Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 04:26 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times

Advertisements

When you read the actual survey questions, this is what you'll learn:
  • 20% believed abortion should be illegal. Just 20%. I'm surprised by the small number.
  • 52% believed abortion should be legal under certain circumstances. That's about where I thought people would be.
The results are almost identical to a survey taken in July 2011.

Me? I'm opposed to abortion except to protect the life of the Mother, and in instances where the pregnancy is the result of rape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 04:52 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Yes, this poll is far from Earth-shattering, regardless of what the OP wants it to be.

In addition, I know someone who used to work at an abortion clinic. One night, one of the anti-abortion people -- one that you see on TV, snuck into the clinic with his daughter that got knocked up. These people are hypocrites, regardless of their rhetoric.

I personally am against abortion, except in those cases when the woman is pregnant.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:48 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
By 9 points, that is - 50%-41%. Stunning.

"Pro-Choice" Americans at Record-Low 41%

Oh dear, this is NOT good for the abortionists and their supporters...not good at all.

How did this happen? Could it be all those RED states requiring ultrasounds and alternatives to abortions?

By 51%-38%, Americans find abortion morally wrong.

Just because your pro choice does not mean you are pro abortion. Personally, I don't think I could have one but I would never deny that choice to other women. That's why it's called pro choice. I don't want us going backwards to back alley abortions. What exactly would that accomplish.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:50 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
When you read the actual survey questions, this is what you'll learn:
  • 20% believed abortion should be illegal. Just 20%. I'm surprised by the small number.
  • 52% believed abortion should be legal under certain circumstances. That's about where I thought people would be.
The results are almost identical to a survey taken in July 2011.

Me? I'm opposed to abortion except to protect the life of the Mother, and in instances where the pregnancy is the result of rape.
""""" I'm opposed to abortion except to protect the life of the Mother, and in instances where the pregnancy is the result of rape""""

WHY?

Abortion is abortion.

What YOU want is for the woman who enjoyed the sex be punished....if she didn't enjoy it then YOU think "murdering a baby" is fine.

HYPOCRITICAL.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yes, this poll is far from Earth-shattering, regardless of what the OP wants it to be.

Sorry, but it's Gallup that thinks it's "earth-shattering" news, which is why they say the pro-abortion crown is at a record low in this country.

In addition, I know someone who used to work at an abortion clinic. One night, one of the anti-abortion people -- one that you see on TV, snuck into the clinic with his daughter that got knocked up. These people are hypocrites, regardless of their rhetoric.

Yeah, sure.

I personally am against abortion, except in those cases when the woman is pregnant.
That's right where most leftists reside - abortion on demand, for any reason, at any time.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:00 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
This should not be a surprise.

Of course most pro-abortion types have their children killed and the pro-life types allow their children to survive. And what do it mean to a child growing up knowing their his/her own mother would just as soon have had him or her exterminated. It's got to affect a child knowing their own mother would do something like that.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

I know a number of people who used to work at abortion clinics who became quite anti-abortion -- as a result.

The callous disregard for human life itself in those places. The greed and the carnage.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:49 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This should not be a surprise.

Of course most pro-abortion types have their children killed and the pro-life types allow their children to survive. And what do it mean to a child growing up knowing their his/her own mother would just as soon have had him or her exterminated. It's got to affect a child knowing their own mother would do something like that.
My mother almost aborted me. Her sister (who has had four abortions) even accompanied her to the clinic. They ended up leaving during the waiting period though. I 100% support her right to do what she wishes with her body. Doesn't effect my mindset one bit.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:05 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
It might be wishful thinking about the ultrasounds since they were already used anyway (that whole deal was such a farce). Perhaps it was the way the poll was worded? Or perhaps people see don't like to see abortions used as birth control? Maybe they think of late term abortions? Or, maybe they are shifting to value a human life more? No one likes abortion. I don't have the answer. One thing I do know is that women will never ever go back to the day when they could not get abortions at all. That was so wrong. In a perfect world, it should be between a woman and her doc. Too bad it got so messed up. (not that it makes any difference, but I am a Republican btw).
If ultrasounds were already being used anyway, why did Republicans waste taxpayer's dollars trying to pass legislation to make it mandatory?

Wouldn't that time have been better spent passing economic legislation.....any legislation........ that was actually needed?

So much for fiscal responsibility.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Doesn't matter. Abortion on demand will always be legal in this country. The opinion of the majority cannot be used to strip someone of their legal rights. Not in this country at least.

Keep in mind that making abortion illegal DOESN'T prevent abortions from happening! It only forces it underground where the practice becomes far more dangerous.

Abortion in Latin America - Still Illegal, Still Killing, Despite Growing Awareness

Argentina has just as many abortions every year as births, despite the illegal access to a safe abortion. Latin America has the highest rate of abortions in the world despite the practice being illegal across the region. The country with the lowest rate of abortion in Latin America is Cuba, where the practice has been legal since 1965!
I have posted these stats many times.

Pro-lifers never have anything to say about it.

I wonder why?

{Hence the war on women......they know they can't stop abortion......but if women are forced into back alleys.....they will have the satisfaction of knowing those women are being punished.}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies