Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:00 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,689,044 times

Advertisements

So, are the health concerns for gays and lesbians somehow different then the rest of us? Do the sex habits of gays adversely affect their health?

If you are a gay man, or a lesbian woman, what the hell is different about your health concerns then mine, my wife's or my adult children?

(CNSNews.com) – Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said the government is working on including more questions about the health concerns of the LGBT community. The National Health Survey questions will be in multiple languages to “drill down on what are the specific health needs around the LGBT community.”

Sebelius: 'Add LGBT Questions to Our National Health Surveys ... In Multiple Languages' | CNSNews.com

I could see the particular problems that arise with the surgically and medically altered transgendered crowd, but how does a gay man's health concerns differ then any other man's? Unless gay, male sex is unhealthy.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:12 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,031,892 times
-pulls up a chair-

Old 05-23-2012, 09:15 AM

749 posts, read 839,408 times
What a horrendous rash of crap!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
What a horrendous rash of crap!
How so?

Do you mean it's time, effort and taxpayer money wasted on much ado about nothing, or is this the Obama admin pandering again?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:41 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,702,004 times
They already focus on other communities like blacks and hispanics. I've seen plenty of ads on the Metro in DC that say things like "Black men are more likely to get diabetes, go here for more info" or something like that.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:04 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,641,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So, are the health concerns for gays and lesbians somehow different then the rest of us? Do the sex habits of gays adversely affect their health?

If you are a gay man, or a lesbian woman, what the hell is different about your health concerns then mine, my wife's or my adult children?

(CNSNews.com) – Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said the government is working on including more questions about the health concerns of the LGBT community. The National Health Survey questions will be in multiple languages to “drill down on what are the specific health needs around the LGBT community.”

Sebelius: 'Add LGBT Questions to Our National Health Surveys ... In Multiple Languages' | CNSNews.com

I could see the particular problems that arise with the surgically and medically altered transgendered crowd, but how does a gay man's health concerns differ then any other man's? Unless gay, male sex is unhealthy.
Well, stats show H1V is much higher for male same sex partners and doctors tell us that anal sex is more dangerous so I imagine its due to that. Although, some gays want to deny it. Can't have it both ways. Which is it? Why are we making special accommodations/spending more money on this group?

Old 05-23-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
They already focus on other communities like blacks and hispanics. I've seen plenty of ads on the Metro in DC that say things like "Black men are more likely to get diabetes, go here for more info" or something like that.
So does a black man's chances of getting heart disease go up if he engages in mutual masturbation sessions with another man? Just asking.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Well, stats show H1V is much higher for male same sex partners and doctors tell us that anal sex is more dangerous so I imagine its due to that. Although, some gays want to deny it. Can't have it both ways. Which is it? Why are we making special accommodations/spending more money on this group?
Hmm, so should we tax people more who engage in anal sex like we tax cigarette smokers? I can just see the PSA on the TV now, "gay anal sex tax to fund children's health" sort of like the way the cigarette taxes fund them now.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,702,004 times
Quote:
So does a black man's chances of getting heart disease go up if he engages in mutual masturbation sessions with another man? Just asking.
Uhm what does that have to do with anything?

HHS' mission if I'm not mistaken is to promote the health of Americans. Different communities have different needs. They ask community-specific questions to understand community-specific needs.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 AM

59,198 posts, read 27,388,280 times
Quote:
Hmm, so should we tax people more who engage in anal sex like we tax cigarette smokers? I can just see the PSA on the TV now, "gay anal sex tax to fund children's health" sort of like the way the cigarette taxes fund them now.
Why should health insurance be different then life insurance?

If you engage in "dangerous" activity, you pay more, like smoking or stunt men/women, or racing of any type, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies