Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:27 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times

Advertisements

He came out screaming this after the senate voted down four budgets.......
“During lunch at the White House with top leaders of the House and Senate, Obama called the political deadlock last year “not acceptable” and emphasized that he expects a “serious bipartisan approach” to tackling the budget and the federal deficit this year, White House press secretary Jay Carney said.
Obama stressed the need to “avoid fighting old political fights,” Carney told reporters after the meeting. “It’s simply not acceptable to hold the American and global economy hostage to one party’s political ideology. It’s the responsibility of Congress to ensure that the United States of America pays its bills, maintains its creditworthiness.”

Poor bammer can't even get democrats on his side now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 09:50 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,231,128 times
Only you and Sity Data can twist something so bad.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Only you and Sity Data can twist something so bad.
How so?

Old 05-18-2012, 10:06 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Looks like Obama's trying to make the Dem tent so big, it's starting to tear.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
He came out screaming this after the senate voted down four budgets.......
“During lunch at the White House with top leaders of the House and Senate, Obama called the political deadlock last year “not acceptable” and emphasized that he expects a “serious bipartisan approach” to tackling the budget and the federal deficit this year, White House press secretary Jay Carney said.
Obama stressed the need to “avoid fighting old political fights,” Carney told reporters after the meeting. “It’s simply not acceptable to hold the American and global economy hostage to one party’s political ideology. It’s the responsibility of Congress to ensure that the United States of America pays its bills, maintains its creditworthiness.”

Poor bammer can't even get democrats on his side now.

Oh wait one doggone second here, you whine that the Senate has shot down every budget and then when Obama says they need to get their act together and pass one you are against him on that and laugh that one has not been passed. I really do not understand where the heck you stand on the issue, oh wait, now I get it, so long as Obama is for it you are against it, even if he is correct, why did that not come as a surprise.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,231,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
How so?
read post #6

Old 05-18-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Oh wait one doggone second here, you whine that the Senate has shot down every budget and then when Obama says they need to get their act together and pass one you are against him on that and laugh that one has not been passed. I really do not understand where the heck you stand on the issue, oh wait, now I get it, so long as Obama is for it you are against it, even if he is correct, why did that not come as a surprise.
No I'm laughing because the dems voted it down and Obama was giving his usual lecture to republicans to work in a bipartisan manner. I just made the title read democrats instead of republicans. Or translation of the final sentence of that quote, "I need another debt ceiling increase guys". Yippee.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:36 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No, he is just showing how bad the left is and cannot even get their own story straight....kinda funny...

Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Default O'drama from Obama

The GOP has been hitting hard at the Senate for refusing to show up for budget deliberations. It has been a key focus of their efforts the past two weeks. Obama finally noticed and having no defense of his own he pretends to throw the Senate Dems under the bus.

Nothing to look at here folks, just political posturing by the newly gay Obama the Drama Queen.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:43 PM

Democrats must all be homophobes for not voting for a budget from the first gay president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies