Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:27 PM

58,996 posts, read 27,280,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So that is what this re-election campaign is boiling down to..pitting one race against the other ?
Obama has been doing that ever since he came into office.

If they can't take it, they shouldn't be dishing it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 06:29 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The NY Times today reports:

"A group of high-profile Republican strategists is working on a proposal to mount one of the most aggressive and provocative campaigns of the 'super PAC' era and attack President Obama in ways that Republicans have so far shied away from."
"Through a written statement, Ricketts denied supporting this type of strategy, calling the leaked memo "one of several"
and affirming his plan to go after the president on the economy."

Who really did leak this story, and who actually benefits from it.

On MSNBC it was "BREAKING NEWS", "SHOCKING"

I think the Dems love this topic, and anything else that keeps the
discussions away from connecting Obama to his own record, and
our poor economic/fiscal disaster.

No one needs to drudge up the Reverent Wright/Obama past
to understand Obama's philosophy. It's quite simple.
Barrack likes to spend money we do not have
Next....

Old 05-17-2012, 06:30 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Now let me hear one more conservative ask why more Black Americans don't vote for the Republican Party.
I've been asking for years why fewer Black Americans don't vote for the Democratic party. Can't they see that the race baiting tactics and fomenting of division by the Sharptons, Jacksons, and Obamas, are not in their long term interest?

Old 05-17-2012, 06:30 PM

58,996 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
trying to find a spokesperson in the GOP who is "extremely literate" will be quite the challenge.
If that is the case we know none of them will be ex- dems.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:31 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What exactly is there to debate between you and I? My statement? Prove me wrong. You can't. It's been done and continues to be done.
Maybe it was "I" who misunderstood your comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yet it's ok to connect sundry Republican candidates, including Romney, to the Klan, Aryan Nations, etc.
There was no indication as to who or what you were responding to here?

Was it tongue -n-cheek?

Were you equating "sundry Republican candidates" to Romney, the Klan, Aryan Nations, etc.?
Were you saying that it is/was the Republicans that were in support of these ideologues?

Again .. your response to whatever you were responding to was not exactly clear!

If I made a mistake in my @ $ $umption then .. I stand corrected and 'humiliated'!

Old 05-17-2012, 06:36 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
While I hope this is not carried out and think that it likely would backfire, Team Obama and the NYT have no room to carp. The race baiting strategy of the 2008 Obama campaign was well-detailed in the book Game Change. According to the book Hillary even said at one point how much she would love to get her hands on their internal memos to see the race baiting strategies in black & white (pun intended).

And the NYT has no room to act shocked, shocked after the "white hispanic" escapade that even the WA Post said "raised eybrows" for its race-baiting aspect.
Um....if you are referring to Zimmerman, that whole "white hispanic" thing started with the Orlando media, not the NYT.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:47 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Good. It's about time they grew some cajones.

After listening to race-baiting Obama for 3.5 years, the thinking public is sick to death of it and knows it's time to fight fire with fire.

It's funny ol' Jeremiah had nothing to do with Obama, even though Obama paid him off to shut him up. Now all at once religion matters? Nice.
Oddly, there are many white members of the church that the Obamas attended in Chicago; the main church membership is predominately white.
They understood and tolerated Reverend Wright's interest in Black Liberation Theology. President Obama won by many votes, and they were from virtually every demographic; society at large is less racist than we might witness here. The race card was played when Rush played "Barack the Magic Negro," and went undenounced by the GOP. Now every racist in the U.S. feels not only empowered to advocate violence against other racial groups or individuals, but even to anonymous strangers on a social networking site. Thank you, Rush...Americans can now see which of their neighbors are openly prejudiced.

About Us

Old 05-17-2012, 06:47 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Now let me hear one more conservative ask why more Black Americans don't vote for the Republican Party.
You nailed it. Doesnt that just make you laugh. BTW. Code of the week
"urban youth"

Old 05-17-2012, 06:50 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I've been asking for years why fewer Black Americans don't vote for the Democratic party. Can't they see that the race baiting tactics and fomenting of division by the Sharptons, Jacksons, and Obamas, are not in their long term interest?
Cant you see that the GOP hate for "urban youths" and "take my Country back" is not in our long term sirvival?

Old 05-17-2012, 07:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Cant you see that the GOP hate for "urban youths" and "take my Country back" is not in our long term sirvival?
No frankly, I cannot. I'd have to see the context. But to label as racist anyone who uses the term 'urban youth' or the phrase 'take our country back' is completely absurd on its face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies