Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 02:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times

Advertisements

Here's an idea: Century south to Graham to get to Sam's towers.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
This weekend, I was on my way home. I saw a white family in their car (shielded) taking a tour through the black neighborhoods. They were just looking around, seeing residents go on about their business. I guess they were looking around to prove their stereotypical views, intending to re-enforce stereotypes and their racist gene onto their kids, generation after generation. It's understandable that racial paranoia is common.

Now usually when non-whites venture into upper class or upscale neighborhoods, they're thinking how nice the neighborhood looks and how exciting it is and not thinking which race in predominated in the area. When whites venture into non-white neighborhoods, they're just looking at minorities in hopes of proving their stereotypical views. I swear, racism and stereotypes have got to be a genetic trait.
So because you saw a family in a black neighborhood, they must be racists. You got all that from one car load of Caucasians?

I'm white (from all appearances), and I used to work in black neighborhoods. I don't mean so-so neighborhoods; I mean south central "in da'hood" areas. One morning I watched a gang of a about six guys chasing after a couple of guys while firing guns at them, no more than 100 feet from the home I was working on.

The people who live in these areas were some of my best customers. Aside from the random violence, I loved working for them and would do it again. The point; you have no clue why they were driving through the area. It makes you appear racially motivated to post such a diatribe.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Here's an idea: Century south to Graham to get to Sam's towers.
Maybe they were driving to Rosa Parks Station to get on the Blue Line for an enjoyable day in downtown L.A. sans a vehicle? Lot's of possibilities.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:35 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,581 times
Quote:
I usually buy into what my friends or family tells me.
Maybe you should be questioning the genes in you and your friends family trees instead.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:35 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,991,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Well, then you need to stop listening to your buddy - who is clearly a bit racist, and not the sharpest tool in the shed. Not sure how that means he's "thinking like a woman," though, since I am a woman who thinks he is being ridiculous.
OP needs to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:36 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Maybe you should be questioning the genes in you and your friends family trees instead.
No, just others.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Maybe they were driving to Rosa Parks Station to get on the Blue Line for an enjoyable day in downtown LA sans a vehicle? Lot's of possibilities.
A TON of possibilities.

(But I don't think the OP wants to hear about those. My MIL used to tutor students at the library near there. Nice, white lady in her Hyundai. Who knew she was being profiled?)

Old 05-16-2012, 02:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,101 times
Every single day, usually multiple times. I live in Harlem basically right on 125th (the commercial heart of the neighborhood - Apollo theater and everything), and buses filled with white gawkers tour through constantly.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:39 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So because you saw a family in a black neighborhood, they must be racists. You got all that from one car load of Caucasians?

I'm white (from all appearances), and I used to work in black neighborhoods. I don't mean so-so neighborhoods; I mean south central "in da'hood" areas. One morning I watched a gang of a about six guys chasing after a couple of guys while firing guns at them, no more than 100 feet from the home I was working on.

The people who live in these areas were some of my best customers. Aside from the random violence, I loved working for them and would do it again. The point; you have no clue why they were driving through the area. It makes you appear racially motivated to post such a diatribe.
From a POV I've been through most of South LA area a lot of times and really haven't seen any except those in police uniforms, at least in the 2000s.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:40 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,443,214 times
Quote:
This weekend, I was on my way home. I saw a white family in their car (shielded) taking a tour through the black neighborhoods. They were just looking around, seeing residents go on about their business. I guess they were looking around to prove their stereotypical views, intending to re-enforce stereotypes and their racist gene onto their kids, generation after generation. It's understandable that racial paranoia is common.

Now usually when non-whites venture into upper class or upscale neighborhoods, they're thinking how nice the neighborhood looks and how exciting it is and not thinking which race in predominated in the area. When whites venture into non-white neighborhoods, they're just looking at minorities in hopes of proving their stereotypical views. I swear, racism and stereotypes have got to be a genetic trait.
Curious how you can know why they were there or what they are thinking?
Did it occur to you that maybe they could have been visiting someone in the area?
It is Posts like this that are pure and simple RACIST and full of HATE.
It is posts like this that further cause division between the people of this country and it is shameful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies