Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:02 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
They know he's full of spit and are not obligated to sit there and listen to an obvious liar. Oh yeah and the whole mormon thing about black skin being a curse doesn't help.
Obama is the greatest liar ever to hold the presidency.

Does that mean that since he is now a candidate, we can yell "liar" at him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I could stop being a liberal and a Democrat tomorrow and scream it from the heavens at an all black function, and no one would dream of attacking me. It wouldn't even occur to them to do so.

So again, it's YOU that has the problem. I don't know how many times i have to keep telling some of you black conservatives that. If you're getting attacked, it's not because of your politics. It's because of being a lame....and lames get attacked. I could be conservative all day long and go all up in the black barbershop, barbeque, family reunion, frat reunions, and any other black function and no way will anyone think of me as a Tom.

So, perhaps you should work on that little personal issue. Because that's DEFINITELY what it is.
If you REALLY understood conservatism, you would not make such ridiculous statements.

If you talked about personal responsibility, the importance of being completely involved in your childrens education and lessening your dependence upon the government, you would be excoriated....just like Bill Cosby was.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:15 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
No surprise. The blacks are bought off with freebees and have no dignity to stop their racist hate against anyone who wants to help them become something of themselves.. they really think the democrats help them. They don't.

Show me a black Republican and you will see a big difference in what they believe. The black Republican takes their power away from the democrats and becomes enlightened and are free of pulling the race card always pointing to their skin color.. they have dignity and know their worth.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
That's the same thing that I was also thinking cause there's no way in hell that romeny could get any of the AA vote.
Good.

Then way he doesn't "owe" them anything.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
I wonder where obama's folks were during the civil rights movement?
We know that his father was spreading his seed throughout the world as well as spewing his communist beliefs.

His mother was looking for a "baby daddy" to pay for Barry.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
There will be plenty of White Americans that will vote for Mitt Romney simply because he is White and they hate the thought of President Barack Obama, or anything other than a White person being in the White House.

So what's you point?
The point is to call a spade a spade.

We all know that if obama was white, he would never have reached the heights that he has.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:43 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Sounds like perhaps you and Romney are a bit out of touch with the black experience in the US, let alone West Philly. As I understood it from my barracks mates in the Army, it is where one grows hard and mean. (At least they were! )

But you don't have to go back as far as that ('76), when right here on C-D it is discussed: West Philly: How far west is safe?

From MY own experience, when someone privileged throughout their life, as Romney has been, comes up to me and starts telling me what he is going to do for me -- even I want to kick him in his shins. (Course, I never would, but I wasn't raised in West Philly. )
You mean like John F Kennedy, who came from one other wealthiest American families? Liberals seem to hold him in high regard.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:46 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I could stop being a liberal and a Democrat tomorrow and scream it from the heavens at an all black function, and no one would dream of attacking me. It wouldn't even occur to them to do so.

So again, it's YOU that has the problem. I don't know how many times i have to keep telling some of you black conservatives that. If you're getting attacked, it's not because of your politics. It's because of being a lame....and lames get attacked. I could be conservative all day long and go all up in the black barbershop, barbeque, family reunion, frat reunions, and any other black function and no way will anyone think of me as a Tom.

So, perhaps you should work on that little personal issue. Because that's DEFINITELY what it is.

Belafonte Unleashed - YouTube

Black conservative tea party supporters called Oreos, traitors and Uncle Toms by Progressive liberals! : Fire Andrea Mitchell!

As A Black Pro-Life Conservative, I'm an Uncle Tom for Life | LifeNews.com

Quote:

Black conservative tea party supporters called Oreos, traitors and Uncle Toms by Progressive liberals!

Remember. When progressive liberals hurl slurs like this, it isn’t racism. It’s purely freedom of speech. BreitBart/AP has an article up in which black conservatives explain the hate they’ve been subject to for supporting the TeaParty movement, and daring to oppose anything that Obama supports. Black conservatives are being called Oreos, traitors and Uncle Toms, and are used to having to defend their values.

And what makes them a lame!!! AND WHY SHOULD THEY EXPECT AN ATTACK, AT ALL???
That's just plain, ignorant!! They don't have the right to be "a lame??" A different point of view will get you talked about, dissed, maligned and marginalized in our community! Period! Even Cosby got attacked for daring to speak out at the stupidity he sees us glorify in our music and in our families.

Tell that to Tavis.....and he's still a Lib!! Remember when Colin Powell was called Uncle Tom???

Our folks didn't get bitten by attack dogs and sprayed with hoses only to be forced to believe in any one group's ideaology! They sacrificed so that we can choose which ever way we saw fit!! And to be able to do it without harassment or attacks! Even from our own people!!

Black folks who call black conservatives Toms, are no better than the Klansmen who harassed our bruthas for trying to excercise their freedoms back then!!!

Old 05-26-2012, 10:55 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Again what Mitt Romney's father did during the Civil Right Movement is totally irrelevant. Barack Obama's work helping poor inner city Black people is fairly well documented, Mitt Romney's not so much.

The fact you have to cite George Romney's Civil Rights efforts and not Mitt's show how weak your argument is.
Yeah he I'd community organizing for 2 years and failed at it. South Chicago is still a ishthole.

That's bc civil rights movement was over by the time romney became an adult.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:56 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Are you serious? He was business man for most of his life. He a took care of his business and family. I don't know his record as Govonor of Mass.

Was Obama, or any other president "involved in foreign affairs BEFORE they became President? No.

You do the job you are involved in at the time.

Other then being a community organizer, what did Obama do? What has Biden done his whole political career?

The black people Romney addressed don't care what he says. They are going to vote for Obama ONLY because he is black.

Sadly true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies