Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 10:34 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is this what liberalism has been reduced to? These kinds of comments?
I'm just trying to figure out where this hatred for the poor comes from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 10:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I'm just trying to figure out where this hatred for the poor comes from?
I don't hate poor people. The suggestion is wholly ignorant. I hate fraud, waste, and abuse of my tax dollars. I won't waste my time explaining this to you anymore.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:37 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
USDA disagrees with you. Otherwise they would ignore this fraud, right?

I have to ask....are you...or have you ever been a taxpayer? You seem to not give one damn about how money is spent or wasted. Have you ever contributed? I'm beginning to question your objecitivity because you don't seem to have a vested interest...ie. pay taxes. Or are you just that apathetic by nature?
Nevermind what i do. Let's not get carried away. You're no great shakes yourself. If you were, you wouldn't be here. Everyone on C-D is a normal ass working stiff wage earner, just like the majority of other Americans....including YOU! So please, stop trying to basically infer that you're something above what anyone else around here is. The wealthy and extremely successful aint checking in on websites to gauge the opinions of the proletariat.

That said, it's not apathy. It's reality. All government programs have fraud. 1% is acceptable in my book. Should the USDA investigate fraud regardless? Yes...of course. That's what we pay them to do.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nevermind what i do. Let's not get carried away. You're no great shakes yourself. If you were, you wouldn't be here. Everyone on C-D is a normal ass working stiff wage earner, just like the majority of other Americans....including YOU! So please, stop trying to basically infer that you're something above what anyone else around here is. The wealthy and extremely successful aint checking in on websites to gauge the opinions of the proletariat.

That said, it's not apathy. It's reality. All government programs have fraud. 1% is acceptable in my book. Should the USDA investigate fraud regardless? Yes...of course. That's what we pay them to do.
Clearly your version of "extremely successful" is different than mine. But that's a different subject.

I find it very troubling that you focus on the 1% as if that particular number is an abstract and has no correlating value. 1% of one trillion is 10 billion. 1% of ten trillion is 100 billion. Those are astronomical numbers, but they're still "1%." Where do you draw the line? Do you see why your apathy is counterproductive to the American taxpayer?

Old 05-24-2012, 10:44 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Stop the food stamp program all together. Put together a food bank, that has nutritious foods, fruits veggies, etc etc, and then allow people who need the help, to come and get food. That way the government gets to buy the food in bulk, pay lower prices, and distribute the food to people who need to, cutting out supermarkets making a profit, and cutting out most of the fraud, Unless someone wants to get and sell veggies and hamburger that they just got to feed their own family, it should cut out a lot of the fraud.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Those working poor, not wanting to be hungry people are slackers.

The real frauds are in the Medical community.... to the tune of $24 BILLION In Medicare.

Fraud statistics
The equivocation continues.

Did you even read the OP? The "working poor" are engaging in FRAUD. That's not EATING....that's CRIME.

How did you miss that part?

Old 05-24-2012, 10:51 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times
Quote:
Washington taking new steps to combat food stamp fraud | Fox News

850,000 people! Is this what we've become as a nation? A nation of fraudulent leeches???
Brought to you by a blood sucking Wall st. mentality that Profits over people make them powerful.

When AMERICAN oligarch's quit gutting our jobs and creating a working poor nation. Then you might be able to stretch to fraudulent leech hunting.

Until the Love money more than people addiction is curtailed. You will always have the poor, and the tax payer will always feed them.

Otherwise you will have revolt and pain.

Even conservatives understand that when you don't feed the poor dis enfranchised, their ivory towers burn to the ground.

Let them eat Cake... find a better, larger source of fraud and abuse.

Military is famous for F'n the American sheeple.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
The equivocation continues.

Did you even read the OP? The "working poor" are engaging in FRAUD. That's not EATING....that's CRIME.

How did you miss that part?
Everything in gov't is fraud. The whole system is corrupt. Don't see the big deal in singling out one drop of spit in a ocean of disease.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Brought to you by a blood sucking Wall st. mentality that Profits over people make them powerful.

When AMERICAN oligarch's quit gutting our jobs and creating a working poor nation. Then you might be able to stretch to fraudulent leech hunting.

Until the Love money more than people addiction is curtailed. You will always have the poor, and the tax payer will always feed them.

Otherwise you will have revolt and pain.

Even conservatives understand that when you don't feed the poor dis enfranchised, their ivory towers burn to the ground.

Let them eat Cake... find a better, larger source of fraud and abuse.

Military is famous for F'n the American sheeple.
Let them eat cake? Are you kidding? How about we tackle ALL sources of fraud, waste, and abuse instead of hedging because you feel sorry for people? And why are you feeling sorry for people who defraud you? Shouldn't you actually detest these people for defrauding you out of your hard-earned money?

Old 05-24-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Let them eat cake? Are you kidding? How about we tackle ALL sources of fraud, waste, and abuse instead of hedging because you feel sorry for people? And why are you feeling sorry for people who defraud you? Shouldn't you actually detest these people for defrauding you out of your hard-earned money?
Nope, it's all funny money. There is no moral basis in America. I'm defrauded every second of every day. Due to the FED and the pansy asses in the US gov't that sell their souls for a job, perks and power.

I think that food fraud is nothing more than a revolving door to our grocery stores, growers markets and helps more than hurts.

This country is on a course of insolvency, regardless of this measly 750 million.

Drop in the bucket. Not even a cliff note on America's economic reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies