Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times

Advertisements

The BGOV Barometer shows that since Democrat John F. Kennedy took office in January 1961, non-government payrolls in the U.S. swelled by almost 42 million jobs under Democrats, compared with 24 million for Republican presidents, according to Labor Department figures.

Democrats hold the edge though they occupied the Oval Office for 23 years since Kennedy’s inauguration, compared with 28 for the Republicans. Through April, Democratic presidents accounted for an average of 150,000 additional private-sector paychecks per month over that period, more than double the 71,000 average for Republicans

Private Jobs Increase More With Democrats in White House - Bloomberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 05:51 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times
Neither Democrats nor Republicans create jobs. If anyone wants to relate job creation with the election cycle, they should look at Congressional passage of business regulation and then the point that the particular regulation went into effect, along with which party was in control at the time. Also, tax-restructuring legislation.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:56 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,320,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The BGOV Barometer shows that since Democrat John F. Kennedy took office in January 1961, non-government payrolls in the U.S. swelled by almost 42 million jobs under Democrats, compared with 24 million for Republican presidents, according to Labor Department figures.

Democrats hold the edge though they occupied the Oval Office for 23 years since Kennedy’s inauguration, compared with 28 for the Republicans. Through April, Democratic presidents accounted for an average of 150,000 additional private-sector paychecks per month over that period, more than double the 71,000 average for Republicans
Private Jobs Increase More With Democrats in White House - Bloomberg
If this information is correct (and I doubt it is) then BO is turning the corner for dems and its all bad now.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Neither Democrats nor Republicans create jobs. If anyone wants to relate job creation with the election cycle, they should look at Congressional passage of business regulation and then the point that the particular regulation went into effect, along with which party was in control at the time. Also, tax-restructuring legislation.
You can't have it both ways. Either Democrats or Republicans do not create jobs or they don't. If they don't then is shouldn't matter what laws, policies, taxes or regulations they pass.

Either that or I am completely missing your point, which isn't impossible.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
I'm not sure how ol' Bloomers would know this. Did he go around asking business owners if they are Rs or Ds? Unless someone chooses to go public with an endorsement or big donation, it's impossible to know.

I realize ol' Bloomers thinks he's the know-all, be-all of business. Whatever..

Old 05-16-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
If this information is correct (and I doubt it is) then BO is turning the corner for dems and its all bad now.

Actually if you look at the graph below, the sluggishness of the public sector (austerity measures ) has been consistently dragging down job growth.

http://botc.tcf.org/2012/05/graph-of...recovery-.html

Old 05-16-2012, 06:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
You have to look beyond the superficial label and look at policy. JFK was a staunch anti-commie who cut taxes on the rich. Nixon was an anti-free-market lefty who enacted wage and price controls, a policy that was even to the left of Obama. Bill Clinton was a fiscal conservative, at least post 1994, who signed welfare reform (eventually) and ran surpluses towards the end of his second term. W. Bush was a fiscal liberal who jacked up spending faster than any prez since LBJ.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...president.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK
"Lower rates of taxation will stimulate economic activity and so raise the levels of personal and corporate income as to yield within a few years an increased – not a reduced – flow of revenues to the federal government

Old 05-16-2012, 06:23 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,544 times
JFK has nothing in common with BHO. He cut taxes. Were he alive today,he'd be considered a conservative Republican.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:33 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times
Quote:
You can't have it both ways. Either Democrats or Republicans do not create jobs or they don't. If they don't then is shouldn't matter what laws, policies, taxes or regulations they pass.

I am saying any sitting president is less responsible than the body of laws that go into effect, which doesn't necessarily line up with the election cycle.

I am not asking to have it "both ways". I have not blamed Obama for lack of jobs, if that is what you are implying. I think that he is less responsible for that than the simple business cycle is.

I am concerned about what his policies could do in time, however.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:

Presidents are responsible for creating an ENVIRONMENT that fostes the private sector to grow and prosper when needed, they dont create jobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies