Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 01:54 PM

496 posts, read 483,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Excuse me for vocalizing my dislike of the ignorance, bigotry, and hatred you and your ilk direct at me - it gets a little aggravating at times.

Today alone I've been called abnormal, sinful, deviant, and an abomination (I'm amazing I haven't been called a *** or a ***** yet - I usually see that on here a few times a days) - I've been told that I was molested even if I don't remember it, I've been told I'm suffering from a mental disorder, I've been told I chose to be gay, I've been branded a worthless drain on society, I've been told I harm society, I've been told I harm children and should never be allowed around them, I've been told that if I raised a child I couldn't do it right and it would result in kids with mental disorders...........

I consider that much worse than me calling out the people who say that stuff as what they are - ignorant, hateful, prejudiced bigots. If you consider hurling all that garbage at me simply a disagreement or a conflict in views, then why can't you simply consider the the stuff I hurl back a disagreement or a conflict in views?
The lifestyle is argued not the specific individual. That opens an entirely new kettle. Above is a change of topic due to specific individual

Old 05-22-2012, 01:57 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,733 times
Cheetos are not normal, regular or natural. CHEETOS ARE A THREAT TO SOCIETY! OUTLAW CHEETOS!

Old 05-22-2012, 02:02 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
The lifestyle is argued not the specific individual. That opens an entirely new kettle. Above is a change of topic due to specific individual
I consider "lifestyle" as something I could choose into. Why did you throw that word here?

Old 05-22-2012, 02:07 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Cheetos are not normal, regular or natural. CHEETOS ARE A THREAT TO SOCIETY! OUTLAW CHEETOS!
Left handed people are abnormal...They should all be put in a compound somewhere....

Old 05-22-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I consider "lifestyle" as something I could choose into. Why did you throw that word here?
Thats off topic as well...re OP

Old 05-22-2012, 02:13 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
Thats off topic as well...re OP
When did you realize that? In the last 17 minutes? Or less than that after getting questioned on it?

Old 05-22-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post

Hitler Loves Cheetos! - YouTube

Old 05-22-2012, 02:17 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I believe that adopted children are indeed better off in a same sex family, mainly because they are far more stable...

Same sex marriage has been legal in Denmark since 1989, 23 years.The divorce rate among Danish homosexuals is only 17 percent, compared to 46 percent for heterosexuals.
should probably tell the whole story.

The divorce rate of same-sex couples within 30 months of the introduction of legally binding civil partnerships was slightly less than one percent in the United Kingdom.[1]
A study on short-term same-sex registered partnerships in Norway and Sweden found that divorce rates were higher for same-sex couples than opposite-sex marriages, and that unions of lesbians are considerably less stable, or more dynamic, than unions of gay men.[2] The authors cited that this may be due to same-sex couples "non-involvement in joint parenthood", "lower exposure to normative pressure about the necessity of life-long unions" as well as differing motivations for getting married.[2] On the other hand, as of 1997, the same-sex partnership divorce rate was significantly lower than that of heterosexual couples in Denmark.

Divorce of same-sex couples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-22-2012, 02:19 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I believe that adopted children are indeed better off in a same sex family, mainly because they are far more stable...

Same sex marriage has been legal in Denmark since 1989, 23 years.The divorce rate among Danish homosexuals is only 17 percent, compared to 46 percent for heterosexuals.
I guess Denmarks society hasn't fallen apart in 23 years either. So that proves Peter-1 wrong on his assumption of a downward slide of society.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:22 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Homosexuality is becoming not only accepted, but even encouraged at times.
this is bogus. homosexuality is never encouraged. It is only encouraged that people learn to accept themselves as they are, and to ignore homophobes who often make up bogus statements based on their irrational fears.

Quote:
I understand that many with same-sex preferences have been through hell. Many have been sexually abused. Many have been struggled with their feelings & many have been treated badly for their aparent or actual sexual preferences.
I believe it's important to love everyone, no matter what their preferences. Loving someone means to want the best for them, even if it means telling them truth they don't want to hear.

Society's well being depends on the basic unit of society: family, which is based on marriage between a man and a woman.
Legal marriage is primarily for the benefit of society, especially the future of society: CHILDREN.
Children are created by a man and a woman.
Studies and common sense, show that children also thrive best by being raised by the 2 opposite sexes that created them (nature is wise).
Gay marriage denies the right for a child to have both a mother and father, & basically states, "Mothers aren't really important - 2 dads are ok, or Fathers aren't really important - 2 moms are ok." When this false!
Sexual abuse does not dictate sexual orientation. Society's well being depends on the basic unit of the "straight" family? This is ridiculous. Marriage between men and women has been treated frivolously for decades, with divorce, fornication, births out of wedlock, and adultery beyond epidemic proportions. Childrens lives have often been severely affected due to divorce, and abuse within the "straight" family. Nobody ever said "Mothers aren't really important" as you imply, it is only people like yourself, that enjoy inflaming the issue of same sex marriage. It is straight people who get divorced who deprive children of one parent, or the other. The point is, for many children, they will never know a loving family because of laws preventing gays from adopting.

Quote:
"Children Need Both A Mother And A Father" Dr. A. Dean Byrd
Children Need Both A Mother And A Father

"Why Children need both Mother-Love and Father-Love" Glenn T. Stanton
http://www.jashow.org/Articles/_PDFArch ... I0804G.pdf

"Mothers' and Fathers' Socializing Behaviors in Three Contexts: Links with Children's Peer Competence"
Pettit, Gregory S.; Brown, Elizabeth Glyn; Mize, Jacquelyn; Lindsey, Eric
http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/se ... o=EJ563106

"Why Children Need a Mother and a Father" Bill Muehlenberg
Why Children Need a Mother and a Father » Bill Muehlenberg’s CultureWatch
Nobody isn't denying that there is plenty of bias claims from people who have written books that have ignored the real facts. Same sex actually has nothing to do with children anyway. People can have children regardless of their orientation, and the truth of the matter is, the majority of same sex couples usually remain without children, and have plenty of neices and nephews.

Quote:
Another consideration is the health consequences of homosexual sex...Because statistically, homosexuals (both men and women) change partners more often and are less monogomous than heterosexuals, STDs and AIDS statistically are known to spread quickly among homosexuals, especially gay men...
CDC - Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Gay and Bisexual Men's Health
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/...nal508comp.pdf
We also know that anal sex is risky (for anal fissures, bacterial infection, colon rupture & anal cancer), even in 2 healthy males.
From this position you should be in favor of same sex marriage. It is the advocates of same sex marriage that are fully in favor of monogamy. In Europe, specifically northern Europe marriage between two men lasts longer than opposite sex marriage. Promiscuity, is usually a sign of oppression, and repression from society. When people are forced to live in hiding, and are prevented/ and discouraged from forming long lasting, loving relationships in society, this is what causes dysfuntional behavior such as promiscuity, which does exist withing the heterosexual community as well. Also, anal sex is not exclusive to two male partners, and is often not the preferred mode of sex for two men. Plenty of straight couples today engage in anal sex. Anal sex seems to be the biggest phobia homophobes have, and seem to like concentrating on it.

Quote:
Why would you want to legally place children with couples who engage in harmful behavior, when children learn most by imitation?
Homosexuality is not only harmful medically, but usually it is the product of psychological problems (except for rare instances ie hermaphrodites). We are born with brains that are only 25% developed, so that our brains can adapt to environmental influences & better survive.
Fortunately, it is this type of archaic beliefs that homophobes are having a tough time holding together. Two people of same sex do not engage in "harmful" behavior. Furthermore, straight relationships often involve the exploitation of women; women often do not want to engage in practices encouraged by their straight male partners.

Why is placing children with same sex couples an issue? Are you saying that placing children who are the biological offspring of either parent wrong? Or are you speaking of adoption, which is a different issue? Like other like yourself, you've gone to great lengths to rationalize and justify your own reasons (fabricated) for indifference and hate of homosexual people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul;24381580"
1. No research has found provable biological or genetic differences between heterosexuals & homosexuals that weren't caused by their behavior.
2. In 2 large studies conducted... Homosexuals overwhelmingly believed their feelings and behavior were the result of social or environmental influences.
3. Older homosexuals often approach the young
4. Early homosexual experiences influence adult patters of behavior
5. Sexual conduct is influenced by cultural factors - esp. religious convictions
6. Many change their sexual preferences
7. There are many ex-homosexuals"
There are no ex-homosexuals. Only homosexuals who have not been able to persevere with all the hatred provoked upon them. These people are often not well adjusted, and come out of the closet. Older homosexuals approach the young? Again, archaic b.s. Early homosexual experiences influence adult patterns of behavior? --this is more b.s. Homosexuals are gay for life. They are born that way. If you want to read conclusive evidence, you can check out the work of neuroscientist, Simon Le Vay. But, the reality is, that homophobic people want to believe, what they want to believe, regarless of the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies