Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 03:56 PM

21,988 posts, read 15,608,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Stop the personal attacks. I am not a RWNJ and don't appreciate being referred to as one.
I didn't call you one.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:57 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,851,434 times
Quote:
Bottom line - Rubio was born to people who were allowed to be in the US, so he was not really an anchor baby
Nope, that does not nullify the fact that when he was born they were not American citizens, by your reasoning a baby born to two Mexicans is not an anchor baby if their parents become citizens later. You do know WHY they call them anchor babies don't ya? The Fact of the matter is, per the definition, Rubio is considered one and some would say he should not be next in line to the Whitehouse because of loyalty conflicts, Birthers bring that up all the time here with Obama and his father not being an American.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:07 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,097,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Look of the definition, it applies to all babies born to non-citizens while in the USA. You simply apply the term to only one group of non-citizens, meaning it is applied incorrectly.
If his parents were granted political asylum because they were fleeing Castro, then he wouldn't be a anchor baby. A anchor baby is somebody who's parents illegally comes to this country for the sole purpose of giving birth here in order for their kids to be citizens.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
If his parents were granted political asylum because they were fleeing Castro, then he wouldn't be a anchor baby. A anchor baby is somebody who's parents illegally comes to this country for the sole purpose of giving birth here in order for their kids to be citizens.
Rubio will have to prove it. And we will be calling any legally recognized records as false.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:13 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,392,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nope, that does not nullify the fact that when he was born they were not American citizens, by your reasoning a baby born to two Mexicans is not an anchor baby if their parents become citizens later. You do know WHY they call them anchor babies don't ya? The Fact of the matter is, per the definition, Rubio is considered one and some would say he should not be next in line to the Whitehouse because of loyalty conflicts, Birthers bring that up all the time here with Obama and his father not being an American.
Rubio's parents were legally allowed to be here permanently even if they weren't American citizens.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:13 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,097,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Rubio will have to prove it. And we will be calling any legally recognized records as false.
Who is we? Maybe Rubio and Obama can show their birth certificates at the same time.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Look, we don't even know if Rubio is going to be Romney's running mate or not (and I doubt he will be). That said, if Rubio is Romney's running mate, he wouldn't need to prove anything other than that he was born on American soil - and he was, which makes him a citizen.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Look, we don't even know if Rubio is going to be Romney's running mate or not (and I doubt he will be). That said, if Rubio is Romney's running mate, he wouldn't need to prove anything other than that he was born on American soil - and he was, which makes him a citizen.
Obama has proved it a thousand times. Doesn't seem to matter. The state of Hawaii have verified it about 100 times a month for the past three years. Doesn't seem to matter. There were notifications in the paper following Obama's birth. Still doesn't matter.

I will have no pity for the Rubios who love to point fingers but don't want to be the target themselves. It's incredibly ironic that states like Arizona have gone nuts for "show me your papers" laws and they would even consider Rubio as VP.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Obama has proved it a thousand times. Doesn't seem to matter. The state of Hawaii have verified it about 100 times a month for the past three years. Doesn't seem to matter. There were notifications in the paper following Obama's birth. Still doesn't matter.

I will have no pity for the Rubios who love to point fingers but don't want to be the target themselves. It's incredibly ironic that states like Arizona have gone nuts for "show me your papers" laws and they would even consider Rubio as VP.
I am not a birther. I think most of the birthers are pathetic racists.

And - BTW - Senator Rubio is not a birther.

Also, the birthers have already said they don't think Rubio is eligible to be VP.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:28 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,266,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
A new kind of Republican? | Power Players - Yahoo! News

Can we put to rest this foolish notion that the Republican party is only made up of Old rich white men. People like Mia Love(Black) marco Rubio(hispanic) and Bobby Jindal(Indian) represent a new generation of Republicans.
Can we put the rest the notion that this is going to attract a significant number of people to the Republican Party.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-22-2012 at 05:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies