Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:55 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Maybe Arizona needs another lawsuit by keeping Obama off the ballot. If he appeared on the ballot in Arizona in 2008 and satisfied their requirements why are they even questioning this? Besides it's not like Obama is going to win those old sun wrinkled brain shrunk Tea Partiers of that state!
No one questioned the authenticity back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 07:56 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
It was only after he won that certain groups started looking for underhand ways to overturn the democratic choice of the American people.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:13 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
It was only after he won that certain groups started looking for underhand ways to overturn the democratic choice of the American people.
I Think if he was not born here the American people deserve to know, because it would be fraud. I he was born here great, he is our commander & chief.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:34 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
yes they did.

there were accusations that the COLB was a fake ( or that it wasn't an official birth certificate ) almost immediately after it was released online in june 2008.

check out the archive comments from the LA times article on the COLB release from june 16, 2008

Barack Obama's birth certificate revealed here - latimes.com

Last edited by wrecking ball; 05-21-2012 at 09:32 AM..

Old 05-21-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
It was only after he won that certain groups started looking for underhand ways.....
actually the "kenyan/foreign born" rumors date back to february 2008

Barackryphal: The Secret Origin of the Birthers

the "fake birth certificate" rumors began almost immediately after the COLB was released online ( see above ).

the "de vattel/2 US citizen parents" theory was introduced in a court case by leo donofrio about one week before the election.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I Think if he was not born here the American people deserve to know,.....
what evidence would you accept for proof of birth?

Old 05-21-2012, 12:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
That's just not true. (polite way of saying "lie") In fact, "National Review" published an article in 2008 asking Senator Obama to produce his birth certificate. Perhaps you don't remember that cuckoo Orly Taitz who produced a fake birth certificate with "Republic of Kenya" on it. (Kenya wasn't a Republic in 1961) After being caught lying, she blamed everything on the "brownshirts" (referring to the MSM) The Gov of Hawaii was a Republican and he authenticated Obama's birth certificate. The hospital issued birth announcements and the 2 newspapers in which they appeared confirmed that they came from official hospital records, not from relatives of Obama. Even when Donald Trump started this ridiculous "movement" the President decided that dealing with serious issues like the economy, withdrawing troops from Iraq and killing Osama Bin Laden were more important, so he released the long form of his birth certificate, and all the crazies were temporarily silenced. Now, every time a Repubican wants to pander to the far right, he/she brings up the birth certificate conspiracy to plant that seed again. Yet every one of them will say "I never said he wasn't a Natural Born Citizen" or "I do believe he is a citizen," when asked face-to-face by a reporter, because they know it's a bunch of bullcrap. Bennett added "at least I hope he is."
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yes they did.

there were accusations that the COLB was a fake ( or that it wasn't an official birth certificate ) almost immediately after it was released online in june 2008.

check out the archive comments from the LA times article on the COLB release from june 16, 2008

[url=http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/06/obama-birth.html]Barack Obama's birth certificate revealed here - latimes.com[/url]
Absolutely! But they won't listen.
Sorry, I often reply to posts as I read them, so I hadn't read your comment before posting.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...she's an idiot too though. She'll play the extremist card and fan the flames come election time. She's been a pathetic governor. Thank God for the illegal alien issue so she can always have a fear card to play.
Yes, I agree (although I do not live in AZ) which is why I mentioned that even Brewer said the birther conspiracy is destructive. So the only way Gov Brewer can support Sec Bennett is to flip-flop and contradict her own words, which is why I pointed that bill out in my earlier post.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:41 PM

60 posts, read 127,815 times
Actually, I think this whole birther baloney is Andrew Sullivan's fault. The jerk started up rumors Trig Palin wasn't Sarah Palin's son and plenty of Democrats went along for the ride. This is just payback and every bit as much baloney as the rumors about Trig Palin.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoBald View Post
Actually, I think this whole birther baloney is Andrew Sullivan's fault. The jerk started up rumors Trig Palin wasn't Sarah Palin's son and plenty of Democrats went along for the ride. This is just payback and every bit as much baloney as the rumors about Trig Palin.

i agree that the trig rumors were baloney but they didn't start till after palin became the VP candidate which was nearly 6 months after the birther rumors had begun.

kinda difficult to have preemptive retaliation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies