Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:40 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie0224 View Post
Abortion is morally wrong."""

Maybe for YOU. YOUR morals aren't the law for everyone.

""" It is being done as an intervention to avoid death for the sick mother, it is acceptable."""

WHY? Abortion is abortion. And WHO are YOU to decide??????

"""" But when you have yourself an abortion just to get rid of the baby and to not have a responsibility and just to retain a job, better not make yourself pregnant right?
Uh, women don't make themselves pregnant.

And, since you have no knowledge of the history of the world or human nature, I'll explain......people have always had sex, will always have sex, have always had inconvenient pregnancies and abortion has been around since pregnancies have been around.

Don't like it? Well you go talk to whoever or what ever created humans as IMPERFECT beings and you complain!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 07:45 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Uh, women don't make themselves pregnant

Other than rape they have responsibility for their actions.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Other than rape they have responsibility for their actions.
Yes, they do and I never said otherwise so what was your point?

Many women are responsible and get abortions rather than bring an unwanted child into the world.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:58 AM

725 posts, read 1,499,844 times
Quote:
Yes, they do and I never said otherwise so what was your point?

Many women are responsible and get abortions rather than bring an unwanted child into the world.
What about the "unwanted" child's right to live? They get no say? I sure hope someone would give me the choice to live before murdering me.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
What about the "unwanted" child's right to live? They get no say? I sure hope someone would give me the choice to live before murdering me.

Nope, the fetus doesn't get a say...see, it can't think or talk...()

Don't like that in humans? Talk to the manufacturer who didn't make humans perfect.

A fetus can't think and has no knowledge of the world or it's condition....take the Disney/Hallmark fantasy and emotions to the TV Forum.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 AM

725 posts, read 1,499,844 times
Quote:
Nope, the fetus doesn't get a say...see, it can't think or talk...()

Don't like that in humans? Talk to the manufacturer who didn't make humans perfect.

A fetus can't think and has no knowledge of the world or it's condition....take the Disney/Hallmark fantasy and emotions to the TV Forum.
Death comes easy to you I guess... I choose to take death seriously.
My dogs can't talk or rationalize. Okay to kill them if they become inconvenient?

Old 05-24-2012, 08:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Janelle,
You pay for ED drugs.

You unsurprisingly quote only anti-choice sites.

You're against abortion and birth control.

How do you feel about Type 2 diabetes drugs? Against them, too?

Old 05-24-2012, 08:21 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post

Well then, by all means don't abort.
If you weren't born, how would you know?
You cannot make decisions for others.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:22 AM

1,187 posts, read 994,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Unless you are rich and do not need a job or poor and do not want a job, don't try to have kids. More and more employers are sending women home for being pregnant. Abortion should be the right option for working people.
Women Claim Secret Recording Shows They Were Fired For Being Pregnant - ABC News
This really isn't an "abortion" issue, this is a legal issue. It is completely 100% illegal to fire someone based on ANY medical issue, but most specifically based on pregnancy. She's got a good case! I hope the person who did this is fired.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Those of reproductive age taking the personal responsibility for their own contraception control would make abortion, the destruction of innocent human life, unneccesary.

The planned destruction of human fetuses in the womb for mere convenience rather than to save the life of the mother (immenent medical emergency) is disgusting and a complete moral failure on the part of society at large.
Abortion is disgusting and a one way ticket to hell, but it is the law. Probably the only legal activity that ensures damnation IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies