Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:40 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Lol you can't build a society on entertainment. Entertainment is a diversion from reality.

I have a question for you. Which city would you rather live in?

53% black
//www.city-data.com/city/Bloomf...nnecticut.html

90% white
//www.city-data.com/city/Portsmouth-Ohio.html

Check out the stats.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:41 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyn4321 View Post
I grew up on Long Island, NY. My hometown (well perhaps 10 years ago) could be described as a black middle class community. The neighborhood school district was drastically under-performing and eventually taken over by the state of NY.
So, your parents couldn't afford private school? How sad for you.

Its always the wannabes who have this need to "whitewash" themselves and demonize others.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:42 PM

18 posts, read 11,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
There I fixed it.

I shortened all the crap and got straight to the point of half your post on CD.

Have you ever been to a middle class black community where crime and poverty is not the norm?
Anytime a black person questions certain pathologies, we are quickly labeled as 'self haters.' I think this partly explains why the community issues will never be resolved.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:43 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
No, she said even the middle class Black school districts under perform and they certainly do. No one has listed one majority Black school district in this country that consistently performs at or better than a similarly majority white school district. Yet folks are screaming that what she is saying is not true. Bring some facts into the debate instead of emotion.

We have studies where whites on welfare outscore Blacks from homes making 6 figures.

You're completely hung up on school districts. School districts are not the only topic. I already gave you my opinion on why the schools are like they are, so I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it.

She also mentioned having help with carrying in her groceries, which apparently doesn't happen in a minority community. Why don't you want to discuss any of those points?

Old 05-20-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
Oh yeah it happens. When my parents finally had the money to move out of the hood, the stuff they went through will real estate agents was something else. They kept trying to show them neighborhoods that were worse than the one they came from. And also subliminally suggested they could not afford "certain neighborhoods" though they had the income to do so.
Back in the 60s and 70s, my parents told me that many of their (Black) friends who could afford the more affluent areas of LA would have to have their Jewish friends buy the home in the neighborhood that they wanted and then sell the house to them because the real estate agents (and the owners) would not sell to Blacks. And these were physicians and other professionals. Nat King Cole had to do the same when he wanted to by a home in LA's Hancock Park.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
No, the OP wants to live in a community where there are no minorities because she can't stand the sight of them.
Did you even read my original post? I do not care about race. I already stated that I have no interest in living in blighted white communities.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:46 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Side note: I have noticed that numerous real estate agents that post on C-D tend to have prejudiced opinions regarding race. Makes one wonder if they engage in "steering" and other similar activities in their practice of selling real estate.
I don't see any other real estate agents on here so I feel that is directed at me. By encouraging her to move where she feels it is safer, a better life and to a neighbor of her choosing is not steering. Steering is directing people to neighborhoods according to what color people are in order to try to keep neighborhoods from being diverse. Steering is a way to try to keep things segregated. Get your facts straight.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Anytime a black person questions certain pathologies, we are quickly labeled as 'self haters.' I think this partly explains why the community issues will never be resolved.
No, most of us understand the proper time, place and audience with which to have the discussion.

How is having that discussion with people who have no interest in the upward mobility of the African American underclass really being productive (beyond giving those who are already prejudiced an additional forum with which to vent their bigotry)?

Old 05-20-2012, 12:49 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,672 times
Quote:
Did you even read my original post? I do not care about race. I already stated that I have no interest in living in blighted white communities.

Yes, I read your original post.

"I refuse to set my sights on any community that is predominately Black and/or Latino."

That's what you said.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And if I said, hypothetically, "Yes, you are wrong", what bearing would that have on your feeling?
I would exchange dialogue with you, but I have to admit that my feelings are pretty strong, since my viewpoints are drawn from my actual experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies