I called her out on it and she got real mad. Her comment in Hawaii that speaking standard English hurts there. Sheesh!

Old 06-07-2012, 07:09 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Appalling to see that this country is so ignorant and backwards regarding race. When recruiting ESL teachers, only whites need apply. This is not a country that should be leading the free world, on any level. Makes one wonder what level of ignorance immigrants from China bring to this country regarding race?

Behind The Wall - In China, English teaching is a whites-only club
Do they suffer from inferiority complexes?. Maybe this is why they bend over backwards to adore all things American?
Do they crave white American women too?

Last edited by wehotex; 06-07-2012 at 07:18 PM..

Old 06-07-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That is DUMB! I can almost understand China not wanting dark skin people not teaching English but banning other Asians? Most Chinese people ain't exactly light skin so who are they to talk? Sheesh!
Is there something about dark skin that makes it impossible for that person to teach other people English?

Sorry, I didn't get the memo.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTINsf View Post
No, Chinese people pick up their ideas on blacks by the way they're treated by blacks.

RIP

black on Asian crime.wmv - YouTube
I think that we deserve to hear the other side of the story. Asian storeowners are usually not the friendliest ppl and may come across as rude when you encounter them. while this alone is not enough to kill them, it sure doesn't help.
are the asians ever attacked by any white ppl? where's the outcry when that happens? or do they get a pass?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
China's reasoning has nothing to do with Ebonics. It has everything to do with race mixing. Chinese women mixing with white males is somewhat tolerable, but mixing with black males is highly intolerable. I don't think the policy is aimed at black Americans anyway because i don't think they see China as a desirable place to teach and work.

I'm sure this is aimed at other blacks abroad....Africa specifically.

The irony of you post's is that Chinese men are going abroad and........................................race mixing.

Chinese Workers in Africa Who Marry Locals Face Puzzled Reception at Home
"The son of a wealthy Sichuan Chinese businessman who married last year's Miss Kenya!!!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
So your only logical rebuttal is conjecture?

What if he was indeed outcast but not by rejection....in order to be rejected you have to make an attempt to conform. What if he simply excluded himself from, by his account, a substandard society??
Then why did he go to an (HBCU) Historically Black Colllege or University?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies