Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 03:00 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Like old judge nap.

This quote from Ronald Maximus is particularly relevant here I think............

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 03:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Except the parts you want to change right?

Like that thing about church and state... Cause based on the posts here, it looks like many of the Constitutional Traditionalists here really seem to want a theocracy...
Naw, most of us want all the words of the 1st Amendment used not just the few that seem to give the government the power to stop them from practicing their religion.

Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,

What do these words mean to you? Do you just stop reading at religion and fail to see the rest of the "guarantee"?

Old 05-28-2012, 03:02 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The Constitution can be changed, by amendments, that's the way it was set up. If it could not be changed, we'd still have slavery and women couldn't vote.

There is no indocrination going on, it's all in the imaginations of the talking heads.

Every time someone wants to teach bible in a public school, it's a violation of the 1st amendment. I do not want my kids being taught religion by a public school teacher. That's my job. You're allowed to practice your religion freely, just don't try to force it down my kids, or grandkids throat through the school system.

Nobody is trying to take your religion away from you, no churches are closing because of federal laws.
^^^

Unfortunately, you are casting pearls in front of swine...

Old 05-28-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I don't know if you remember it, but I remember a time where we would read a Bible verse in the classroom every morning.

(I know, I'm older than dirt).
I don't remember one thing like that and I first entered 1st Grade in 1937. I am sure glad I didn't live where you did later on.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sure he will, a large number of Repugs will not be able to hold their nose long enough to vote for Liberal Mormon Mittens
I am pretty sure I WILL MAKE IT. I am willing to give him a try since the present one hasn't proved to be much.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
What freedoms does he refer to, exactly?

"Hey, remember when the federal constitution didn't apply to states, so states were free to do whatever the hell they wanted to us?"

Or,

"Hey, remember when we were free to beat our wives and discriminate against black people?"

Or

"Hey, remember when we were free to tell people who they could and couldn't marry?"
Why don't you read the link so you could know what is being talked about?

Old 05-28-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Like old judge nap.

This quote from Ronald Maximus is particularly relevant here I think............

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "
What would Reagan say to the chance that the Supreme Court will avoid its duty concerning Obamacare? I think he would squeal as loudly as I think I will if they don't. I heard it said on TV a few minutes ago that they will vote 6 - 3 against Obamacare. The three being the females, 2 who were installed there to vote like that and one who doesn't like our Constitution, anyway.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
^^^

Unfortunately, you are casting pearls in front of swine...
You call me a swine again and I will report you for it. You know you had me in mind.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:22 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Reagan was always my favorite president. Yes he would be squealing but he never would have allowed something like this to take place either. 6-3 sounds about right. The three should be relieved of their seats as they are not doing their jobs.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:09 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Like old judge nap.

Worth repeating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies