Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:13 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times

Advertisements

Actually they never stop. Help me explain this to a guy that just eats up this crap.
They sure twisted things in the emails they are sending out.

U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade | Reuters

The United States reversed policy on Wednesday and said it would back launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms sales as long as the talks operated by consensus, a stance critics said gave every nation a veto.

Doesn't this article just refer to arms that we EXPORT and nothing about taking anyone's guns away at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 07:22 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Doesn't this article just refer to arms that we EXPORT and nothing about taking anyone's guns away at all?
No. The UN wants to regulate ALL gun ownership, worldwide, including an international gun registry which would include, among other things, handguns, rifles and shotguns.

The "gun nuts," as you so insultingly put it, have every right to be concerned, as should you, if you don't want the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution to be rendered null and void by a global political body that would like nothing more than to see the U.S. removed from superpower status.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 AM

136 posts, read 141,986 times
When they come for your guns, give them your bullets!

Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Why should people be restricted on what they own and sell to any country or person? Isn't this a free country?

Now I'm not saying we should be selling nuclear bombs, or bio weapons, or anything like that. I even think that in the United States we should regulate the sale of fully automatic weapons, and other things just meant to kill people in large amounts, mainly because we have police protection.

But if someone breaks into my home, I want a gun to protect me. I don't need an M-60 for that, a .357 or a shot gun will do the job. But when help is minutes away, and seconds matter, a gun is nice to have.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:26 AM

136 posts, read 141,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Why should people be restricted on what they own and sell to any country or person? Isn't this a free country?
It used to be.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:27 AM

503 posts, read 807,823 times
Which of your other rights are you willing to subjugate to the will of the United Nations or some other international body?

We can debate the gun issue domestically until we're blue in the face but it's clear that the last thing either side should want is the UN involved in ANY domestic policy of this country.

I mean, look how well they've done elsewhere.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:29 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times

Barack Obama's small town guns and religion comments - YouTube

Old 05-22-2012, 07:32 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Appreciate you bringing up this wedge issue between the moderate guntoting Dems and the liberal ones!

Old 05-22-2012, 07:41 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Now I'm not saying we should be selling nuclear bombs, or bio weapons, or anything like that. I even think that in the United States we should regulate the sale of fully automatic weapons, and other things just meant to kill people in large amounts, mainly because we have police protection.

But if someone breaks into my home, I want a gun to protect me. I don't need an M-60 for that, a .357 or a shot gun will do the job. But when help is minutes away, and seconds matter, a gun is nice to have.
well said.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:48 AM

23,567 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Agenda 21 is a UN initiative that has become a blueprint of the Obama admin.

This is the great slippery slope we all fear. A monster created by lawyers who have used their alien language to write legislation and treaties. we have no idea of the implication of appeals, time related social interpretation of legislation, reversals and constitutionality.

When you think regs refer only to exports you have to consider regs that may restrict a company that sells domestically and off shore. Think about Gibson guitar almost being put out of business for doing what they and other companies had been doing. Latent laws and new legal interpretations cause these sleeping regs to be suddenly enforced.

So many of this administrations actions are covert and performed remotely. Sure you can have your guns.....but the ammo manufacturers are slammed by the EPA, no lead allowed, firearm safety zones, buy up state land by the feds and change firearm usage laws, towns set up 'no discharge' rules, bans possession of pistols within city limits and so on.

This slippery slope causes us to be cautious of government intervention and throw in the UN and watch the negative reaction. We are a country of freedoms some of which we maintain despite laws. During WW2 knock off the military leaders and the troops just milled about like buffalo on a 'buffalo stand'. We are not that. The buffoons at the UN threaten our culture and we want no part of such cowards that we have to bail out when their neighborhood goes up in flames.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies