Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 11:23 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Most of the women who become pregnant had the oppurtunity to prevent the pregnancy in some fashion. If the baby is unwanted, then why conceive in the first place?
Don't women need men to get pregnant???

I am by no stretch of the imagination a feminist, but even I'm not going to put the responsibility solely on women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 11:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Don't women need men to get pregnant???

I am by no stretch of the imagination a feminist, but even I'm not going to put the responsibility solely on women.
Yes they do. Why would you assume I was putting the blame solely on women? It takes two to make a baby. Are you insinuating that the women isn't responsible?

Old 05-29-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Yes they do. Why would you assume I was putting the blame solely on women? It takes two to make a baby. Are you insinuating that the women isn't responsible?
Because you "blamed" women and not men for unwanted pregnancies.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:29 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Most of the women who become pregnant had the oppurtunity to prevent the pregnancy in some fashion. If the baby is unwanted, then why conceive in the first place?
Read my last post.

BC fails. Precautions CAN be taken but those precautions fail.

I would rather jump off a cliff head first into a shallow river than have a child, much less carry one. I am married. We use protection, double to be exact. But if that fails and Plan B doesnt work you can bet your sweet tuckus I would remedy the situation, and quick.I am too young for them to 'fix' me. Ive been trying to convince my doctor since I was 18.

Now what would you suppose I do? Hmm? Tell me your 'enlightened' advice.

NOT screwing my husband is SOOO not an option. I'll keep my marriage healthy, and my sanity thank you.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Because you "blamed" women and not men for unwanted pregnancies.
Men usually aren't the ones advocating for abortion.

You havn't answered my question. Do women have any responisbility for their pregnancies?

Old 05-29-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Men usually aren't the ones advocating for abortion.
Probably because men can't have abortions.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Read my last post.

BC fails. Precautions CAN be taken but those precautions fail.

I would rather jump off a cliff head first into a shallow river than have a child, much less carry one. I am married. We use protection, double to be exact. But if that fails and Plan B doesnt work you can bet your sweet tuckus I would remedy the situation, and quick.I am too young for them to 'fix' me. Ive been trying to convince my doctor since I was 18.

Now what would you suppose I do? Hmm? Tell me your 'enlightened' advice.

NOT screwing my husband is SOOO not an option. I'll keep my marriage healthy, and my sanity thank you.
Having sex comes with consequences. One of those potential consequences is that a woman might become pregnant. If you or your husband can't handle the responsibility that comes with being sexually active - then DON'T HAVE SEX!

Old 05-29-2012, 11:32 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Cold Diamond - you are unwanted - I don't want you in this world. Here - let me squeeze your brain out. Goodbye - you have just been aborted.
We're no longer discussing the subject of the thread here, are we? Are you able to form a thought without attacking a fellow poster?

Old 05-29-2012, 11:33 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
If the internal conditions aren't exactly right, or if the chromosomes didn't line up perfectly, abortion happens anyways. Why is it ok if my body rejects the fetus because I had a cup of coffee or I have a fever that day? But its not ok if I cant financially support a child?

Old 05-29-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Probably because men can't have abortions.
You still havn't answered my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies