Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 02:27 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,911,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Who cares? This isn't about what it'll become, its about what it is inside the woman.

If everything is about ifs, then what if god allowed abortions in the bible and was only said to not allow it, because women hating neanderthals who was translating it said that women were inferior to men, would you still be up in arms?
You are conveniently forgetting that there is no "if" about what we are discussing. A human fetus left alone and that does not naturally destroy itself WILL become a certain thing. The fact that you refuse to state what that thing is speaks volumes about why you are using semantics to avoid confronting a very uncomfortable truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:

anyone who thinks that they can force a woman to have a baby that they do not want.
Do women who think this way hate themselves?

Also - no is advocating to force women to have babies that they do not want. If they do not want the baby - it can be adopted. Also - if a woman does not want a baby - she and her mate can use BC, schedule their intimate moments, or abstain from sex. There are options besides killing human life.

Last edited by Harrier; 05-30-2012 at 02:57 AM..

Old 05-30-2012, 02:32 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,250,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are conveniently forgetting that there is no "if" about what we are discussing.
Yes we are. A fetus is a potential life. Its an "if" until 9 monhts later, when its born and breathing on its own.

Quote:
A human fetus left alone and that does not naturally destroy itself WILL become a certain thing.
And a woman can let that happen or not. That's why we have that choice. SOMETHING you constantly ignore.

We have the right to choose to have the fetus to reside in us or not. Until then, it has no choice in the matter.

Quote:
The fact that you refuse to state what that thing is speaks volumes about why you are using semantics to avoid confronting a very uncomfortable truth.
funny, I've stated numerous times what a fetus is (and I even had to define it for you, because you've demonstrated over and over gain that you don't know what a fetus is)

Old 05-30-2012, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Yes we are. A fetus is a potential life. Its an "if" until 9 monhts later, when its born and breathing on its own.
You know full well that I defined exactly what I was talking about in the next sentence. Separating my posts is another form of deflection.
Quote:
And a woman can let that happen or not. That's why we have that choice. SOMETHING you constantly ignore.
I do not ignore it - and you are absolutely right - 99% of the time a woman does have a choice to help create a life - if she chooses to do so - she should not get to kill that life because it is inconvenient to finish what she helped start.
Quote:
I've stated numerous times what a fetus is (and I even had to define it for you, because you've demonstrated over and over gain that you don't know what a fetus is)
Once again - you are ignoring my question. What does that fetus become if left alone provided that it does not naturally destroy itself. I will give you a hint - it has two words and the first starts with "h" and the second one starts with "b".

Last edited by Harrier; 05-30-2012 at 02:58 AM..

Old 05-30-2012, 03:00 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,250,971 times
Quote:
You know full well that I defined exactly what I was talking about in the next sentence. Separating my posts is another form of deflections.
I am replying to direct sentences as I see them to understand. I didn't see any correlation with your first to your second sentence.

And you still ignore. until its born, it will always be an "if". Because even at moment of birth, a "baby" could be stillborn (you know, born dead). You can take your if its allowed to remain, what will it become, crap and shove it where the sun don't shine. Because you've shown that you have not once taken the taske to see how dumb your position is.

"if" -- well what "if" it is stillborn?

By the way, I knew of a woman during my pre-med days , whose fetus "died" in her womb at 7 months into her pregnancy (umblical cord wrapped around the fetus neck). They had to do a Cesarian to remove the dead fetus. In every instance, the mother to be and the doctors never referred to it as a baby, but a fetus.

and you go on ignoring what a fetus is. I don't care what it happens to it 9 months later when its out of the mother's womb (at that time, if anyone decides to "kill" it, then it would be murder). What matters to a woman is WHAT IT is to her at the time she makes her choice to keep the fetus or not.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:11 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,308,142 times
Quote:
You are conveniently forgetting that there is no "if" about what we are discussing. A human fetus left alone and that does not naturally destroy itself WILL become a certain thing. The fact that you refuse to state what that thing is speaks volumes about why you are using semantics to avoid confronting a very uncomfortable truth.
No, they won't. Many fetuses are miscarried, have severe health issues that will shorten their life to minutes that will also risk the mothers health.

Don't like abortions, fine, don't get one. Quit legislating your morality on everyone.

As I pointed out in this thread earlier, this is a bogus thread. If you read the Gallup pole posted, it clearly shows that 80% of Americans believe that abortion should be legal.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:12 AM

7,641 posts, read 18,061,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Are you insinuating that in the 1950s, the only people having sex were wedded willing potential parents? Cray-cray.
No. But at least people then realized that sex is procreative, not only recreative.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,889,463 times
The thing about rights is that it is not up to popular vote. That's what "inalienable" means. Courts have declared that it is a women's right to have an abortion before a certain fetus age. Whether everyone but here disagrees doesn't diminish her right in the slightest.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,086,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
No. But at least people then realized that sex is procreative, not only recreative.
Only in the fifties?!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Thousands of years humans have inhabited the earth but only in the 1950's did they know that sex resulted in pregnancy!

LOLOLO

Thanks for the morning chuckle!!

Old 05-30-2012, 08:32 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,124,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The thing about rights is that it is not up to popular vote. That's what "inalienable" means. Courts have declared that it is a women's right to have an abortion before a certain fetus age. Whether everyone but here disagrees doesn't diminish her right in the slightest.
The courts were horribly wrong and that murderous decision must be overturned to stop the slaughter of innocents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies