Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 05:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Americans laughing at other Americans getting run over. What has this country come too.
The police said that the man went down beside the van and since he wasn't injured from being run over, I have to believe them. Now I know your boyfriend didn't like his mates but who knows just how honest he was with you.

I know how honest that rioter was about trying to "hold" that van back from seeing how hard she was straining in the video.

When one of them gets run over for being in the street after being told to get up on the sidewalk and being with someone who hit the driver in the head with something he deserves to be laughed at especially since he did one of the normal occupier lie down beside the vehicle and claim that it ran over you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Ironic?
It must be ironic since it sure isn't funny or truthful.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Yes. Have you ever lived in Chicago?

I don't care if the tires had been slashed or not. The officer is lucky worse didn't happen to him for endangering people's lives.

Can you not reason that slashed tires does not equate to the loss of live?
Gee you are so funny with what you are saying. Keep it up because some are having a real laugh at your crap.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:17 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The police said that the man went down beside the van and since he wasn't injured from being run over, I have to believe them. Now I know your boyfriend didn't like his mates but who knows just how honest he was with you.

I know how honest that rioter was about trying to "hold" that van back from seeing how hard she was straining in the video.

When one of them gets run over for being in the street after being told to get up on the sidewalk and being with someone who hit the driver in the head with something he deserves to be laughed at especially since he did one of the normal occupier lie down beside the vehicle and claim that it ran over you.
Not a boyfriend, just dated for an extended time. He liked his partners that he had (Not gay partners mind you, police partners). He wasn't a liar. If anything, I'd wish he'd lie more...or at least choose what he chose to disclose. As far as your blind trust in the police, are you suggesting that the police department isn't corrupt?

The news reporter in the video commented on the incident. Check out his reaction. That is, if you actually watched the video.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:24 PM

Posted the thought in another thread, but I'll repost.

What if citizens of the South and West sides had been part of the protest? What if there had been larger percentages of blacks and latinos, the lowest on the socio-economic pole, who decided to stand for a cause and call for an end to the wars.

Do you think police would be running over citizens from some of our worst neighborhoods? They're scared to drive through some of those areas. How would it impact their day to day activities.

America has already experienced bloodshed. Those who champion violence, whether from the police, or from the activist, should be called out on it and dealt with.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:25 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
The street is for cars, not gatherings.
This slamming OWS is a circus. Left Blah Right Blah.

Our country is owned by criminals!

No matter, if I wanted to play your game, I could show you Tea Party Protesters on the streets as well.

Tea Party protesters rally in Arizona

Quote:
Marchers make their way north on Broadway downtown during a march and rally for federal immigration reform and protest against Arizona's controversial immigration law, in Los Angeles on May 1, 2010. Dozens of marches took place across the country. UPI/Jim Ruymen
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/...#ixzz1veF8fj3C

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/...3641281968994/

Old 05-22-2012, 06:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
This slamming OWS is a circus. Left Blah Right Blah.

Our country is owned by criminals!

No matter, if I wanted to play your game, I could show you Tea Party Protesters on the streets as well.

Tea Party protesters rally in Arizona

Read more: Tea Party protesters rally in Arizona - UPI.com

Tea Party protesters rally in Arizona - UPI.com
Classic liberal deflection.

How much did the Tea Party protests cost the taxpayers in the way of additional law enforcement resources, property damage, arrests, etc.... compared to OWS? Was DHS conducting test fly-overs with F-15s, deploying from Blackhawk helecopters, and running an off-site operations center (DuPage College) with Tea Party protests?

No, OWS is NOTHING like the Tea Party protests (where permits were obtained and no people were raped nor property arsoned or LEOs attacked in the process.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:41 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I didn't see it anywhere:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

I'm skeptical at the story by both groups. Did these guys attack the van and that's why it drove through them? At the same time, the cop at the end said one person threw himself on the ground "near" the van, I clearly see at least three people in front of the van and possibly one underneath.
Ooops!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
I'm not a Liberal you jackass.
I am for an America that is about Freedom, Equality of Law, that applies to everyone, smaller government, and Capitalism.

Not this sick joke of a government we have that is fascist to the core.
With all the butt licking presidents we have had in the past 30 years.

If meteor landed on Washington Dc and Wall Street, it would be a day to break out the wine and celebrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Classic liberal deflection.

How much did the Tea Party protests cost the taxpayers in the way of additional law enforcement resources, property damage, arrests, etc.... compared to OWS? Was DHS conducting test fly-overs with F-15s, deploying from Blackhawk helecopters, and running an off-site operations center (DuPage College) with Tea Party protests?

No, OWS is NOTHING like the Tea Party protests (where permits were obtained and no people were raped nor property arsoned or LEOs attacked in the process.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:47 PM

There's a War Going on for your Mind - Flobots - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies