Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 09:40 PM

341 posts, read 902,607 times

Advertisements

If you go to a Chinese restaurant do you want to see white people making dim sum? Black people whipping up your beef chow fun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They probably think black Americans try to blame every problem on white Americans.

I think that's silly to think that Chinese can only pick up their racial stereotypes of blacks from whites. Most likely they have some stereotypes of white Americans also -- so who did they pick those up from?
No, Chinese people pick up their ideas on blacks by the way they're treated by blacks.

RIP

black on Asian crime.wmv - YouTube

Old 05-24-2012, 09:46 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
One reason why I say African Americans whine too much. Most of the world is unabasedly racist. Actually to be more accurate they respect power and achievement. As far as the Chinese are concerned Blacks haven't created or done anything that demands their respect.

The Chinese are being practical, if they want to learn English why would they want to be taught by someone who speaks Ebonics?
Bingo.........

Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But here is a question. I'm Black, I don't speak Ebonics. In fact, I have basically been pegged as the "White" Black guy. How is going off of stereotype going to help ME(keyword ME)?? Yes I sound selfish, but at the end of the day, I get affected, not the stereotyping party. It might sound like complaining to you, but I feel like if I don't fit the stereotype, I shouldn't be stereotyped.
///raises hand

How would a Chinese student know you don't speak ebonics? Another factor to consider is the reaction to afican presence in that country.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am not surprised by the Chinese attitude toward outsiders. They have spent the last 5,000 years developing xenophobia to an art form. During most of that time most of China had no contact with the next village let alone the rest of the world. Now that they realize they must do business in the English language in all its dialects they make a simple assumption that the English are white so white people are the best to teach the English language. Like most simple assumptions it is wrong.

I see great social and political changes in China over the next couple of generations. First the Chinese people are becoming aware that there is a really different world beyond the village and some of them want to see that world. A major difference in that world is the existence on non totalitarian governments and societies that are not strictly hierarchical with the landlords at the top of the heap. That can be a major revelation to the son of a tenant farmer. Similarly the Chinese girl that sees that women are not enslaved (mostly) in the Western world is even a bigger shock. She might want to free herself of cultural and family tyranny.

The major change will be in their demographics. Their One Child policy has resulted in a substantial skewing of the population male/female ratios to the males. This has slowed population growth in this generation and will cause population decline in the next generations. In addition the relative scarcity of women will inevitably increase their value in society. They will be needed to take care of a couple of generations of ageing men.

There is a remote possibility the Chinese will move from a tyrannical hierarchy to a more representative government. This will be fought by the existing landlords and the party leaders that fear the loss of status. The Chinese, and we as their principal borrowers, are about to enter “Interesting Times†hopefully without a ruinous war.

Eventually the Chinese may learn to accept people of any color based on skills instead of ancestry or skin color. It would be a good change for everyone.
Yes, definitely, any person in China who wants more than one child should come to America. So they can be like this guy --

Tennessee Man Fathers 30 Kids, Needs Help With Child Support - YouTube

How many more of these guys would you like?

ROFL! LMFAO!

Woman With 15 Kids: "Somebody needs to be held accountable, and they need to pay." - YouTube

"Somebody needs to be held accountable, and they need to pay." Yup, that's right! Any Chinese person who wants to have 15 kids please come on down to the great United States of America!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
1. Why do you care what another country does? That's part of our problem we're always sticking our nose in somebody else's business.

2. If china is a backwards country, then what does that make us? China is the one who is financing our broke government.

3. China is not a free country, so why would they care about leading the "free world"

4. China is going to be running the world pretty soon and they're going to do it their way and they don't give a damn who doesn't like it.
Hell, china has its own apartheid system in place. Country Chinese have an ESP. Rough at it.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I agree with YOU but; Asians DO have a bad rep about being racist towards dark skin people, even dark whites like Arabs I bet. It ain't your fault; we're dealing with bigots or at least uninformed people with China IMHO.
And blacks have an exceptionally terrible reputation for beating, robbing, and murdering people of Asian descent because of their racist hatred and jealousy.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 PM

744 posts, read 811,976 times
Stop hating on Black people guys,they are human beings too -not animals. There is only one race- the human race

PS: EdwardA isn't Black I am White so I know he is a White racist pretending to be Black so he can get away with his neo-Nazism, just today he made a very anti-semitic post so I assume he is a member of stormfront

Peace,

SG

Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But what if you are the person seeking that salary?
Offer service at cheaper price and build a client base. That's how Chinese immigrants survived and thrived in early days of America.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland231 View Post
There's a sizable number of black American women who get jobs teaching English in South Korea. As I have already pointed out, they are on youtube making videos about this very topic.

Teaching English in South Korea Pt 9 (Being African-American in Korea) - YouTube

It may require more work, but clearly, it's not impossible or even very difficult for an educated black person to get a teaching job in South Korea. Many of the schools judge the person by their individual merits (as they should). If the person does well during the interview and has solid credentials, they are usually hired.
1thing to consider is that we have a strong military presence in Korea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies