Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:54 AM

59,255 posts, read 27,435,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Bush's entire presidency was irony! Bush and Cheney need to crawl back under their rocks. They did enough damage to our country: human rights, economic, allowed biggest attack on our soil ever, started preemptive wars...............
I am glad people keep stating threads about him.

I just LOVE watching the Bush haters go bananas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Your break with reality is complete. Thanks for the confirmation.
Now that is what I call the pot calling the kettle black!

Old 05-17-2012, 08:00 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,430,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Mitt Romney is George Bush Jr. or a mega dose of steroids.
Which one?

Old 05-17-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I see you got your limbaugh marching orders down pact.
And who do you get yours from, Mathews, Maher, Oberman?

Old 05-17-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I'd be in hiding too if I my policies had destroyed the economy and reputation of the finest country on the planet.
You are correct. IF the things you say were true. But, as the rest of know, they are NOT.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Bush I actually tried to rein the beast in, cut spending...increased taxes...and we the people called him an idiot for being fiscally responsible....and here we are today.
Sorry, but I remember what he did, and he fueled the fire more than anyone else. He increased spending, and cut taxes, now vice verse. And he lowered lending standards to a point where anyone could walk in with no down payment and get a mortgage. He lowered the lending standards 40 times and declared he was on a mission to put 6 million low income Hispanics in new house. And he started a trillion dollar war and occupation for nothing. It was totally reckless, and irresponsible and we are paying the price for it today, and will be paying for a long time. I am not surpeised he is hiding from public. Like I said, if I has screwed up as bad as he did, I'd be hiding too.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
This is all accurate. WE cannot just blame W though. Many in Congress including established liberals forged the housing crisis by lowering lending standards.
There is a time and place for everything. When Reagan said he wanted a house on every lot, it was the right time to say it, and to support it. It worked. When Bush made his speech about helping 5 million Hispanics get no-money-down loans, it was the worst possible time. It was the peak of the bubble, and it was time to cool things down, and NOT throw more fuel in the fire. But Bush threw in more fuel, and it blew up on his face. He never saw it coming, and that is unforgivable. A month before the collapse he was still saying "the economy is on a solid foundation". He could not have been more wrong.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:29 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,488,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The real irony here is he gave a speech on "human rights". The man who made torture, assassination, and preemptive war a part of official U.S. foreign policy, was giving a speech on human rights. He won't find many takers to what he is saying, however. Even Romney won't mention him by name.
So what do you think of Obama continuing those Bush policies?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:32 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,488,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Mitt Romney is George Bush Jr. or a mega dose of steroids.
So what do you think of Obama's continuation of Bush policies, the ones mentioned in the OP?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:48 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,156,961 times
Bush is a dry drunk that was manipulated into the Presidency by Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rove. They comprised a crime family that took our nation to the brink of disaster. Private contractor cronies made fortunes via Iraq and sadly even via the tragedy of Katrina. They avoided prosecution for their crimes due to the obvious reasons. A legacy of shame, despicable actions and anyone that denies it, is either lying, really dumbed down or getting paid to do so.

I might also add that is incredibly obvious that anyone that is bashing Obama for his killing bin Laden is sucking down sour grapes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies