Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:32 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Your break with reality is complete. Thanks for the confirmation.
where do you live, in bizarro world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 11:33 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
You realize that "the damn Republicans" had support from the damn Democrats, right?

I mean you know that, right?
Yes, I know that. The only thing more contemptible than the way the Republicans conducted themselves in the aftermath of 9/11 is the cravenness displayed by the Democrats.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:34 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
confused assigning blame?

Obama still farms out torture to other countries, he assasinated Bin laden and a US citizen and gave guns to the Mexican drug cartel.

The depth of economic destruction by Obama's hand makes GWB look like a miser.

Seems GWB had a coalition of more countries and Dems to support his actions than Obama ever had.

GWB has exhibited far more humanity than Obama could ever muster. GWB made huge humanitarian effforts in Africa to fight HIV epidemic. If that was Obama he would be awarded another nobel peace prize.

GWB was endorsed by the Dahli Lama, Obama was endorsed by Chavez and Amadinajad. Putin owns Obama.

GWB never published and 'enemies list' or had a union leader encourage the members to 'take out' their enemies. 'Take out' is a commonly used term meaning assassinate, kill, rub out someone in case you wonder. You know, the type of rhetoric Pelosi worried would lead to violence. Like the wall st pros pelosi and obama have endorsed.

GWB did not 'allow' the 9.11 attack. If that was the case Obama would have to be responsible for everything that happened under his watch.

You know, like the times square bomber and the fruit of the loom bomber. Yes, both bombs were ignited and failed to go off. No one prevented those bombings. The bombs failed to explode. that counts as two occurrences of terrorism. Then if you classify the fort hood terrorist attack as 'workplace violence' as Obama and company tried to do as well as ignore the recruiter who was shot and killed by a terrorist in ? Kentucky?. We see Obama saving the USA by the heavy use of rhetoric and luck and a lap dog USAG who would rather attack state legislation than provide assistance.

If you think GWB is in exile, wait until november 2012 and see how deep obama goes to avoid to hide from his embarassing tenure as president.

His tenure will be discounted by history and the next president will assume obama's number in the order of US presidents as he didn't really count as he abstains from self blame and assumed no responsibility.
Quote:
Your break with reality is complete. Thanks for the confirmation.
You got stomped.

Deal with it.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
The real irony here is he gave a speech on "human rights". The man who made torture, assassination, and preemptive war a part of official U.S. foreign policy, was giving a speech on human rights. He won't find many takers to what he is saying, however. Even Romney won't mention him by name.

In the Shadows of a Campaign, Bush Peeks Through His Cloak - ABC News
George Bush? Who the heck is that? Crying about him is like crying about James Madison...Give it up already!!!!

Old 05-17-2012, 12:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Assassination? I thought that was a more recent President.
No that was JFK who went nuts trying to assassinated Castro.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:54 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Me. I called that on Sept. 12. Sept. 11 was a lot of hype -- remember the death of humor, of laughter, of everything good and decent? Leave it to the damn Republicans to blow an event out of proportion and use it to pass every Cold War wet dream piece of policy they could muster.
Wow. Just wow. An attack on American soil against innocent citizens is an event blown out of proportion? Gotta love Liberal compassion.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Wow. Just wow. An attack on American soil against innocent citizens is an event blown out of proportion? Gotta love Liberal compassion.
Yep... as I type this, I sit in Afghanistan a few clicks away from the spiritual kin of those who attacked us. Save your nonsense ideas about "liberals". I believe in measured responses. Ever see Gran Torino? Remember Clint Eastwood's character's (Walt Kowalksi I think) response after the gang raped his young nieghbor? I wish America would have acted a bit more like that... measured and direct... decisive action taken against a defined enemy. That would have been much more to my liking than the blustery "death of joy" womanly nonsense your GOPers engaged in.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I still want to know how the OP feels about Obama continuing the things the OP decries in his post.

I'll wait.
I feel disappointed and, at times, rather disgusted. I do, however, breathe a sigh of relief that the crazy train that is the GOP has been held at bay for the past 3.5 years.

The tragedy is the neoconservatives instituted a "new normal", where the military industrial complex is now free to run amok, as the so-called "War on Terror" is a blank check by both parties. But, of course, it's much more complex. Someone like Pres. Obama is governing from the center, which has been pushed to the right, so that your two choices for President have become conservatism or neoconservatism, neither appealing to millions of Americans.

It's no accident, it's been carefully scripted by the partnership of the Republican Party, corporate America, and their clueless voting base. 9/11 provided the opportunity to ram it down Americans throats while shrieking "Terrorist!" every other day to keep the sheep scared. The 1%'rs win, the rest of America, and the world, loses from this new normal in American politics.

Of course, even minor changes to this new script by Pres. Obama means the army of neoconservatives at FOX, the Teabaggers, and all the other assorted RWNJ's start hyperventilating, so any attempt to restore anything resembling a normal, healthy Democracy in this country faces a hysterical mob shouting "Traitor!" and "Communist!" and other epithets I won't repeat.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
where do you live, in bizarro world?
Reality, a world you would never recognize.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Yes, I know that. The only thing more contemptible than the way the Republicans conducted themselves in the aftermath of 9/11 is the cravenness displayed by the Democrats.
Sad but entirely true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies