Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 05:04 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,368,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
These Detroit gas station attacks appear to be almost commonplace. What a cesspool.
You're right, Detroit gas stations seem to be dangerous places.

Couple Robbed and Beaten at Detroit BP Gas Station

Quote:
"I said, 'How y'all black men doing?' And I guess he got offended, which I was apologizing to him," said Gerald Holloway.

I'm sorry was not good enough for a man, who immediately got in Holloway's face. Surveillance video captured it all.

Detroit gas station robbed - YouTube

Clerk shot during attempted robbery at gas station on Detroit's east side

Former DPD Chief Stanley Knox Robbed at Gunpoint

Guards at Detroit Gas Stations a Good Idea?

Elderly Vet Doing Well after Carjacking at Detroit Gas Station
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Car jacking in Detroit???? No way, I don't believe you!!!!
You acceptance of violent crimes committed by Blacks is troubling.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:09 PM

Oh well suspects have been caught.

Quote:
In a press release issued Thursday, Winans said the incident highlights the need for better parenting.

"We've got to do a better job raising our young men," Winans said. He added that if they "would have asked me for the money, I would have given it to them. "

"Our young people have to find their purpose in life. It has to be bigger than sitting in a gas station waiting to rob innocent people," he said.

From The Detroit News: Police: 3 in custody in Winans carjacking | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com
I agree the blame must be put on African-American parents for the disproportionate amount of criminality in the African-American community.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:32 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,817,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I agree the blame must be put on African-American parents for the disproportionate amount of criminality in the African-American community.
I think that the blame should be placed on white America because it was white America who disenfranchised the African Americans who moved to Detroit by changing from district voting to at large voting for council in order to eliminate the possibility of African Americans from gaining a seat for the district to which they were moving.

African Americans in Detroit were disenfranchised and abused by the system and were refused decent educations. The white people are at fault for all of it. They did it.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:04 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,589,501 times
Quote:
Where did the OP said they accepted it?

Old 05-18-2012, 06:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,851,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
I think that the blame should be placed on white America because it was white America who disenfranchised the African Americans who moved to Detroit by changing from district voting to at large voting for council in order to eliminate the possibility of African Americans from gaining a seat for the district to which they were moving.

African Americans in Detroit were disenfranchised and abused by the system and were refused decent educations. The white people are at fault for all of it. They did it.
I hope you're being sarcastic. Sheesh!

Old 05-18-2012, 06:36 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,817,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I hope you're being sarcastic. Sheesh!
Not a bit. I lived there and I've done extensive research on Detroit, and what white America did to African American Detroiters is absolutely despicable. It is so backwards that it took me years before I realized that having a fence that divides a white neighborhood and an African American neighborhood is strange.

Here's the skinny: the rich do as little for the lower classes as possible. The working class in Detroit got unionized and made some real money. However, the working class abandoned the African American community. You would expect that with all the money coming in that the schools would be nice. But the working class whites participated in the disenfranchisement of the African Americans, and left the African American district to rot; all these people who were from the South and not very smart in the first place because they were only two generation out of slavery, were then pushed into the sewer section of Detroit and were still not educated.

However, they were educated in police brutality, but when they resisted that education, white flight skyrocketed. The whites of Southeast Michigan gave African Americans a choice: be our punching bags, professional semen repositories, and drug consumers. In return, we'll give your criminals housing, your hookers money, and your druggies distraction. But, we'll never give you an education because our conservative whites don't care that much, and our liberal whites want you to be dependent.

And now America has no real workplace discrimination that protects those who make it through that filth? And who do you blame?

Last edited by The Homogenizer; 05-18-2012 at 06:49 PM..

Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,090,145 times
Quote:
Why does it have to be about race? I'm pretty sure ALL posters are against ALL violent crimes regardless of race.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:46 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,909,601 times
Quote:
Gospel singer, pastor Marvin Winans assaulted, carjacked in Detroit
I agree Pastor Winans many of your people have been reduced to savage behavior hopefully you can help address this issue.
Please specify who pastor Winan's savages are and how they have been "reduced" and by whom. That might contribute something. Your disdain is beyond rational - speaks of an agenda.
Too many posters know they don't have to be accountable for what they say, and so they take advantage of that. Gets old!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies