Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 03:35 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
What do you propose as a solution? Should Muslims be banned from entering certain countries? Should the Muslims already living there be loaded on trains and sent to camps? Would it be enough just to strip away their voting rights if they dare live in a democratic country?
I would say their "religion" is more of a cult. It's their way of life and it compels every move in their lives. They are absolutely intolerant of other cultures and religions. How can you think they are a good fit for the western world unless you just don't value freedom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 03:36 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
I saw the picture and I didn't see any hijabs. Muslim women who don't cover their hair and - the lady in the back row, exposing way more flesh than what her faith would condone (or good taste for that matter, but I digress).

They aren't Muslim. They are just pretenders.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-23-2012, 03:39 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Don't christians do that, too?
Or is it only muslims?
What about other religions?

How about no one of any religion can immigrate to the US.
Would that work for you?
Hold on there; didn't say anything about it being a negative did I?

My post was in response to others posting that this wouldn't happen in the U.S. (Muslims being elected to inner circle) and someone posting that there were no muslims in the U.S.

Yes, there are other religious enclaves or even states as in Utah/Mormons for example.

Far too much is made of this religious stuff and whose religion is alrighty while another isn't alrighty. How many centuries and stupid wars must we tolerate before we've had enough of these religious zealots of all stripes ruining what otherwise would be a very wonderful planet to live on?

Old 05-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I would say their "religion" is more of a cult. It's their way of life and it compels every move in their lives. They are absolutely intolerant of other cultures and religions. How can you think they are a good fit for the western world unless you just don't value freedom?
Back to my original question, what are you proposing as a solution? What actions do you think should be taken to keep Muslims from living in countries for which you think they are not a good fit? Should the US Constitution be amended to include an exemption from 1st Amendment protections for Islam? What would you do if you were in charge?

Old 05-23-2012, 04:03 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,604,630 times
This is the French cabinet.

28 Whites (this also include one minister with a muslim north african grand father, but he is not muslim)
3 North african "muslims".
3 Blacks (one is mixed race)
1 Asian

I don't see where is the controversy, there are many french people who are muslims, I don't see why they couldn't be in the goverment.
It is like arguing that the American Cabinet should not have black people.

PS: I find funny that people only speak of muslims when they spoke of the diversity in France because in reality there are plenty non muslims minority in France.
France has the largest black population in Europe, a large part of the black population is christian.
An other thing, the muslim population in France is pretty secular.
They pray in the mosque less often than American christian go in the church.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:45 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
I wonder why Americans who aren't French citizens and who've never been to France are so concerned who's in France's Cabinet.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I wonder why Americans who aren't French citizens and who've never been to France are so concerned who's in France's Cabinet.
They don't care about France or their Cabinet. Some Americans have gone absolutely insane with their anti-Muslim bigotry. This story played right into their bedwetting fantasy of a worldwide Caliphate taking complete control of the galaxy.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:51 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Back to my original question, what are you proposing as a solution? What actions do you think should be taken to keep Muslims from living in countries for which you think they are not a good fit? Should the US Constitution be amended to include an exemption from 1st Amendment protections for Islam? What would you do if you were in charge?
I guess if I were a lawyer I would challenge the legitimacy of Islam as a religion recognized by the US and protected under it's constitution.

An organization that subjugates women, encourages hatred against homosexuals and Jews--as a loyal democrat and a patriot I would do everything in my power to keep an organization like that out of my country.

Now I'm a Democrat, but I'm not a liberal. Not even close. This is going to get really interesting to see liberals try to take a stand on Muslims and their behavior.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:52 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Stupid is as stupid does. Islamists everywhere are laughing their heads off. So to speak...

Old 05-24-2012, 01:36 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,586,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Now I'm a Democrat, but I'm not a liberal. Not even close. This is going to get really interesting to see liberals try to take a stand on Muslims and their behavior.
Don't bet on it. To them Muslims can't do no wrong. Christians are the one who cause all the trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies