Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 12:15 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

And chill with the battle cry nonsense. You aren't gonna fight anything, and neither is anyone else. The truth is that WHITE owned corporations like their cheap Latino labor, and as long as that little factoid remains true, there will be illegal immigrants storming the borders. If you were really interested in stopping the brown hordes, you'd go after the corporations first. But you don't wanna do that, do you? That's harder to do since they're well financed and pay off the right people in power, so go after the little brown folks that have no power.

Stop giving the illegals an invitation, and they'll stop coming. In other words, a job (even an illegal one) = an invitation. Period.
Hispanics are many colors not just brown. There are white & black hispanics

Quote:
Wow...this is a new low. Now, you're experiencing EMPATHY for the Indians? You're about 500 or so years late with that one
We saw the way that work. Why would hispanics want to repeat that process?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 12:15 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
LOL...that's definitely what it's about in your case. C'mon...at least come clean about it.
Chicagonut will never admit it.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:16 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The demographic changes are about the birth rate of people IN THIS COUNTRY.

The reality is that Black and Hispanic Americans have higher birth rates than White Americans.

The reality is the substantial majority of older Americans are White Americans.

The people that are born here ARE AMERICANS whether you like it or not. That is NOT going to change.
Its mostly anchor babies combined with legals. Anchor babies give a higher percentage to parents illegally in the country.

How would you explain the high birth rates?

Old 05-17-2012, 12:18 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Whatever. I'm getting mine, and that's all i care about. I ain't with that poor stuff. That's no way to live in America.

But hey...your life, not mine.
Are you earning it or are you "gittin" it? The way put it kind of turns me off a little.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:22 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its mostly anchor babies combined with legals. Anchor babies give a higher percentage to parents illegally in the country.

How would you explain the high birth rates?
How do babies get conceived?

Old 05-17-2012, 12:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Just because many baseball players are Hispanic doesn't meant that the Hispanic population prefers baseball over soccer. I really don't care anyway. That is only a minor thing. You are the one who brought up baseball as some kind of indicator of cultural unity in this country.

You're wrong. Mexicans by far make up the most Hispanics in this country. Florida is the exception to the rule. Many if not most legal or citizen Hispanics do eventually learn English but that isn't their primary language of usage, it is Spanish. Florida is a good example of that. My issue is mainly with Mexicans and other Latinos coming to this country illegally and popping out babies like there is no tomorrow and living on the government dole. They come here with virtually no skills or education and are taking American blue collar jobs at a cut rage wage. They will be generations of takers not givers.
The red and blue sentence contradict each other.

Quote:
Time to drop that stupid label of "we are a nation of immigrants". It simply isn't true anymore. The citizen population way outnumbers any immigrant population and has for decades now. How many generations will it take for us to be able to call ourselves a "nation of Americans" because that is what we are now regardless of the fact that we still allow in immigrants. So do other countries allow in immigrants but for some strange reason their citizens are allowed to be identifed by their nation's names and not some other mish-mash of foreign identities.
Everyone in the US except the Native Americans is descended from immigrants.

Quote:
Human nature just isn't like that. You cannot have a cohesive country without one dominant culture and language. This mulit-cult nonsense drives me insane. I couldn't care less about what race or skin color someone is/has.
Our dominant culture contains bits and pieces from a lot of other cultures. We are in the process of incorporating Hispanic into that, e.g. Cinco de Mayo celebrations.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:32 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
So is all of this just a roundabout way of saying that blacks need to lock arms with whites AGAINST the coming Latino groundswell? Because that seems to be the case you're making without really coming out and saying so.
Not at all. It's about managing expectations.

I know that "Latinos" are not a monolithic group. In a few decades knowing someone is "Latino" will be as useful as knowing someone has someone is of Italian descent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter
If so, all i can say is that i disagree wholeheartedly. Whites keep playing this thing as if blacks have the most to lose, but if that were the case, whites wouldn't be so paranoid about it. They're paranoid about it because they see THEMSELVES losing power. Whites have never given a damn about black folks' skin in the game one way or the other, and they damn sure don't care now.
That's probably true. But I think my posts are directed to those black people on this board who continue to make pronouncements that the "power structure" is going to be shaken up and/or result in fundemantal changes in the way things are run.... or those who take some triumphantalist approach without objectively thinking about how that will actually affect all others. Especially when white liberals are actually some of the only people of any race who consistently insist on the "equality for all" --- rather than, "equality for US" mantra.

Of course, white people don't expect black people to care about whether they lose power in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter
As a black man, i'm not getting caught in the middle of this nonsense. I'm not going to be marginalized by the coming Hispanic groundswell, so i really don't care.
That's kinda my point. Changing demographics do not mean a change in status for really anyone. At the government level, maybe, but I couldn't care less the color of my representative, so long as he represents my values.

Unfortunately, because I am socially liberal, and because a lot of new immigrants bring with them old world social values, my biggest fear is that the passing on of the white liberal will lead to the rise of the superstitious third world social mores and adoption of maladaptive cultural tendencies writ large.

I don't think race dictates culture, however, so I'm relatively optimistic that Americanization is a force greater than balkanization.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:32 PM

983 posts, read 3,598,720 times
Default Asi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Who cares what they're "accustomed" to? All that matters is what this new generation of "diversity" brings to America. Can anyone logically or factually claim that non-white people are leading the nation in education....leading the nation in entrepreneurialship.....leading the nation in job creation....leading the nation in prosperity?
You seem to have forgotten about Asians. Though even then they still lack White Privilege Whites are blessed with.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:35 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Chicagonut will never admit it.
The reality is Conservatives won't attack businesses that hire illegal immigrants.

When I see a Republican politician bring a bill to the floor of Congress mandating a fine of $100,000 for any company that is caught hiring and illegal immigrant then I'll believe they are serious about immigration.

The won't attack the corporations because despite of the anti-immigration rhetoric business don't face substantial penalties for hiring illegal immigrants. Not only does hiring illegal immigrants mean hire profits for businesses it means lower cost to consumers.

They attack the immigrants because they know that every immigrant that has a child in this country has just given birth to a United States citizen. These future citizens will pose a threat to their continued political, social and economic dominance.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:35 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
DUHHHHH.....

Please enlighten me, on what EXACTLY are YOU and the likes are going to fight for?

Do you think you're going to win? If so, go right ahead, there wont be anything more that would please me, just to give you a little tipper, your war will not only involve people that are here in the mainland, you would have to go further than the narrow corridors of your mind son!! GL
Citizens of a country shouldn't fight an illegal invasion of their country? Do you think that Mexicans would roll over for an illegal invasion by Chinese for example into their country? Don't know if we loyal, law abiding Americans will win but we'd be fools and cowards not to fight this fight. A fight can be won without using weapons you know.

Son? LOL! I am a senior female. So much for your assumptions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies