Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 03:24 PM

4,298 posts, read 4,390,759 times

Advertisements

Combat and patrolling all day in 110 degree heat while wearing about 70Lbs of body armor, plus the weight of your weaponery (and ammo). Then you carry your water and your food. If they can keep up with the guys - go for it. I doubt that # will be more than a dozen overall. The only women who want to do this aren't in the military - they are civilians thinking they can. Even many men "think" they can - until they are faced with it. Now, this is within the context of infantry. I think, perhaps fighter pilots (who will soon be a thing of the past) is realistic. Ships as well. Perhaps even on tanks. But there will be those MOS/AFSC's that will be incredibily more difficult (however, not impossible). Jobs like para-rescue, special forces, infantry - to name a few.

Last edited by Bulldawg82; 05-24-2012 at 03:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Excellent points! Especially about guns...if ya can lift it, ya can shoot it.

Stamina is important as well....and women have MUCH more than men.

These chest beating jerks who say women shouldn't be in combat or in this or in that and women they better do this or that or harrumph...

Well, those creeps should be forced to say it face to face with women who have suffered loss of limbs and other wounds in war...they should say it to the faces of their grieving loved ones whose wife or daughter came home in a casket because they were protecting those misogynistic chest beater's freedom and liberty.
There is far more to combat than just being able to lift your gun and firing it. See my post above.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:02 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,527,488 times
Exactly the same requirement as men. Also no LOWERING of the mens standards so more women can make it. That is a sneaky way I can see Congress or the current POSTUS putting pressure on the Pentagon to allow more women to make the cut.

No special bathrooms, sleeping quarters nada. Gotta change a tampon go behind the jeep.

I suspect MAYBE 5-10% of women could meet the same exact standards.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:04 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,527,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Combat and patrolling all day in 110 degree heat while wearing about 70Lbs of body armor, plus the weight of your weaponery (and ammo). Then you carry your water and your food. If they can keep up with the guys - go for it. I doubt that # will be more than a dozen overall. The only women who want to do this aren't in the military - they are civilians thinking they can. Even many men "think" they can - until they are faced with it. Now, this is within the context of infantry. I think, perhaps fighter pilots (who will soon be a thing of the past) is realistic. Ships as well. Perhaps even on tanks. But there will be those MOS/AFSC's that will be incredibily more difficult (however, not impossible). Jobs like para-rescue, special forces, infantry - to name a few.

Bingo, Almost all women could lift a 7lb rifle and fire it. That is not the hard part of combat soldiering on the front line.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:30 PM

431 posts, read 925,562 times
They can do whatever makes them happy, as stated standards should not be lowered in any way though. This whole sueing thing is unreal though. I think a first great step would be to have the same PT standards for both males and females, no matter what your job is. Take a look at whats expected from Males vs Females in my branch " Air Force" its a pretty big difference. I know how females are catered to and treated in my non combat role, can only imagine how it would be on the front lines.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:48 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,924,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
These women have no idea what they are asking for. Ask the men that have been in combat and they will tell you that it is nothing that you want to be involved in. They have this pie in the sky notion that it's a piece of cake. When they get there they will wish that it never happened. Be careful what you wish for.........you may get it.
I agree. I don't know why anyone would volunteer to go get shot at. Of course there are those that want to. I say let em. Problem is this is about being "fair" the cry from everyone anymore. When they actually get there they will be singing a different tune most likely. Not all of em but many.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:50 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,924,503 times
"The only women who want to do this aren't in the military - they are civilians thinking they can. Even many men "think" they can - until they are faced with it."

Good point. The women in the military who want to do it actually want to do it for different reasons than the civilians screaming that everything isn't fair I'm sure.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:56 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,081,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
There is far more to combat than just being able to lift your gun and firing it. See my post above.
Yes, there is , Ohcrusty old army guy

And some women can do it and some MEN CAN'T.

So why discriminate against women...women have served this country, died for it, been maimed and ruined for it...they have EQUAL BLOODY RIGHTS to do anythng men can OR CANNOT do.

You sound like some 19th century gray beard who said women didn't have the brains to understand business or politics.

IF women can't serve their country EQUALLY as full citizens then they shouldn't be TAXED like full citizens!

Your total disrespect for our female troops who have sacrificed much for YOUR country is sickening!!!!

Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,081,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Exactly the same requirement as men. Also no LOWERING of the mens standards so more women can make it. That is a sneaky way I can see Congress or the current POSTUS putting pressure on the Pentagon to allow more women to make the cut.

No special bathrooms, sleeping quarters nada. Gotta change a tampon go behind the jeep.

I suspect MAYBE 5-10% of women could meet the same exact standards.
Your total disrespect for our female troops who have sacrificed much for YOUR country is sickening!!!! How anti-American can you get!???

Old 05-25-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, there is , Ohcrusty old army guy

And some women can do it and some MEN CAN'T.

So why discriminate against women...women have served this country, died for it, been maimed and ruined for it...they have EQUAL BLOODY RIGHTS to do anythng men can OR CANNOT do.

You sound like some 19th century gray beard who said women didn't have the brains to understand business or politics.

IF women can't serve their country EQUALLY as full citizens then they shouldn't be TAXED like full citizens!

Your total disrespect for our female troops who have sacrificed much for YOUR country is sickening!!!!
LOL! I'm not a crusty old grey beard (although some grey has creeped in). But, you didn't read my post that I referenced, did you? If you did you would have known that I support women in the military and IF they can keep up with the men in combat roles (because war doesn't forgive political correctness), then more power to them. I was just pointing out the error of thinking that anyone who can pick up a gun is ready for combat and there is far more to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies