Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 08:44 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
All this is true - the point the poster you responded to was making, I think, is that most pizza in America(or at least what people are getting when they call Dominos or Pizza Hut) bears little resemblance to true Italian pizza. For real pizza, you have to go to an authentic pizzeria or Italian restaurant.
But he said Italians don't have it, and yes they do!
Theirs is just more to the originial pizzas they made during the first pizza days.
I make my own, and i wish i did not not like pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 08:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasnt it lefties who actually sued a business in PA for requiring people order in English? I believe philadelphia
Nope you're not wrong.

This is exactly how the La Raza types are toward Americans. And you very often see in these raza kinds of businesses that they very blatantly discriminate when it comes to hiring.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Free enterprise - I don't care. If they think it's a great idea to get more business, then so be it.
Somehow I have the feeling that when the shoe is on the other foot and a business is trying to appeal only to Americans and makes it clear they don't want Spanish speakers, you would be screaming mad.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:03 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,184 times
Trust me...Ive eaten there.....free pizza is the only way anyone would eat that cardboard

Old 05-23-2012, 09:10 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Don't go there. Spanish ain't an important language unless talking about Hispanic countries. English IS important to know. It's just that many, NOT all, Hispanics have that "Latin" attitude the world revolves around them. The French have that same rep.
"Don't go there"? There's a reason why foreign language is a highschool and college requirement, for some of the reasons I listed earlier, and also it can be an advantage in the job market, in the age of globalization. Americans are much too insular, and rather arrogant with their attitude that the rest of the world should learn their language.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-23-2012 at 09:31 PM..

Old 05-23-2012, 09:13 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Fine, but why just target Spanish speakers? I'm done with this topic. Either you respect this nation's language and choose to speak it or you don't. If not, it is just dividing our country along linguistic lines. Seems like that is what some people want in here and it is mostly Hispanics and liberals who feel that way. The future of this country looks grim with millions of illegal alien Spanish speakers in it and other non-assimilating Hispanics. Enjoy your Hispanic utiopia in the future. Look south to what Mexico looks like for your enjoyment. I guess our native culture and language isn't worth retaining according to some and neither is the soveriengty of our borders. As I said, I am done with this topic.
Why are YOU targeting Spanish speakers? There are tens of thousands of Americans who speak only Russian, Polish, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Romanian, Bulgarian and other languages, who haven't assimilated to English. Why are you singling out Hispanics?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Being Italian your are most wrong. I know a bit about pizza history, having Italian ancestors.

The first true pizza was made in 1830 the first Pizzeria opened in 1830 and was called "ANTICA PIZZERIA PORT ALBA" in the great fine city of Naples.

As it happens the most famous name pizza was after Queen Marghetia of Italy, she walked into the Pizaioli, and when the Queen walked in, the pizzamaker called this pizza PIZZA MARGHERITA.
They also had the name for pizza lovers as "L'amore per la pizza"

I of course changed mine up. Homemade dough, thick crust, the freshest tomatoes, fresh ingredients, cheeses, meats, provolone, mozzarella, pepperoni, sasuage homemade. A pizza joint twenty years ago, wanted my pizzas and pasta sauce recipe. But wihout giving me any profit. A free dinner now and then. I don't think so, that was not a deal suited to my taste.

True italian pizzas are made simple and with fine ingredients. I don't feel like writing a book, but pizza became very popular in this Country.
When visiting Italy as we have, the pizzas are very good, with very fresh ingredients, but simply made. Pastas of all kinds are their other favorite dish.
Thank for the heads up; I though Pizza was an American invention but with Italian ideas.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
All this is true - the point the poster you responded to was making, I think, is that most pizza in America(or at least what people are getting when they call Dominos or Pizza Hut) bears little resemblance to true Italian pizza. For real pizza, you have to go to an authentic pizzeria or Italian restaurant.
Agreed. I was thinking Little Caesars LOL

Old 05-23-2012, 09:15 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
All this talk about pizza is making me want pizza.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Don't go there"? There's a reason why foreign language is a highschool and college requirement, for some of the reasons I listed earlier, and also it can be an advantage in the job market, in the age of globalization. Americans are much to insular, and rather arrogant with their attitude that the rest of the world should learn their language.
You have your opinions and I have my opinions. I DON'T have any plans to leave the US so English only is good enough for me.

If I went to Mexico to live, I'd learn Spanish yesterday. I'd NEVER go there illegally tho unless it was life or death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies