Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

Welfare , section 8, food stamps and give aways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
25% Overall In U.S.

Why are so many Black kids growing up without two parents?

72% Of Black Kids Raised In Single Parent Household, 25 Percent In U.S. | Breaking News for Black America

Why the hell would you care?

Old 05-23-2012, 01:28 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, because white people are the majority. It would be beyond a travesty if the black community collected more benefits than white people while only making up ~12% of the population. That's why percentage of population statistics are more useful than taking 100% of the money and dividing it up between demographics and using it to say "white people collect more!" It's an empty statistic for most purposes.
It is only useful when you have a certain agenda. Believe me, America's spending is much more bigger than negros in the hood.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:33 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,854 times
As long as the racist on these threads are complaining about their tax dollars going to welfare, food stamps, and whatever, i'm happy. I don't care if it takes money out my wallet, as long as it takes money out of thiers, i'm satisfied.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:33 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Barack Obama
Yeah him being raised by his grandparents when he was growing up in Hawaii had nothing to do with it.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:35 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
So can anyone tell me how much money goes to black people on welfare? And by welfare I mean those not including Social Security. But abled bodied welfare. Then we can start from there.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:36 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Ebony stated the obvious, and you replicated that statement. While technically not inaccurate, it proves nothing other than that white people collected more benefits than black people in dollar terms. That's fully within the realm of expectation considering white people are a huge majority. What really matters is the percentage of population. When that angle is taken, it's demonstrates that black people collect far more benefits than any other demographic.

Ebony avoided this fact because it's inconvenient to the message they were trying to spread. As I said before, they're playing the ignorance of their readers.

It seems that you are only concerned with non whites on welfare. If you want to look at this in terms of the amount of blacks receiving benefits at a disproportionate amount, blacks are also living in poverty disproportionately and unemployed, so it makes sense that blacks would need goverment assistance disproportionately. Either way, what is the obession with blacks, here?

You say that personal responsibility will resolve this issue. Wouldn't this apply to all races? The majority of the money IS going to whites, not blacks so if you are outraged about people on public aid not taking personal responsibility, why make it a race issue? When people discuss racism in terms of discrimination people like you make accusations of playing the race card, but when it comes to black people on welfare or black people voting democrat, you make it a race issue.

It's funny that every story involving someone using an EBT card in a nice car always involved a black or a Mexican. Unless you live in a predominately black or Mexican neighborhood, it is much more likely that you will see a white person using an EBT card than anyone else. It is insinuated by some of the usual racists here that whites need assitance to get a leg up while minorities are lazy and gaming the system.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
My advice for black males who have trouble understanding what personal responsibility and prosperity actually entails:

1) Pull Up Your Pants. Below the ass is not acceptable in any circumstance. If you want respect, then earn it by looking respectable.
2) Graduate High School
3) Don't Get 4 Different Girls Pregnant. Find one, and stay with her through thick and thin. If you don't want to be the father of her children, then don't get her pregnant.
4) Learn A Trade/Go To College
5) Get Married
6) Have only the number of children you can afford
7) Repeat cycle

Life can be tough, yes, especially when the revolving door is spinning against you. But until the black male community understands the basics of prosperity in the United States, I don't see a whole lot changing.

First things first.

As for the women, YES, you DO need your baby daddy. The child needs your baby daddy. Having mulitple kids to multiple dads is wholly unacceptable. Whomever taught you that such a lifestyle is acceptable.....that's the person/people you need to distance yourselves from. It only takes one person to stop the revolving door. YOU should be that person.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,854 times
Quote:
Yes, because white people are the majority. It would be beyond a travesty if the black community collected more benefits than white people while only making up ~12% of the population. That's why percentage of population statistics are more useful than taking 100% of the money and dividing it up between demographics and using it to say "white people collect more!" It's an empty statistic for most purposes.
why do you care so much? You should be jumping for joy, you and your stormfront buddies should be happy that blacks are struggling.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 PM

464 posts, read 479,191 times
Quote:
My advice for black males who have trouble understanding what personal responsibility and prosperity actually entails:

1) Pull Up Your Pants. Below the ass is not acceptable in any circumstance. If you want respect, then earn it by looking respectable.
2) Graduate High School
3) Don't Get 4 Different Girls Pregnant. Find one, and stay with her through thick and thin. If you don't want to be the father of her children, then don't get her pregnant.
4) Learn A Trade/Go To College
5) Get Married
6) Have only the number of children you can afford
7) Repeat cycle

Life can be tough, yes, especially when the revolving door is spinning against you. But until the black male community understands the basics of prosperity in the United States, I don't see a whole lot changing.

First things first.

As for the women, YES, you DO need your baby daddy. The child needs your baby daddy. Having mulitple kids to multiple dads is wholly unacceptable. Whomever taught you that such a lifestyle is acceptable.....that's the person/people you need to distance yourselves from. It only takes one person to stop the revolving door. YOU should be that person.
Are you black? Serious question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies