Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Here come to kookoo birds screaming for "rights" and calling anyone who won't do as their told and bend over for the militant gay squealers homophobes.

Actually if it were up to me I'd let all the gays go serve in combat no less. We'll see how far your squealing gets when the other side decides not to listen or be mean when they're shootin at you as you scream not fair.
Yeah "rights" are for kookoo birds. I bet if we we're talking about guns, you'd be foaming at that mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 07:39 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Too bad the emphasis is on their sexual orientation rather than their service to country. Cadets should be cadets, no special interest group designation required.
They could be kicked out of the military for it just last year.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Here come to kookoo birds screaming for "rights" and calling anyone who won't do as their told and bend over for the militant gay squealers homophobes.

Actually if it were up to me I'd let all the gays go serve in combat no less. We'll see how far your squealing gets when the other side decides not to listen or be mean when they're shootin at you as you scream not fair.
Your true colors come out.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
then vote to reinstate the draft, and heterosexuals as well as homosexuals could squeal when the bullets start flying.

Just a heads up (so-to-speak) gays have been in the military as long as there has been a military.
And made up a good portion of one of the greatest armies in history, the Spartans.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:51 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
I worked alongside a group of AFA cadets in Joplin, MO last month cleaning up storm damage, perhaps including Ms. Heller. They voluntarily gave up their spring break to come to Joplin and do what they could to help. We put them to work pulling brush and cutting down damaged trees.

Each and every one of them, including those in this years graduating class, were a credit to the US Air Force and to their country. Hard working, professional, dedicated young men and women who spent what should have been their off-duty time serving others. They epitomized what's RIGHT with this country.

Nobody asked, or cared, what their sexual orientation was. They wanted to help, so we helped them help others.

If Ms. Heller or some other gay cadet was among them, they still get my salute for a job well done.

God bless them all.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Good for them. Their sexual orientation, i am sure had nothing to do with them, studing to be the best that they can be.
I applaud any one who wishes to serve our Country, anyone. I doubt this is the first time though that gay cadets graduated from the academy.
Maybe the frist time an openly gay member graduated.
No problem at all, are we now going to stop gays from working too. Ridiculous. What it boils down to is that we are all human, and all deserve the same rights, that is how i think.
Anyone who is a natural born citizen!

Old 05-24-2012, 08:24 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
So what. Why would you single out gays? Do they deserve some sort of special attention? I think not.
This suggests that you think gay and lesbian people should receive equal treatment to straight people. Which means that they should not have been 'singled out' for 'special attention' by being dishonourably discharged for their orientation for so many years, or forced to hide their orientation when straight servicemen and women did not have to.

Glad to see your views have evolved on this issue.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Too bad the emphasis is on their sexual orientation rather than their service to country. Cadets should be cadets, no special interest group designation required.
This suggests that you think gay and lesbian people should receive equal treatment to straight people.

Which means that the emphasis should have been on their service to their country instead of being designated as a 'special group' by being dishonourably discharged for their orientation, or forced to hide their orientation when straight servicemen and women did not have to.

Glad to see your views have evolved on this issue.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-24-2012 at 08:41 PM..

Old 05-24-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Weren't there gays in the academy before they were "openly" gay?

This relates to advertising their sexuality again.
Weren't there 'straights' in the academy who were always 'openly' straight?

This relates to 'straights' being able to advertise their sexuality again.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:12 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:

And to think, my gay niece did 3 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan to protect you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies