Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 01:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,642,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No you won't. Those of us who have been following this issue have read all the above. There are about five closed threads and several open ones about the Martin shooting.

Zimmerman weighed in at the jail at 185#.
So you're saying because it's posted here, it must be fact?

You can follow 'til the cows come home. That doesn't mean you know squat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 03:15 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,673,898 times
It doesn't take a health expert to see from the videos of Zimmerman side by side with the police is smaller than most of the police. The news media used very old photos of Zimmerman when he was fat. It is easy to see from the current videos that Zimmerman is about 5'8" and approximately 180 pounds.

When the incident initially happened the national news media didn't even pick it up. Once it got attention from Sharpton and Jackson the profit motive was on. The news media has done everything in its power to support the black community from showing old photos presented in a disproportion manner to the way they address the individuals. Notice how the news media refers to Martin as Trayvon and Zimmerman as Zimmerman. Why didn't they refer to Zimmerman as George or Trayvon as Martin?

The FL prosecutor who had Mr. Zimmerman arrested has been re-elected. (No surprise there).

We hear little to nothing about the fact that Mr. Martin was suspended from his school for drug use. Could Mr. Martin have been high that night? Could Mr. Martin have taken drugs that caused him to
paranoid or exhibit other odd behavior?

The problem is that the information the public has been getting is mainly from the mainstream news media that has presented a biased picture favoring an outcome that will benefit them the most. It isn't about justice. It's about selling TV advertising, elections, and lawyers fees.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:56 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,272,975 times
Quote:
No you won't. Those of us who have been following this issue have read all the above. There are about five closed threads and several open ones about the Martin shooting.

Zimmerman weighed in at the jail at 185#.
Do you mean very recently? From the video clip he doesn't look anywhere near 185 pounds.

Richard Gere is about that size and Zimmerman looks more like Shrek than Richard Gere.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:08 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Do you mean very recently? From the video clip he doesn't look anywhere near 185 pounds.

Richard Gere is about that size and Zimmerman looks more like Shrek than Richard Gere.
Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
**Zimmerman's height is shown as 5'8" and his weight as 185 pounds on his Seminole County Sheriff's Office Inmate Booking Information dated 4/11/2012.[40][41

Old 05-17-2012, 07:11 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,272,975 times
Quote:
Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
**Zimmerman's height is shown as 5'8" and his weight as 185 pounds on his Seminole County Sheriff's Office Inmate Booking Information dated 4/11/2012.[40][41
It's wikipedia, and the weigh in occurred a month and a half after the shooting. If I was under the same scrutiny and stress as Zimmerman was, I'd probably lose around 30 lbs myself, and I'm not fat.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,489,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Zimmerman followed Martin in a car while talking to 911. Even though Zimmerman knew police were coming, Zimmerman with a gun on his person got out of his car and confronted Martin. Zimmerman is responsible for the confrontation so no one should buy his claim of self-defense.

Martin could clearly say he felt threatened by Zimmerman, a man who had been following him in a car while he was on foot, then parked the car and came after him with a gun on his person. I would not blame Martin one bit for fighting Zimmerman in self-defense; I would have done the same thing. So, even if it is true that Zimmerman got wounds from Martin, who the heck can blame Martin? He was pursued in a vehicle and then by foot by a man who was bound and determined to confront him.

Zimmerman cannot claimed he killed Martin in self-defense when he started to lose a fist fight that he started by unnecessarily confronting Martin. And in this situation, it really doesn't matter who swung first, as we can clearly see from what we do know it was Zimmerman who started the whole confrontation. If Zimmerman had just let police handle it, and stayed in his car, none of this would have happened.

And this is exactly what the Sanford police report says...they stated that the incident was "ultimately avoidable" had Zimmerman stayed in his vehicle until law enforcement arrived and not taken the law into his own hands.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:19 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
It's wikipedia, and the weigh in occurred a month and a half after the shooting. If I was under the same scrutiny and stress as Zimmerman was, I'd probably lose around 30 lbs myself, and I'm not fat.
So he weighed more at the shooting? OK. So he outweighed Trayvon by quite a bit. I'll buy that.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:19 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,742,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Why are you so invested in the outcome of this case?
It goes beyond the Martin/Zimmerman case.

News is supposed to be unbiased facts that tell the story in a truthful way.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:24 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,489,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
It goes beyond the Martin/Zimmerman case.

News is supposed to be unbiased facts that tell the story in a truthful way.
Well then someone should also call Faux News on that same bias.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:29 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,742,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well then someone should also call Faux News on that same bias.
So you agree with me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies