Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:07 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,677,788 times

Advertisements

I thought it was the US, but after watching some video clips of warriors in Africa and other war entrenched countries, I have to disagree. The US may have the strongest Military, but it's due to technology. I don't think US marines could compete with Congo rebels or even North Korea's military for that matter. These warriors were born to fight. They trained and were indoctrinated to go to war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 09:21 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Obviously the US! The US as the most disciplined and well trained military in the world. I would bet money on our regular military over any other countries special operations troops.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Obviously the US! The US as the most disciplined and well trained military in the world. I would bet money on our regular military over any other countries special operations troops.
If that was the case, why did the US get their a$! handed to them in Vietnam and The Bay of Pigs?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
The US won every battle in vietnam. They lost to walter cronkite and the lefties. We know who's side they were on.....the communists.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The US won every battle in vietnam. They lost to walter cronkite and the lefties. We know who's side they were on.....the communists.
What about the Bay of Pigs?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
I don't recall any armies meeting on a battlefield in the bay of oinkers. That was CIA.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:39 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Bay of pigs was a CIA operation (along with volunteer Cuban immigrants), so strictly speaking it was not US military. Anyway, that was quite a few years ago.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I thought it was the US, but after watching some video clips of warriors in Africa and other war entrenched countries, I have to disagree. The US may have the strongest Military, but it's due to technology. I don't think US marines could compete with Congo rebels or even North Korea's military for that matter. These warriors were born to fight. They trained and were indoctrinated to go to war.
Wars are always won by logics. Only the stupid win it by sacrficing men which was learned thru out history.Its like matchig a deer in a woods with a hunter. The deer has instint of livig there to rely on but the hunter has the loics and the brains power over the deer. that is all that matters in the end and always has been the case in war. Even i Vietnam the US never loss a battle but they had long dedided not to use the logics that wopuld ahve brought the war to north vietnam and won the war itself.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:49 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Bay of pigs was a CIA operation (along with volunteer Cuban immigrants), so strictly speaking it was not US military. Anyway, that was quite a few years ago.
Yup, many of whom were out of shape and were apparently not ready to fight. From my understanding it was mostly Cuban refugees, because Kennedy did not want to use US military action, they also thought the Cubans in Cuba would rise up against Castro. Did not work out that way. Those Cubans ended up defending Castro.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
If that was the case, why did the US get their a$! handed to them in Vietnam and The Bay of Pigs?
in vietnam the US military won every battle they fought. in fact there was a point where the north was ready to surrender, but then we stopped bombing the north. where we lost the war in vietnam was on the political arena.

as for the bay of pigs fiasco, that was cuban militants that invaded their homeland, after being trained by the CIA. they were supposed to get US air support for the invasion, but kennedy decided at the last minute not to supply US air power, and as such the invasion failed. in korea, we had a negotiated cease fire agreement that has held for more than 60 years, with minor border skirmishes from time to time over the years.

the US military is the best in the world man for man, and the best technology wise as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies