Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:46 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,467,894 times

Advertisements

He lived in Los Angeles,

And died when he was 30.

Wow, what a wonderful life he had -- dead at 30 because of bad choices.

Not on drugs. Not an alcoholic. Not uneducated.

Just decided to have homosexual sex.

Well, guess what? It killed him.

Some diseases are found in gays at considerably higher rates than in heterosexual people. The reason? Well, you decide.

Homosexual Men are 50 times more likely to contract AIDS than heterosexual men.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/arc...9/aug/09082609

Gay men should have rectal tests for chlamydia as part of routine sexual health care.

HIV & AIDS Information :: Gay men should have rectal tests for chlamydia as part of routine sexual health care

I don't know. It killed my cousin. My Aunt and Uncle's kid. Could be your kid.

Do you teach him traditional values or just let him get into whatever he feels like, without any real knowledge of things? Parental guidance would be the best route. Gay sex is not always what it's cracked up to be.

It killed my cousin.

Last edited by Yooperkat; 05-23-2012 at 11:19 PM..

Old 05-23-2012, 10:54 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,471,120 times
No one "chooses" to be gay. Who would choose such a thing?

5,365 posts, read 6,303,813 times
Perhaps if your cousin was more informed on how to protect himself during sex then he would still be around. Being gay doesn't mean you will contract HIV. Hell, even having promiscuous, unprotected anal sex doesn't mean you will contract HIV. It just means that you are at higher risk of contracting the virus.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-23-2012 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: personal attack

4,042 posts, read 3,516,300 times

It's folks with personal experiences that make points that are not "Politically Correct" that liberals can't stand.

Proud of you, OP. Don't let anyone bully your right to share what's happened in your personal orbit.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-23-2012 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post

Old 05-23-2012, 10:55 PM

20,948 posts, read 18,976,636 times
Acting on it is purely voluntary....especially when you know the risks.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,135,914 times
Homosexual sex is very risky. Most homosexuals know this and take precautions. Some don't. Life is a gamble. I know people who you could write "My brother chose a Corvette and today it killed him". Sometimes fun is risky.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:16 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,191,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
He lived in Los Angeles,

And died when he was 30.

Some diseases are found in gays at considerably higher rates than in heterosexual people. The reason? Well, you decide.

Gay men should have rectal tests for chlamydia as part of routine sexual health care.

HIV & AIDS Information :: Gay men should have rectal tests for chlamydia as part of routine sexual health care

Do you teach him traditional values or just let him get into whatever he feels like, without any real knowledge of things. Parental guidance would be the best route. Gay sex is not always what it's cracked up to be.

It killed my cousin.
I am straight/slightly bicurious, but went through a few years when I identified as gay in my early twenties.

I am an easily impressionable person. After coming out of the closet in 2009, I jumped into the Gay Lifestyle(TM) head first. My life consisted of work from 8-5 and then clubs and hookups at night. It was a different guy every week and I would stay out until 3-4am in the clubs getting drunk and high and then go into work at 8am the next morning. As time went on, I became more and more a slave to the drugs and my lifestyle.

Before coming out of the closet, I had a great life. I had a great career, great friends, and great family. I was making as much money as my parents starting out. I was a straight-A student in high school and was extremely dedicated in college and all of that had paid off. All of that went down the toilet around three months after I busted out of the closet. My parents disowned me, I abandoned my friends because they wouldn't accept me, and the big one, I got fired from my job. All this happened in September 2009. After I got fired, I moved halfway across the country from Little Rock to Charlotte to be with this guy I met online. Once I got here, I became more addicted to more drugs. I got into cocaine, ecstasy, etc. I got a dead end job which I am still stuck in today that consists of being cursed out for eight hours per day and working with a bunch of ex-convicts with drag queens as my supervisors. I went from having a bright future and a great career to this.

About a year after moving to Charlotte, my boyfriend became abusive, both verbally and physically. He broke me down to my core. It was also around this time my homosexual attractions began to fade. If there is such a thing as rock bottom, I have been at it during the past couple years.

I still enjoyed and enjoy male bonding and intimacy, but not in a sexual way. Its more as a brothers or "bromance" type of way. What I desire is a childhood-like best male friend, NOT a sexual partner or long term homosexual relationship.

The most unfortunate thing is my life is completely in ruin and I feel like I will never again have the future I once did. It wasn't homosexuality itself that destroyed me, but the Gay Lifestyle(TM) sure did. I have a college degree but am pretty hopeless about the prospects of having a career. I don't even know where to begin to rebuild my life.

So yes, homosexuality, most specifically gay culture, can be very destructive. My life is evidence of that. I made it out alive, but I could very easily have died or been arrested doing many of the things I did. I also have to live with the fact I completely destroyed my future and my dreams.

*Before you bash me, I am not talking necessarily about homosexual orientation but about the gay lifestyle (clubs, hookups, drugs, etc) that is the face of homosexuality in popular culture. If you can live that way and still handle your responsibilities in society by all means have at it, but its a very risky lifestyle. I know its taboo to criticize anything in relation to homosexuality and PLEASE KNOW I am not doing that. I believe gays should have equal rights as straight couples in marriage and in the workplace.

Last edited by bchris02; 05-23-2012 at 11:30 PM..

Old 05-23-2012, 11:24 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,267,611 times
[quote=Yooperkat;24437481]He lived in Los Angeles,

And died when he was 30.

Do you teach him traditional values or just let him get into whatever he feels like, without any real knowledge of things? Parental guidance would be the best route. Gay sex is not always what it's cracked up to be.

[MOD CUT/personal attack]

Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,843,984 times
This is a very sad story.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,938,578 times
My cousin died because he was born gay, because he was ashamed of who he was. He lived his life in denial and in the closet to the point that using a condom or telling his family that he was gay was out of the question. He died alone in a hospital, in a big city at the age of twenty-two. I wish that I would have talked to him and told him that it was okay to be gay. I wish he realized that those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

I loved my cousin. I wish he loved himself more. This isn't about how he was raised. He has a very straight brother. My cousin used to sneak and try on his mother's clothing as a child. His mother was in denial and still is. None of this was a choice, he tried to be straight but he just wasn't ...may his tortured soul rest in peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies