Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:42 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
That would almost be impossible, as gays are in the fabric design industry, as well as pattern making.
Thats why I suggested the fig leaf, as thats about the only recourse that poster is going to have if they are really serious about boycotting, which of course, is tilting at windmills.
One could very well order no-print solid color fabrics from the factory... and I did say that the theoretical person would have to make their own patterns. Almost all current fashion (patterns or finished product) is either made by or influenced by people whom are not heterosexual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 09:44 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Don't bother. You won't change my position.
Yeah, your position is that you will boycott companies that promote the gay agenda.

Since so many companies direct advertise to the LGBT community with ads tailored to that audience, you need to get your little "I heart Jesus" pencil out and start making a list of alllll the things you are going to boycott now that you've decided to "take a stand against the gay agenda."

So, do you want help compiling your list or not?

But, the fact is you probably NEVER shopped at Gap. Or Old Navy, and lord knows Banana Republic is certainly not on your (or many other "conservative" radar).

Frankly, GAP's brand was getting stale. I could walk in a store and not want a single thing. But, the past couple of seasons they've ramped up the design and are exploding in emerging markets overseas. Like it or not, it's the quintessential American casual brand. The product is much better now. Anyone who thinks GAP clothes are "expensive" must enjoy buying their clothes at Wal Mart!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:44 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
It is going to be very difficult to boycott all of the gay friendly companies...you people will probably have to start living off of the land, making your own clothes, refining your own oil, building and driving your own cars, building and flying your own planes, etc.

I will save you all some trouble, here is a link to a searchable data base of gay friendly and unfriendly companies: Buyer's Guide

Old 05-24-2012, 09:46 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
This discussion is about the GAP. I will boycott as I please whether you like it, agree, disagree or not.

I find the advertisement offensive and repulsive. Don’t like it, TOO BAD!

Nobody cares if you find it "offensive" and "repulsive." Your neuroses are your own issues to work through.

Just like nobody cares if 300 angry, bored and most likely ignored by their husbands midwestern "moms" who could probably never fit in anything outside of Lane Bryant's "extended size" catalogue anyway decide they're going to Boycott GAP!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
It is going to be very difficult to boycott all of the gay friendly companies...you people will probably have to start living off of the land, making your own clothes, refining your own oil, building and driving your own cars, building and flying your own planes, etc.

I will save you all some trouble, here is a link to a searchable data base of gay friendly and unfriendly companies: Buyer's Guide
I like this one too.
buyEquality - gay friendly business directory of companies that support LGBT Equality - Clothing

Old 05-24-2012, 09:54 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
I think the ad is kinda strange, but nothin compared to "One Million Moms". How the hell do they find the time to do any actual parenting, that's what I'd like to know!

Indeed, their very name is a lie. It's no surprise they stand for a lie (That homosexuality is something to shield the rest of society from). They're not One Million. And they're not Moms. Not by any reasonable standard, anyway.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:10 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
I saw the advert this morning on an electronic billboard in a not very gay part of town on busy Santa Monica Boulevard (not the gay part) in West Los Angeles.

It looked stupid. "Be Bright, Be One" doesn't speak to me - the tagline is something I'd think of for the holidays. What's it supposed to convey? The ad looks gay.

I guess the gays love it because they can see themselves reflected in the advert.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:11 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Nobody cares if you find it "offensive" and "repulsive."
Then why did you bother replying? It obviously bothers and infuriates you and others that everybody is NOT on board with the homosexual agenda or as excited and enthused about homosexuality as you are.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:12 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Then why did you bother replying? It obviously bothers and infuriates you and others that everybody is NOT on board with the homosexual agenda or as excited and enthused about homosexuality as you are.

Actually, we honestly don't care.

We just find the futility of people boycotting everything that supports the meanie gay agenda quite hilarious.

As research shows, nearly every company in America supports the gay agenda.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Actually, we honestly don't care.

We just find the futility of people boycotting everything that supports the meanie gay agenda quite hilarious.

As research shows, nearly every company in America supports the gay agenda.
You said it. The gays have an agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies