Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,807,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Never shopping at Target again. I do not support sin in any form.
Guess you better just stay home!

These political threads are a riot! People really are nuts! ROFLMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 08:14 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,807,779 times
I will still shop at Target...and I'm not even gay, imagine that.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 PM

249 posts, read 193,209 times
If target sold hateful shirts about how homosexuals are horrible, then would the right wing shop there? That's the implication and that's really disturbing.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,285,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I will boycott them for this. I don't think clothing that represents anything sexual, political, or religious has any place in a main stream store like Target.

Of course Target can sell whatever it wants. There isn't a Republican or conservative alive who would disagree with that.
But there are plenty of bigots that will totally disagree!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 PM

496 posts, read 482,464 times
All Kmart has to do to make a bundle of doe...

Attention Shoppers...Attention Shoppers...Attention Shoppers.

We have your Traditional Person tee shirts on at 5% off and as you could imagine theres only a few left in the bin.. don't delay now, scurry over to aisle 1 for your Traditional Person t-shirt.

Whatdaya think Donald ...can I get the big shot job ?

Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
All Kmart has to do to make a bundle of doe...

Attention Shoppers...Attention Shoppers...Attention Shoppers.

We have your Traditional Person tee shirts on at 5% off and as you could imagine theres only a few left in the bin.. don't delay now, scurry over to aisle 1 for your Traditional Person t-shirt.

Whatdaya think Donald ...can I get the big shot job ?
Do those tee shirts have bundles of does on them, or do they just have bucks?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:03 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Don't be silly.

Of course conservatives support a free market.

Those conservatives who disagree with Target's bold plan to shoot themselves in the foot will do business with Walmart instead.

What could be a better example of the free market than that?
So far these whiny control freaks haven't affected anything, in fact isn't JCPenny doing BETTER than they were before the Million Mom's stupid campaign? It sure doesn't seem to be hurting business, considering the crowds I see in their parking lots around here... and Howard Stern (another targeted "boycott" of these groups) recently signed a 5-year $5M contract with Sirius, not to mention his newest gig on America's Got Talent. Speaking of which, I do believe their ratings have gone up since he joined, despite all the protests over his hiring.

This reminds me of an old tried & true fact in the library profession, where any challenged books immediately rise in circulation. Gotta love the irony there.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Never shopping at Target again. I do not support sin in any form.
Yeah, they've been selling mixed-fabric clothing for years, not to mention shellfish and pork products - so I'm surprised you haven't boycotted them already! Oh wait, I forgot... you only choose to follow certain parts of the Old Testament, while ignoring the others. Something about Jesus absolving you of those "sins," but then you can twist a poorly-translated and often misunderstood OT passage into hating gays? Silly me, as a Jew I keep forgetting how you guys do that.

Speaking of sinful t-shirts, why isn't anyone protesting this one? LOL
http://www.target.com/p/Bacon-Makes-...e/-/A-13970470

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-23-2012 at 10:06 PM..

Old 05-23-2012, 09:07 PM

13,916 posts, read 39,191,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The American Family Association, a conservative Christian group, frequently sends out "action alerts" on matters of concern to its members, some of whom routinely forward them on to me for verification. The latest of these accuses retail giant Wal-Mart of forging an alliance with the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, an activist group known for promoting same-sex marriage, among other things. Is Wal-Mart Catering to Homosexuals?

LOL...Soon you bigots are going to run out of places to shop..
Soon they will have to go Nekked! Boy wont the Kiddies ask mom about this LOL Gee Mommy If he Nekked WHY cant I be Nekked???

WAHOO... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzoUu7w-YM

Old 05-23-2012, 09:17 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,269,906 times
Here's where they lose me...kind of.

Like Walmart, Target is owned by a family of uber-republicans. Isn't it strange that one would market products to a demographic when the company's admin. donates millions of dollars to to political efforts to undermine said demographic? Not really. This is one of the most sickeningly brilliant tactics that heavily partisan big business can come up with.

The ultimate example is Urban Outfitters, a store built around a fauxhemian illusion of cutting edge hipster-liberalism and panders heavily to LGBT customers, among others. Urban Outfitters is also a relatively large retail chain owned by a substantial donor to the GOP.

So all this really is is Target giving false impressions that they are on their side so they won't spend their money elsewhere. It's ideological Snake Oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies