Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 10:02 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times

Advertisements

We could start by closing down the departments of education, energy and commerce.

Small cuts but everything adds up.

We could also do away with "earned income credit" substituting it with a minimum tax rate of 5% on anyone earning anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 10:07 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times
Default Federal Employees Health Benefits Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well "world citizen" apparently you have no idea what the f you are talking about

government employees DO pay for PRIVATE insurance...just like any other worker

as a goverment employee my health insurance is through aetna...I can chose BCBS or GHI, or HIP, etc..I pay a premium EVERY pay period..I pay a deductable...I pay a copay...

and like EVERY other worker out there the company pays part of the premium...infact under obama care it is MANDATED tthat companies pay ATLEAST 75%
My, my... you are an angry one.

No one's arguing that you pay a small portion of your health insurance premium....

I even posted a link about the amount that the government picks up to help pay for your health insurance benefits. And apparently, according to the link I posted earlier, even part time government employees are covered (and their premiums are subsidized) under the government health benefits plan.

The government employees that I know are union, too.

Last edited by World Citizen; 05-20-2012 at 10:32 AM..

Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and like EVERY other worker out there the company pays part of the premium...infact under obama care it is MANDATED tthat companies pay ATLEAST 75%

Really? Then why do so many employers pay 0% of the premium?

Old 05-20-2012, 12:07 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
We could start by closing down the departments of education, energy and commerce.

We could start by closing down the departments of education, commerce, and, um...oops.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I wonder how much money we could save if we took away health insurance benefits from all government employees... including the senate, the house and even the Supreme Court Justices??

The people making our laws should have to pay for thier own private health insurance policies or do without health insurance like the rest of us.
What an idiotic statement.
You do know that federal employees pay for their health care just like every other employee.

2012 Federal Employees Health Benefits Program

Don't let facts bother you.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Darlin, what facts are you wanting me to correct?
Since you didn't provide anything other than your opinion, darlin, start with basic information.
I posted it above.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:45 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
My, my... you are an angry one.

No one's arguing that you pay a small portion of your health insurance premium....

I even posted a link about the amount that the government picks up to help pay for your health insurance benefits. And apparently, according to the link I posted earlier, even part time government employees are covered (and their premiums are subsidized) under the government health benefits plan.

The government employees that I know are union, too.
nope

not angry...just showing that you are barking up the wrong tree

1. temp and part time employees get ZERO benies...only term(more than 2 year) FULL time employees, and permantent FULL ttimers get bennie

2. most government emplyees are NOT union, and those that are , are in a NON barganing position

ALL companies that offer health care SUBSIDIZE...even those that work at Mcdonaslds..the company PAYS 3/4 of the premium

I pay 192 for the family plan EVERY pay period (every 2 weeks) thats 4,992 a year...my employees pays the other 3/4 of the premium (about 12k)...JUST LIKE EVERY one else, no matter what companie you work for

Old 05-20-2012, 12:46 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Really? Then why do so many employers pay 0% of the premium?
I have yet to see one employeer that offers insurance, that pays 0%....btw you do understand the theory of GROUP insurance

nearly every employeer pays between 60% to 100%

Old 05-20-2012, 12:50 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
I wonder how much money we could save if we took away health insurance benefits from all government employees... including the senate, the house and even the Supreme Court Justices??
Why is this something to wonder about?

Surely if you think this information is important, especially if you think it could balance the budget (hint: nobody knows what the hell you're talking about when you say "balance the economy"), you could do a tiny bit of research and tell us all the answer.

Then tell us how close your proposal would bring us to balancing the budget.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:59 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What an idiotic statement.
You do know that federal employees pay for their health care just like every other employee.

2012 Federal Employees Health Benefits Program

Don't let facts bother you.
Federal employees pay a small portion of their premium, the rest is paid for by the goverment. That's taxpayer money.

And, according to your link, the government pays a huge portion of the premium.

Quote:

Federal employees, retirees and survivors can choose coverage from the widest selection of health plans in the country.
  • Health
    Federal employees, retirees and survivors can choose coverage from the widest selection of health plans in the country.
  • Dental
    Eligible employees and annuitants can choose among 4 nationwide and 3 regional dental plans. Nationwide plans also offer international coverage.
  • Vision
    Eligible employees and annuitants can choose among 3 nationwide vision plans. Nationwide plans also offer international coverage.
  • Life
    We offer the largest group life insurance program in the world, covering employees, retirees and family members.
  • Flexible Spending Accounts
    Eligible employees can choose to enroll in up to three different flexible spending accounts during Open Season.
  • Long Term Care
    Most Federal and U.S. Postal Service employees and annuitants, active and retired members of the uniformed services, and their qualified relatives are eligible to apply for insurance coverage under the FLTCIP.
Policy makers and those in government would have a different opinion about health insurance issues if they were in the same boat as the rest of us.

Last edited by World Citizen; 05-20-2012 at 01:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies