Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:52 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times

Advertisements

Kids who are in the 5th 6th and 7th grade lost . They do not realize the massive debt 8 years of Obama will bring them.
High taxes on no jobs but free birth control.
In 4 years by obamas numbers we will have 20 trillion on debt. That will be about a trillion a year in interest.
But we do not give a crap about the touch who will have to pay for it, they will have Obamacare food stamps an govt checks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Kids who are in the 5th 6th and 7th grade lost . They do not realize the massive debt 8 years of Obama will bring them.
High taxes on no jobs but free birth control.
In 4 years by obamas numbers we will have 20 trillion on debt. That will be about a trillion a year in interest.
But we do not give a crap about the touch who will have to pay for it, they will have Obamacare food stamps an govt checks,
Would you like a hanky?

Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Would you like a hanky?
I see by your comment you have no empathy for the people who will be paying for this.Typical hateful liberal comment.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I see by your comment you have no empathy for the people who will be paying for this.Typical hateful liberal comment.
The instant gratification crowd doesn't care. They want what they want now, no matter what it takes to get it.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The instant gratification crowd doesn't care. They want what they want now, no matter what it takes to get it.
Their hateful disregard for our youth will someday come back to get them

Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM

50 posts, read 111,939 times
Quote:
Would you like a hanky?
Why is this the standard bearer response??

Bush added to the debt more than he should of and then Obama doubles it. Seriously instead of just saying a person is whining over this. What is the solution?? If Obama doubles the debt again is that Okay with everyone??! I guess I don't get it.

Socially I am liberal - from gay marriage to gun control to granting young immigrants citizenship... However I just cannot for the life of me understand how somebody doesn't understand that the way the economy is set up it's going to fail.

Putting the burden on the middle class to pay for the majority of taxes is going to be a hell of a problem. How is the small business owner who is barely squeaking by suppose to pay higher health care costs for his employees AND a higher tax rate --- while all his employees enjoy paying less or nothing at all??? I think the answer is they will start laying off workers... this is a sad proposition but something that is likely to happen.

Really what do people think about the growing debt? Is this something that is acceptable?? Do you guys really trust politicians to do the right thing with our money???? Big government is going to be a good thing? I guess I just don't trust any of them whether they are republican or democrat ? So if it's a choice between entrusting them with more money or less money.. Right now I'm going to choose less money.

And for the record I never voted for Bush. and voted for Obama last term. So don't come with that cry me a river republican response. This debt and economic disaster that has been going on for the past 10 years seems to have no end in sight -- I can't be the only American that sees this path as risky.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
The people don't care. They will leave it to the government to solve.
How ironic is that ?

Old 11-07-2012, 10:45 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,879,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The people don't care. They will leave it to the government to solve.
How ironic is that ?
This, and your other quote about instant gratification. The population as a whole is concerned with what they want individually. There is no weighing what's best for future generations as a whole, only what people want now. I suspect hard work as a collective will not prevail, and people will increasingly rely on government to save them.

As far as Romney vs. Obama, I believe it would be in everyone's best interest to recognize neither was any good. What Romney would have "cut", he would have pushed into military spending. Voting for the "lesser of the two evils" is floating this mess of a political system.

As Ben Franklin said, "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Old 11-07-2012, 10:47 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,093,726 times
Quote:
Would you like a hanky?

Do you have spare hankies?

Wait a minute.

You have three of 'em.

Give me one.

Yes.

I said GIVE me one.

You don't need three handkerchiefs.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
This, and your other quote about instant gratification. The population as a whole is concerned with what they want individually. There is no weighing what's best for future generations as a whole, only what people want now. I suspect hard work as a collective will not prevail, and people will increasingly rely on government to save them.

As far as Romney vs. Obama, I believe it would be in everyone's best interest to recognize neither was any good. What Romney would have "cut", he would have pushed into military spending. Voting for the "lesser of the two evils" is floating this mess of a political system.

As Ben Franklin said, "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
I agree with you and barry gold water

Extremism In The Defense Of Liberty Is No Vice - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies