U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 11:55 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,088,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm basing my comment on statistics. What are you basing your's on..........feelings?
I doubt millionaires are posting over 800 posts a month on internet forums.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 11:57 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,261,410 times
Quote:
Good work Illinois.
Yep, Illinois is such a beautiful state...

Old 05-16-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Free?? LOL
IT's called Romneycare.

Far from perfect, but better than the crap in most other parts of the country.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:00 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,237,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
This thread is about raising the unemployment rate. If you want to attack millionaires and their posting preferences please start your own thread.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Of course not.

They can afford to hire people to post 800 posts a month for them.

We usually call them disinformation agents.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
IT's called Romneycare.

Far from perfect, but better than the crap in most other parts of the country.
I don't care what you want to call it. You think it's free is what is funny. Everything is free..........yippee.........the money tree provides yet again. I think democrats are right the US is infested with ignorant people. Or they have created them through their corruption in the public school system. Either way.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-17-2012 at 04:34 AM..

Old 05-17-2012, 12:03 AM

Your crying about disinformation agents when this thread was started about raising the unemployment rate in Illinois and your screaming about free healthcare in Mass???? How much to you get paid?

Old 05-17-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Your crying about disinformation agents when this thread was started about raising the unemployment rate in Illinois and your screaming about free healthcare in Mass???? How much to you get paid?
Raising the minimum wage doesn't increase unemployment.

It's a non-story.

The minimuim wage should have been raised all along. Congrats to the great state of Illinois for being one of the few states to do so.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:11 AM

23,508 posts, read 17,601,541 times
Quote:
"Lathan Cole, 29, of Springfield, said he has a bachelor’s degree in psychology and worked with disabled people at a nonprofit, until he was laid off two years ago during the state’s budget crisis. He now works in a diner for $8.25 an hour.

“I can’t pay my car payment, so my grandfather helps me with that. Sometimes I have to ask my grandmother for gas money,” he said. “I can’t afford to go out to eat. That’s a leisure thing, and that’s not my qualm. It’s that I can’t even meet my bare minimum. It’s really hard.”
What a loser. If you cannot afford the car, then you sell it. Duh!

It ain't lke there's no mass transit in Springfield.

Typical entitlement Gen Y puke. Thinks having internet, a cell-phone, cable/satellite, and dining out are "rights."

When I was going to university, I shared an apartment with 2 others, then one other, before I had saved enough money to rent on my own.

I did not have a car, because I could not afford it, and I worked full-time or part-time (as the case might have been). I didn't have internet until 2006, because, uh, you know, I couldn't afford that, or a cell-phone.

Sobbing for the poor bastard (not)...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Massachusetts has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country yet we've had one of the highest min wage and generous welfare for the poor. I got nearly free healthcare for 2 years. Massachusetts is superior and the rest of the country should learn from us
$8/hour is one of the highest minimum wage rates?

Fast-food workers in Cincinnati start at $8.50/hour (and the minimum wage in Ohio is $6.84 -- federal is $7.25). How sad is that?

And you haven't had one of the lowest unemployment rates in the US.

You'll have to prove your claims (says Mircea.....grinning....knowing that he cannot do it).

15 MASSACHUSETTS 6.5

Massachusetts 6.5 Jan. 1976 11.1 Oct. 2000 2.6

Still grinning...

Mircea

Old 05-17-2012, 12:16 AM

Yep I remember working my way through school and scratching by afterwards. Ramens, frozen pizza if I had some extra dough and mac n cheese were the staples. This guy wasted four years to get a useless degree probably paid for by others and now is whining about how he can't afford anything. Well no sheet. If your 29 and making min wage your an idiot to begin with. My 15yo who's never held a job in his life will start his first in a couple weeks when school is out for the summer making more than this idiot. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies