Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:03 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
My point is that hard liners never see the flaw of their own party. Never hold their own accountable and thus own why this country is in such sad shape. My party wrong or right types.
You have yet to admit any wrong on the left. Why is this?
The talking points from right or left are equally interchangable and yet niether can see it.

I've voted Republican from 1972 to 2000. I've voted Democratic once.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Lefties are not the ones full of hate as judging by your video.
What part of the video was hateful?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Judging from your pointless response, the point was what you utterly failed to grasp.
Oh I fully grasped the typical "I hate Right Wingers" response which is just the standard reply from you that it no longer needs a respone with a point.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:08 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
It's a bit amusing to see people accuse others of contributing nothing to the thread, as if they think reposting a video yet again and offering zero commentary whatsoever on it is somehow contributing something to the forum.

It'd be awesome if CD stopped allowing post and run threads in which the OP contributes nothing to the discussion.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:08 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I've voted Republican from 1972 to 2000. I've voted Democratic once.
Sure you did and its obvious in your posts. So lets hear some faults about the left? You know the typical left wing heros from the left wing hero coloring book.
John Kerry
Nancy Palosi
Reid
gasp president Obama
Joe the idiot Biden
me I am an equal opprotunity hammer. I seldom if ever vote for an encumbant and never twice. I don't care what party they call their own. I care about performance.
We have not had a house or senate worth a damn since Bill Clinton was the man.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:18 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,625 times
Well all the name calling and finger pointing in just the first two pages says a hell of a lot. That's a BIG FAT FAIL right there. Children, children, children. And the same goes for the White House. It should be called the Whine House. A bunch of babies down there throwing words around. Laying blame. Instead of actually doing something. And right here most everyone seems to be going along with it. Have fun with yourselves. Their really seems to be a serious lack of maturity on this forum. Not to mention this country. Nevermind the world. It would be quite obvious to someone with ANY sense as to why this country is FAILING. Hell, when Charlie Sheen was whacked out and said 'WINNING'!, he was doing better than 'us'. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

One more thing. This is basically the same as placing oneself in a nut house and then wondering why they're crazy. Well... see... I stopped doing that. Here in the P & OC section I normally just browse to see what's 'brewing' anymore. Today is the same as any other day... nothing 'brewing'. The only difference today is I'm actually smiling through all the ignorance.

Have a beautiful day.

Last edited by shroombeanie; 05-23-2012 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: one more thing...

Old 05-23-2012, 09:22 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Quote:
It is failing and not because of the Dems or the GOP but because we the people allow ourselves to be sheeple. We allow ourselves to act like political groupies who adore our superstar politicians. We the people who refuse to hold our politicians accountable for their many misdeeds and lies.
We the people are at fault. When hardliners start to be as critical of their own party as they are of the other side there will be hope. Never going to happen.
^ This.
Everyone wants to be "right" and on "the winning team" so bad that they completely ignore the travesties commited by the party they associate with and just constantly attack the other side. Listening to the talking heads on Mega Corp Media do the same exact thing does NOBODY any favors.

Where were Republicans when Bush was on a spending spree and eroding our civil liberties by passing The "Patriot" Act? SILENT
Where are Democrats now that Obama is continuing Bush's war-mongering policies, passing NDAA and expanding the Wall Street/Federal Reserve Banking cartel? SILENT

Both the D Team and R Team are the same and nobody is willing to hold them accountable because of personal pride.
Get over it already, both parties suck and they will continue to so long as Americans are content with attacking and deflecting instead of uniting and holding ALL politicians accountable.

As Santigold sings on her new album, "We're the keepers, as we sleep in America, our house in burning down, our house is burning down"

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 05-23-2012 at 09:46 AM..

Old 05-23-2012, 10:14 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
^ This.
Everyone wants to be "right" and on "the winning team" so bad that they completely ignore the travesties commited by the party they associate with and just constantly attack the other side. Listening to the talking heads on Mega Corp Media do the same exact thing does NOBODY any favors.

Where were Republicans when Bush was on a spending spree and eroding our civil liberties by passing The "Patriot" Act? SILENT
Where are Democrats now that Obama is continuing Bush's war-mongering policies, passing NDAA and expanding the Wall Street/Federal Reserve Banking cartel? SILENT

Both the D Team and R Team are the same and nobody is willing to hold them accountable because of personal pride.
Get over it already, both parties suck and they will continue to so long as Americans are content with attacking and deflecting instead of uniting and holding ALL politicians accountable.

As Santigold sings on her new album, "We're the keepers, as we sleep in America, our house in burning down, our house is burning down"
Exactly! It's almost like watching a version of the Stepford Wives -- a bunch of programmed robots. Few of the faithful are willing to oppose anything their party supports, even when they know it's wrong. No, they just continue to resort to the same childish name-calling, behaving like kids at recess on the playground.

Meanwhile, Congress does absolutely nothing worthwhile. Then, like clockwork, as elections near, they feign action. The worthless crooks from both sides of the aisle remain in their tax-funded cushy jobs, courtesy of the same voters who rate them lower than pond scum, yet refuse to hold them accountable, let alone, replace them. Talk about a sad, sad state of affairs.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Sure you did and its obvious in your posts.
My voting record is not dependent on your misconception.

Quote:
So lets hear some faults about the left? You know the typical left wing heros from the left wing hero coloring book.
John Kerry
Nancy Palosi
Reid
gasp president Obama
Joe the idiot Biden
Sounds to me like you don't need to hear any of that.

Quote:
me I am an equal opprotunity hammer. I seldom if ever vote for an encumbant and never twice. I don't care what party they call their own. I care about performance.
Good for you.

Did you happen to vote for Bush in 2004? Because I did in 2000, but voted Libertarian in 2004 based in his lousy performance.

Quote:
We have not had a house or senate worth a damn since Bill Clinton was the man.
I think I'd have to go back even further for a decent congress.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh I fully grasped the typical "I hate Right Wingers" response which is just the standard reply from you that it no longer needs a respone with a point.

Then your responses fall perfectly into your preferred zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies