Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 04:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

I told you I'm done playing games with you. Stop posting to me unless you make some sense. If you do I will respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 04:51 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
There is a return to the land with small working farms. I blame a lot of the loss of farming communites to gov't interference in the market, price and trade manipulation, paying farmers to leave their ground fallow, telling them what they can and cannot grow, subsidies etc.

In Colorado you have farmers unable to tap their own wells to save their crops because the gov't won't let them.

[LEFT]Since the 1930s, farmers in the river basin had been allowed to tap into the underground aquifer to supplement inadequate surface stream flows during drought years. But the state's courts ruled that the practice violated Colorado water law because the farmers hadn't been augmenting the well water with supplies they'd bought or leased from other sources.

Read more: Weld area farmers want OK to use wells to water crops during drought - The Denver Post [/LEFT]
Yes there are still people moving out to rural areas but overall, more people are leaving.

As to the rest of your comments.... it's always all of the government's fault. It certainly had nothing to do with the mechanization of labor which led to the large scale commerilization of farming, among other factors.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I told you I'm done playing games with you. Stop posting to me unless you make some sense. If you do I will respond.
It was a simple question, what doesn't make sense about it? I will help you.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Now if you are scared.... I can't help you there.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
The goal of a NON-BINDING, VOLUNTARY agenda? I don't get that outrage? Who cares if local governments want to participate? In fact, that should make you happy, having local government deciding things for its local residents
It's not grassroots, it's from outside pressure using NGO's, financial incentives and disincentives. It appears local, but they are implementing policies that begin at the UN and spread their tentacles globally. That's why it's called Local Agenda 21. Your local officials don't even know they are being used as tools, but they are.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Yes there are still people moving out to rural areas but overall, more people are leaving.

As to the rest of your comments.... it's always all of the government's fault. It certainly had nothing to do with the mechanization of labor which led to the large scale commerilization of farming, among other factors.
Those machines are very costly, and why would you purchase them if your paid not to grow a crop? You heard about the small towns in Central Valley CA that were primarily farmworkers that couldn't provide for themselves when the state shut off the water, due to the smelt. That is gov't intervention that hurts not only these towns, but the ability of this state to produce food for the country. A filter could have solved the problem!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:26 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
But its not....show me a smart growth site that increases Govt regs...its just one of the many Suburban and Urban development styles....theres over 50 styles...some going back to the 1700s....i doubt the UN was around back in the 1700s.... And residents have a say in Plans here in the Northeast....and they often change them. Of course the plan goes from Basic to complex after everyone has there say....you have Residents who often want sidewalks and bike trails or lanes , Business owners who want wider sidewalks , bike parking and Streetscaping and large scale developers who to buy of town of Govt property which is often blighted or brownfield in the Northeast and cost the tax payers millions a year... The Regs haven't really increased , there the same...the style has changed...but its mostly using an older suburban style or layout...sidewalks , narrow streets and an emphasis on Transit access... IF you look at a recent census all the suburbs that are exploding are the older suburbs , the newer suburbs are dying...due the fact your tied to a car....where in the older suburbs you don't need it...its more free , you can walk to the store , bike to the store or use transit instead the car...
This is all generalizing. Regs have been changing. Nobody needs to wait til after the "damage" is done.

Designing smarter I have no issue with what so ever. In fact, we need rethinking in many places. But how it is done is what matters.

It should be local, transparent, accountable and people allowed to approve or disapprove it. Any other way is inappropriate. This is much more than cosmetics and design. It involves repercussions and implementation.

The UN shouldn't be involved in local planning. If locals are being allowed input and are happy then what is your issue?

Claiming financial loss? Those people live there and don't like what is being planned. They have every right.

The Master Plan: Agenda 21 In Action
quote:
Now, back to our good Irish farmer…
This farm, which has been in the Fitzgerald family for many, many generations – since before the “Draper” city councilman’s and mayor’s parent’s-parents were even born – has over the years been slowly taken by the Draper City Corporation and the State of Utah. Bit by bit, these government entities have used the recommended Best Practices of utilizing the Master Plans to forcibly dismantle and steal the land and property of the Fitzgerald family farm.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
This is all generalizing. Regs have been changing. Nobody needs to wait til after the "damage" is done.

Designing smarter I have no issue with what so ever. In fact, we need rethinking in many places. But how it is done is what matters.

It should be local, transparent, accountable and people allowed to approve or disapprove it. Any other way is inappropriate. This is much more than cosmetics and design. It involves repercussions and implementation.

The UN shouldn't be involved in local planning. If locals are being allowed input and are happy then what is your issue?

Claiming financial loss? Those people live there and don't like what is being planned. They have every right.

The Master Plan: Agenda 21 In Action
Good find, this says it all.
A basic tenet of the implementation of United Nation’s (Agenda 21) world-wide program entitled “Sustainable Development” is to replace the many declarations of rights and privileges called “constitutions” of the many countries with one global charter. This constitution of the Earth, called the ‘Declaration of Human Rights”, has one very important distinction between itself and that of the U.S. Constitution: the critical altering of individual rights so that the good of the collective people and the state have absolute rights over the individual people. In essence, the concept of natural or God-given rights are erased within this global charter.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
The goal of a NON-BINDING, VOLUNTARY agenda? I don't get that outrage? Who cares if local governments want to participate? In fact, that should make you happy, having local government deciding things for its local residents
Voluntary for whom? Contracts, agreements, guidelines and finances can be pretty binding. Locals should decide not local govt.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Good find, this says it all.
A basic tenet of the implementation of United Nation’s (Agenda 21) world-wide program entitled “Sustainable Development” is to replace the many declarations of rights and privileges called “constitutions” of the many countries with one global charter. This constitution of the Earth, called the ‘Declaration of Human Rights”, has one very important distinction between itself and that of the U.S. Constitution: the critical altering of individual rights so that the good of the collective people and the state have absolute rights over the individual people. In essence, the concept of natural or God-given rights are erased within this global charter.
All the Global, Inc stuff is tying right into the UN. 2007 on you can see them putting their IT, book keeping and "administrations" into place. The whole EU is nothing, but a corporate overlay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies