Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Weren't there gays in the academy before they were "openly" gay?

This relates to advertising their sexuality again.
No, you don't get it. More than 14,500 members of our military were discharged under the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" law. Many of them were never asked and didn't tell.

I don't see how anyone can be who they are without being "openly" anything. I'm heterosexual, but it doesn't mean I walk around having sex in public or advertise it. It just means I act naturally and don't need to hide who I am from the world in shame or fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 12:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So what. Why would you single out gays? Do they deserve some sort of special attention? I think not.
The fact the they have been systematically denied the right to serve by people like you for so long, I'd say it's warranted.

Don't want gays to stand out - don't single them out for discrimination.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:00 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
If everybody felt the way I do this country would be in good shape.
No, this country would be Iran or Saudi Arabia if everyone felt the way you do.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Here come to kookoo birds screaming for "rights" and calling anyone who won't do as their told and bend over for the militant gay squealers homophobes.

Actually if it were up to me I'd let all the gays go serve in combat no less. We'll see how far your squealing gets when the other side decides not to listen or be mean when they're shootin at you as you scream not fair.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, this country would be Iran or Saudi Arabia if everyone felt the way you do.
No we would be protected by the best fighting force around.........they gay army as I previously commented about.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:32 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
Here come to kookoo birds screaming for "rights" and calling anyone who won't do as their told and bend over for the militant gay squealers homophobes.

Actually if it were up to me I'd let all the gays go serve in combat no less. We'll see how far your squealing gets when the other side decides not to listen or be mean when they're shootin at you as you scream not fair.
Half of your posts are like something out of a 1940s Mickey Mouse comic.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
I wonder how many people here who deny gay men and lesbians their rights as Americans were taught in school "America The Beautiful" and taught it to their children.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:35 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
For a group of people who want to be "equal" they sure do separate themselves a lot.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:00 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:

then vote to reinstate the draft, and heterosexuals as well as homosexuals could squeal when the bullets start flying.

Just a heads up (so-to-speak) gays have been in the military as long as there has been a military.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:13 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
then vote to reinstate the draft, and heterosexuals as well as homosexuals could squeal when the bullets start flying.

Just a heads up (so-to-speak) gays have been in the military as long as there has been a military.
And Bill Clinton pointed out in a QandA session following a speech he gave a few weeks ago that the first time an openly gay soldier is killed by "friendly fire", the firestorm on the home front from gays claiming it was deliberate and demanding an investigation will create as many problems for the military as when gays had to be silent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies