Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 01:48 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times

Advertisements

What this latest revelation suggests is that Obama has manipulated his past to suit his goals at the time. Was he really born in Kenya? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he was presenting himself as "born in Kenya" at one point in his life and later realized that would work against him and changed his story. That is the picture that is emerging.

How can anyone be trusted who has fabricated parts of his past to suit his goals? I listened to Obama during the last campaign season and I never did trust him as my radar always said, "This guy isn't what he seems to be."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 01:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Instead of your usual dumb comments why dont you comment on the source of this instead. It was from back in 1991. We didnt travel back in time and force him to write that. You can sit there and blast people all you want for questioning this and that but when stuff like this comes out, how the hell can you blame them?

You dummies try to bring up a prank from 50 years ago but we cant talk about what Obama's own agent wrote?!?!
Deflectors all operate the same way, just sometimes with some different words.

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
You dummies try to bring up a prank from 50 years ago but we cant talk about what Obama's own agent wrote?!?!
not without enduring countless outraged shrieks from the left, you can't..

140 posts, read 94,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I stopped here again because how the hell does one come to the synopsis that an individual born in Hawaii, was actually born in Kenya..

Please explain that to me.. How do you condense one into the other?
You bring up a most excellent point.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What if this is the bombshell Breitbart promised?
unlikely since this is the first paragraph of the article:

"Note from Senior Management:
Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961."

Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I question Birthers because EVERY piece of so-called evidence has been disproved over and over again and been proven to be the garden food that it truly is. Anyone that is so stupid or bullheaded to have ignored that fact has long ago given up the right to be addressed as a thinking person and should be labeled by the derogatory term of Birther.
Which part of that oh so long link did you read? Oh, none, I am sure but you have been hard at it attacking the messenger and calling him names. I sure hope this turns out to be false, but I won't stop reading links if it does.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:54 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
I stopped here laughing so hard, that I have others in the room looking at me like I'm on laughing gas..

People "already there" still "go" to Harvard
Was the pamphlet published before May?

Old 05-17-2012, 01:56 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
I stopped here again because how the hell does one come to the synopsis that an individual born in Hawaii, was actually born in Kenya..

Please explain that to me.. How do you condense one into the other?
You read the biographical information the author submitted where he says his father, Barack Obama Sr was born in Kenya. You're just scanning the more extensive material because you're in a hurry to get the synopsis done, and this author is a nobody, not even published yet, and you mistake Barack Obama Sr for Barack Obama Jr.

And please use "synopsis" correctly. You are supposed to be a writer, remember?

Old 05-17-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
and a bit suspicious since 1990 articles from both the new york times and jet magazine on obama becoming the president of harvard law revue cite obama as being born in hawaii.

First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review - NYTimes.com

interesting new birther claim tho. will look into it further.
Now can you come up with a link to anything Obama wrote while the President of the Harvard Law Review? It will be tough since it seems that he was the only person to ever hold that position to never have written anything for the publication. I really do wonder why that is.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:58 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
unlikely since this is the first paragraph of the article:

"Note from Senior Management:
Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961."
Andrew Breitbart promised a thorough vetting of Obama this time around since the media did not do it the first time. I would take that to mean, "We're going to look into his past and let the chips fall where they may."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies