Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 01:50 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Unless any of the aforementioned catch you two in the act...in which they'll have to seek counseling.
What a funny joke. There's nothing funnier than homophobia in joke form. Are you a comedian?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:51 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with my being homosexual. It harms nobody - not me, not you, not your children, not any boyfriend of mine, not the man I'll marry, not my parents, not the mailman, not the guy on the corner downstairs - nobody. Therefore, it is not wrong.

In fact, it's good and moral and wonderful. My finding love and comanionship and support with another man makes me, him, my family, and the friend I have joyous.
It does harm children, because homosexuality is not a natural act. If children see this it will only harm their minds. Thats why we have ratings on movies. Thats why certain sexual acts are not allowed in public.

Quote:
Lying to others and breaking promises and violating the trust of others is wrong. If you have an agreement with a person that you are sexually and emotionally monogamous and you break that agreement, then yes, that is wrong. It harms both you and the person whose trust you are violating
Yes Adultery is wrong, and as with . lying to mother nature is wrong as well too

Old 05-16-2012, 01:54 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Yes Adultery is wrong, and as with . lying to mother nature is wrong as well too
Adultery affects another person.
Mother nature is not a person, but nature has its interesting ways. You can't try but you can't change that.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No problem with that, as long as their personal beliefs is only a personal belief. It is raising that issue to a collective level is where the problem begins.
This nation was born anti gay.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:55 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
They absolutely DO have that right when it is done through a legal vote of the people at the state level. You seem to have a difficult time grasping that.
I'm not talking about the right to vote. Do you believe it's right for you to get to decide how other people live in a no-harm situation based on something they don't believe?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Adultery affects another person.
Mother nature is not a person, but nature has its interesting ways. You can't try but you can't change that.
Mother nature is not wrong in producing our genitals for reproduction & sexuality.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:00 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
It does harm children, because homosexuality is not a natural act.
How, specifically, does it harm children? Not to mention the premise on which of your argument is flimsily (and that's being kind) based is faulty - homosexuality certainly is natural.

Quote:
If children see this it will only harm their minds.
Thats why we have ratings on movies. Thats why certain sexual acts are not allowed in public.
See what? Seeing what aspects of homosexuality will harm children? And again, how, specifically, will it harm children?

And I don't know about you, but I don't have sex in front of children. I think people who do that (knowingly) should be locked in jail for a long period of time. But just for arguments sake, lets say my niece walked in on either me and my boyfriend making love or my brother and his wife making love. Wouldn't she be harmed equally in both scenarios? If not, specifically, why and how would witnessing one versus the other be more harmful?

Old 05-16-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
So homosexuality is a belief?

I think it does harm people.

Its like telling a lie or committing other sins.
Should fornication & prostituting be allowed with our president & elected officials?

I disagree. It affects innocent children who watches those acts.
The idea that homosexuality is morally wrong and must be strictly banned is a belief.

Can you give examples of how homosexuality itself is harmful, and can you provide peer-reviewed studies that support those examples?

I honestly don't see anything wrong with "fornication". I wouldn't ever be involved with prostitution, myself, but if consenting adults want to give/buy sex for money, that's their decision and not my business.

Under what circumstances would innocent children watch sexual acts?

Old 05-16-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes - and doing so marginalizes the injustices suffered by black Americans throughout our history.
Drawing parallels in no way means that the two situations were exactly alike, so the false outrage over the comparions is dishonest.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:07 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Quote:
Mother nature is not wrong in producing our genitals for reproduction & sexuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies