Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 10:42 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,988,119 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure how down they are, but I paid $4.01 a gallon for regular at the pump the other day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 10:47 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,899,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ed made a factual statement..

Hey liberals, if Obama is responsible for making the gas prices come down, then wouldnt it be his fault when they went up as well? Noo, of course not..
That factual statements taken out of context, which it is, is misleading. Truth is more than saying something that is technically not incorrect.

It was the conservatives blaming Obama for rising gas prices and now they recoil at giving him credit for the opposite. As I said earlier on, presidents don't dictate gas prices.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:31 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,188,475 times
your facts are bogus. talk about delusional.

Fact, bush was president for 8 years.

Fact, Clinton proposed budgets for 8 years, ending with FY2001.

Fact, bush proposed budgets for 8 years FY2002 THRU FY2009.

FACT, the spending side of bush's proposed FY2009 budget was largely the same as what was enacted with the addition of bush TARP bailout. The revenue side of the FY2009 budget was grossly less than bush's budget proposal.

FACT, the FY2009 deficit belongs to bush. His budget, his bank bail out, his GREAT RECESSION, HIS MESS.

Fact, the national debt at the end of FY2009 was just under $12 trillion.

Now, I know your going to try making the case that FY2009 doesn't belong to bush for some bizzare reason, that bush was a seven year president and because of the mess his GREAT RECESSION caused he isn't responsible. LOL, that BS is hysterical, talk about dodging personal responsibility.... Truly delusional.

Bottom line, the debt grew about $4 trillion under Obama's budget authority of just under three years.

Some increases you can pin on Obama. Some, not so much.

Stimulus, why was it needed? Bush's GREAT RECESSION????

BUSH'S UNFUNDED WARS.

Bush's unfunded Medicare part D.

Bush's unfunded tax cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Do you believe that you actually KNOW what you are talking about? Because CLEARLY you are a delusional left wing mouthpiece that puts no thought at all into what you regurgitate here on the internet.

obama has put almost $7 TRILLION onto the federal deficit. Bush totaled $5 TRILLION over an 8 year stretch.

The MAIN reason for the recession at the end of 2008 was the housing market collapse...which lead to the bank bailouts...etc. But the REASON for the housing collapse was generated YEARS back under Clinton...when the democrats got it into their heads that ALL Americans should be able to own a house....and they went about guarnateeing BAD loans to people who had NO BUSINESS at all buying a house, because they could NOT AFFORD IT. Fannie and Freddie backed those loans...and it was REPUBLICANS who warned of the danger approaching...even BUSH HIMSELF....and the dems completely ignored them...saying that the republicans were waging a war on low income people and didn't want them to live the American dream. Well...how did THAT all turn out??

Also...as you left wingtards LOVE to forget...the democrats controlled BOTH houses of congress for the final 2 years of the Bush administration AND the first 2 years of the obama administration. So...being that it's congress who pretty much pushes bills and legislation through for the president to sign, I'd say the democrats are DIRECTLY responsible for the sh*t mess this country is in right now...NOT the republicans.

obama is doing a good job getting us out of the mess created by Bush?? we must not forget or go there again?? WOW!! Again....learn your history sonny and embrace the truth...because you clearly have no real grasp on the facts at this point.

Here's a little something to educate yourself with....learn something.

Republicans wanted regulation of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac - YouTube

Last edited by buzzards27; 05-27-2012 at 12:02 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 11:43 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,741,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
If you are spending more on gas than your house, then I suggest you get a vehicle that gets better gas milage. Don't blame Obama for your bad choices. I spend roughly $100 a month on 3 vehicles. I only wish my house payment was that low.
Who are you to tell me what my choices are? Typical lib. Dictate how all should live their lives.

I too have 3 vehicles and my husband is lucky to have a job and must drive to it as do I. The 3rd vehicle is one that can fit the whole family plus all of their athletic gear, if you must know.

We lost our house to Irene last summer and can ill afford to buy newer more economical vehicles. It was our 5th flood and we moved. Yes our gas bill is more than the house payment. No we cannot get new vehicles. Yes, you should not pass judgement on those you don't know. I'm so happy your bill is so low.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Who are you to tell me what my choices are? Typical lib. Dictate how all should live their lives.

I too have 3 vehicles and my husband is lucky to have a job and must drive to it as do I. The 3rd vehicle is one that can fit the whole family plus all of their athletic gear, if you must know.

We lost our house to Irene last summer and can ill afford to buy newer more economical vehicles. It was our 5th flood and we moved. Yes our gas bill is more than the house payment. No we cannot get new vehicles. Yes, you should not pass judgement on those you don't know. I'm so happy your bill is so low.
LOL, sounds like a long series of poor choices on your part. But, nice job blaming some libs for your poor planning.

Five floods??? Is my taxes and/or insurance premiums funding your stupid housing choices?

Old 05-27-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm not sure how down they are, but I paid $4.01 a gallon for regular at the pump the other day.
And I paid $3.49 the other day, what's your point? That you live in an area with high gas prices or that you search out high prices instead of looking from better prices. FYI, "GasBuddy" is a great tool.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:00 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,185,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Now that gas prices are falling why are the people who were blaming Obama for the gas prices rising not on here now praising him for bringing the gas prices down???????????????
Come on, don't expect emotional ignorant people to not be hypocrites.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Oil is now at a 7 month low ($90.72) but the average gas price is still 40cents/gallon higher than it was last December.

Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com
Two weeks ago crude was near $100 a barrel. Give gas another week and it may be near $3.00.

FYI, gas price drop follow crude price drops slower that for increases, plus it is one of those price gouging holiday weekends.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:12 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,899,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Come on, don't expect emotional ignorant people to not be hypocrites.
On hypocrisy, conservatives keep drumming, free market, free market, free market -- but then when the free market yields high gas prices they want the government to do something about it.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:38 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,826,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
On hypocrisy, conservatives keep drumming, free market, free market, free market -- but then when the free market yields high gas prices they want the government to do something about it.
You are soooooooooooooooo right.
Free market works in good times and the Govt. fails in bad times ..... are these people for real or do they just not hear themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies