Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 11:12 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That is very sad, I am sorry it happened to you. You can find healing and the peace you seek though. Rachels vineyard ministeries helps thousands of women and men who have been affected by abortion and are hurting. You may already know about them but maybe others don't, so here is a link.

Rachel's Vineyard Ministries
Janelle, you are a sincere and kind soul. I was one of millions of selfish, young girls in my twenties. I was living at home with parents of upper-middle class status that would have loved to have given this precious life a home.

I was part of a clique of girls of which several had had abortions, one, Jerri had had three before I married and left Texas. Oh, we read that the pill could cause blood clotting issues, and had an excuse for every type of birth control, so! Abortion was our birth control as it was for countless girls in my high school, and for many of us for several years after HS.

Thank you, Janelle. I have forgiven myself and know that God has, too. I abhor what I did, and why I did it. I'm really at peace and what I experienced firsthand gives me reason to share it with others when I can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 11:14 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So, its ok with you that the mothers are getting fired from their jobs because they are pregnant?
Really?

No one said that and you know no one said that.

If you can't defend your position, it's probably because your position is indefensible.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:17 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Tell us Janelle.....where in the United States can a woman get an abortion at 9 months just because she feels like it?

Pro-lifers can't win the abortion debate with facts.....so they resort to making things up.

That's what I see in your little video.
That is not MY video. More than half of Americans are now against abortion but most pro-choice people do not want to see that.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:18 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
While the tape sounds bad, just like the Zimmerman case, we don't know what's going on for sure yet. You would think the county would know it's illegal to fire someone for being pregnant.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Janelle, you are a sincere and kind soul. I was one of millions of selfish, young girls in my twenties. I was living at home with parents of upper-middle class status that would have loved to have given this precious life a home.

I was part of a clique of girls of which several had had abortions, one, Jerri had had three before I married and left Texas. Oh, we read that the pill could cause blood clotting issues, and had an excuse for every type of birth control, so! Abortion was our birth control as it was for countless girls in my high school, and for many of us for several years after HS.

Thank you, Janelle. I have forgiven myself and know that God has, too. I abhor what I did, and why I did it. I'm really at peace and what I experienced firsthand gives me reason to share it with others when I can.

(((((((Sunnysee))))))))

Old 05-24-2012, 11:25 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
That is not MY video. More than half of Americans are now against abortion but most pro-choice people do not want to see that.
Most of the people in that video were OK with early term abortion.

It wasn't until someone told them that abortions were being done up to 9 months that they objected.

I would LOVE to hear everything that was said during those interviews.....especially how the interviewer framed the questions.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Most of the people in that video were OK with early term abortion.

It wasn't until someone told them that abortions were being done up to 9 months that they objected.

I would LOVE to hear everything that was said during those interviews.....especially how the interviewer framed the questions.
You can hear the question. Did you know a woman can get an abortion up to the moment of birth? You can't make that question anymore startling than it is.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
The Gestation I listed is the legal limit, per viability, in 38 states? I think it is and yes, they are. In some of those states the mother doesn't have to prove her life is endangered.

Let's talk about the fact that the babies in the womb are not given any anesthesia, but we are even for a simple tooth extraction. Yeah! let's face the fact that abortion is not just the killing, but the painful vacuuming off of arms and legs.

Fetuses do not even have the necessary hardware to detect pain before the 24th week.

If an abortion is necessary after the 24th week, I see no reason why anesthesia shouldn't be administered to the fetus.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
You can hear the question. Did you know a woman can get an abortion up to the moment of birth? You can't make that question anymore startling than it is.
Startling? More like deceptive.

You don't have a problem with how that question is worded? To make it sound like a woman can just waltz into a clinic and get an abortion at 9 months just because she feels like it?

Did the interviewer explain the circumstances under which late term abortions are performed off camera?

If not, the interviews are worthless, as the participants were given misleading information......deliberatley.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Fetuses do not even have the necessary hardware to detect pain before the 24th week.

If an abortion is necessary after the 24th week, I see no reason why anesthesia shouldn't be administered to the fetus.
I am not sure if that is right but I am sure they won't administer anesthesia since they would need to admit they are dealing with a real baby, a real person, a real life. No one hears the baby's cries so they don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies