Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 08:39 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
You know, the Republican denialism might be a bit more believable if they weren't constantly attacking women's rights, access to birth control, access to reproductive health care, or equal pay for equal work.
LoL. Them Repukes r gunna take yer vaginas!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 12:41 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I am a woman and have access to birth control, you see I don't have an issue paying for it. I've never had problems accessing healthcare and have always been paid fairly, actually I've been paid more than some men. I thankfully live in the U.S. where I am treated respectfully and have rights. I can be what I am willing to work for. The U.S. is the best country in the world for woman. Yes this is a great country for woman.. So stop the nonsense!

I would have thought woman were too smart to buy into the war on woman (democrat) card, obviously not. <ROLL EYES>
Lucky you. Unfortunately, millions of women aren't so luck and would love it if this was covered by insurance and the insurance companies agree. Yet, the GOP resists this tooth and nail and the only regulations the GOP seems to like is that on abortion clinics. It's obvious to anyone with eyes that the GOP opposes policies that help women.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:03 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Lucky you. Unfortunately, millions of women aren't so luck and would love it if this was covered by insurance and the insurance companies agree. Yet, the GOP resists this tooth and nail and the only regulations the GOP seems to like is that on abortion clinics. It's obvious to anyone with eyes that the GOP opposes policies that help women.
If they pay more then it is covered.

You see, in America, the level of insurance coverage you have is in direct relation to the amount of money you want to spend on it. I have very good health coverage, and I pay a large amount of money for it. Nothing is stopping women from purchasing health insurance that covers birth control.

Expecting people to pay for the services they receive is not a war, it is common sense.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:18 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,255,485 times
Quote:
It's obvious to anyone with eyes that the GOP opposes policies that help women.
No, it's obvious to biased, political eyes only. This entire debate over contraception is silly anyways because the argument is never that birth control should be illegal. It is about who should pay for it.

Regarding the pay issue - The liberal wing of the Democratic party continues to use outdated statistics ($0.77 for every $1 is over 20 years old and yet Obama just tweeted this out - again - yesterday) to make a point that they themselves have NO fixes for. That's right - the "Fair Pay Act" or whatever it was called in the Senate does nothing about erasing the x cents difference. Nothing. It is already a law that businesses cannot discriminate against you because of gender. If there are continued issues with that, then it is enforcement that needs to improved, not symbolic statements and silly press conferences or tweets. Yet the irony over this is twofold: (1) The White House itself follows the national standard on women getting paid less than men; and (2) enforcement of the law is directly the job of the Executive Branch. President Obama has done very well with his own pen and bully pulpit to institute unilateral changes to other laws (see the ACA). He can enforce current laws on the books to make sure that the salary issue is rectified. He won't, of course, because much like this nonsense on big oil subsidies, year in and year out, Republican or Democrat, the pattern continues.

I really have become very disillusioned with the Democratic Party over the last several years. Everyone to them fits in some label or box. Every time someone disagrees with a Democratic position, they are racist, ageist, sexist, homophobic, etc etc. It's almost nauseating.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Why don't the Dems talk about the REAL war on women that is happening in the Middle East and Muslim countries? They try to shut down the documentary,"Honor Diaries" on college campuses and not let a Muslim woman talk about being having her genitals mutilated and other women being killed and all the other atrocities happening to them.

Dems are silent and lib feminists look the other way. Shameful.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:55 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
I am a woman and now because of Obamacare my insurance policy costs more and even though I am paid more than some men my expenses increased. Obamacare is a war on women.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
This entire debate over contraception is silly anyways because the argument is never that birth control should be illegal. It is about who should pay for it.
Yes liberals want strong, self sufficient women to pay for weak dependent women's birth control along with their kids, and the food on their table, and their housing. To hell with the fact that someone else worked for the money.

This is a war on self sufficient independent women. Democrats are trying their damnedest to drag women down.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:59 PM

679 posts, read 614,863 times
Quote:
I am a woman and now because of Obamacare my insurance policy costs more and even though I am paid more than some men my expenses increased. Obamacare is a war on women.
If you can show that it systematically increased costs for women more than it did men then there might be a very valid argument to be said. But all this is a personal experience which has no real bearing when speaking of a national programs attitudes towards a gender. You might be able to say that Obamacare is a war on you, but that's somewhat doubtful as well. Fairly hard to prove just on the fact that your expenses increased.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
If you can show that it systematically increased costs for women more than it did men then there might be a very valid argument to be said. But all this is a personal experience which has no real bearing when speaking of a national programs attitudes towards a gender. You might be able to say that Obamacare is a war on you, but that's somewhat doubtful as well. Fairly hard to prove just on the fact that your expenses increased.
Ok got it, eborg (democrat) says my experience as a woman doesn't matter.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:11 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Ok got it, eborg (democrat) says my experience as a woman doesn't matter.
He is just correctly stating that Obamacare is a war on damn near everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies