Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,788,480 times

Advertisements

What the heck happend to my fellow conservative capitalists?

Really some of you are out in left field on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,872,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So its not ok to require people speak in english
Correct. It is authoritarianism.

Quote:
but it is ok to bribe them to speak spanish? And you have the nerve to ask me what my problem is?
I don't need nerves to put you in place. Having said that, they are giving you a choice. You can use it, or not. The sky won't fall. Keep walking, if you must.

Quote:
Should I say something about lefties always looking for their free handouts? Of course not, only you are allowed to make such attacks, right?
Please proceed with attacks. It won't be anything new from you. And then don't go crying to moderators for having been attacked. Trust me, I prefer that you attack and be open to taking the rebuttal, than take it to the moderators. So... about that hand outs... it is a business decision. Can't digest it? That would be your personal problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I missed the part where it said you only get the free pizza if you're an illegal alien. Maybe you could point that out to us.
Chicagonut is one of those who automatically assume, Hispanic = Illegal Alien.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,684,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post

Quote:
If your so pissed off go to another pizza parlor.
Who said I was pissed?

Quote:
However if a private business wants to advertise what amounts to a Ladies Drink Free night why not?
Comparing apples & oranges.

Quote:
Uh no it's not. It plain and simple about penetrating the Hispanic market.
More than just that previously they were accepting payment in Pesos.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,865,075 times
Good Marketing. Dallas pizzeria gets free national marketing.

I'll buy a pizza from Pizza Patron sometime.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,236,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
What the heck happend to my fellow conservative capitalists?

Really some of you are out in left field on this issue.
I dont think anyone here has said they shouldnt be allowed to do this, but that doesnt mean it cant be questioned. Unlike lefties who actually sued a philadelphia company for requiring they speak english.

The difference of course is no one is demanding they stop, on the contrary, I said we should do our part to help them.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,236,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Correct. It is authoritarianism.
no its not.. no one is forcing them to go to the restaurant, and the courts agreed.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Who said I was pissed?

Comparing apples & oranges.

More than just that previously they were accepting payment in Pesos.
Your post gives away your attitude.

Its exactly the same as a free ladies night. Marketing 101

So they took pesos how did that harm you or this country in anyway?

I have about 20 dollars in pesos left over from a trip to Cabo, am I undermining American society in any way?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:45 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,589,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
The USA will soon be majority spanish speakers. I embrace it and so should everyone else. Spanish is a better, more descriptive language than english and there are far more expressions.
I prefer Italian over Spanish. However, around here Cajun French is more common.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont think anyone here has said they shouldnt be allowed to do this, but that doesnt mean it cant be questioned. Unlike lefties who actually sued a philadelphia company for requiring they speak english.

The difference of course is no one is demanding they stop, on the contrary, I said we should do our part to help them.

I agree the *******s were out of control on that lawsuit. Well damnit get me a few pies and I'll bring the beer.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,953,194 times
Geno's was stupid because they never took into account tourists. Not all tourists speak English and one would think that Philly being a pretty good tourist area that they would capitalize on that but instead they chose not too. It's their choice.

Same with this Pizza place. If they want to give away pizza to people who order in Spanish then so be it. You can either a) learn Spanish to get a free pie b) not go or c) pay for your pizza. If one of the previous three are too difficult for you to handle then getting free pizza is the least of your worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies