U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-26-2012, 10:38 AM
 
12,436 posts, read 10,788,955 times
Reputation: 3148

Advertisements

The govt. of China has a strict one child per woman policy. If a couple becomes pregnant, they are forced by the govt. to abort that child. The govt. pays for the forced abortion.

Most companies in China are nationalized which means all of the profits go to the govt. The govt. uses part of these profits to pay for forced abortions.

Therefore, whenever you are paying for Chinese products you are helping to fund forced abortions.

So my question is, why do anti-abortionists still buy chinese products and fund abortions. Is it because they are against them as long as they don't have to pay more for consumer goods? Put your money where your mouth is!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2012, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
20,551 posts, read 15,262,194 times
Reputation: 6275
So probably plenty of Chinese wonder why the Chinese have to trade and offer credit with America with all its problems. So it's a two way street.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 10:45 AM
 
6,137 posts, read 4,376,718 times
Reputation: 1514
I'd say it's a safe bet that every single person in this country who has bought things from China disapproves of numerous things that China does.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 11:11 AM
 
12,436 posts, read 10,788,955 times
Reputation: 3148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I'd say it's a safe bet that every single person in this country who has bought things from China disapproves of numerous things that China does.

So if a person is such a anti-abortionist why do they fund it by buying chinese products. I guess it is not that big of deal if it costs them something. I mean some of these people picket, send out letter writing campaigns, some are even militant; however, they still continue to fund it. Hypocrites.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 12:46 PM
 
Location: California
32,238 posts, read 35,610,522 times
Reputation: 28104
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
So if a person is such a anti-abortionist why do they fund it by buying chinese products. I guess it is not that big of deal if it costs them something. I mean some of these people picket, send out letter writing campaigns, some are even militant; however, they still continue to fund it. Hypocrites.
The trouble with your arguement is that you aren't thinking.

Unless you literally live in a cave you will be "funding", according to your logic, pretty much everything.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 01:11 PM
 
Location: Central Texas
13,719 posts, read 26,794,284 times
Reputation: 9236
So Hotair2 - what else does China do that is "bad?" They are oppressive of human rights. They censor the internet. They pollute their cities like crazy. They have nuclear weapons. They support North Korea. They are the world leader in theft of intellectual property.

I assume you are against at least some of these things. I also assume you buy Chinese goods. How do you explain yourself?

Your attempt at inciting some kind of angry dialog is just a lame trolling attempt since your provocative title is really a fraud.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 01:19 PM
 
6,137 posts, read 4,376,718 times
Reputation: 1514
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
So Hotair2 - what else does China do that is "bad?" They are oppressive of human rights. They censor the internet. They pollute their cities like crazy. They have nuclear weapons. They support North Korea. They are the world leader in theft of intellectual property.

I assume you are against at least some of these things. I also assume you buy Chinese goods. How do you explain yourself?
^ This was my point Mr Air.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,884 posts, read 29,775,890 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The govt. of China has a strict one child per woman policy. If a couple becomes pregnant, they are forced by the govt. to abort that child. The govt. pays for the forced abortion.

Most companies in China are nationalized which means all of the profits go to the govt. The govt. uses part of these profits to pay for forced abortions.

Therefore, whenever you are paying for Chinese products you are helping to fund forced abortions.

So my question is, why do anti-abortionists still buy chinese products and fund abortions. Is it because they are against them as long as they don't have to pay more for consumer goods? Put your money where your mouth is!
That is surely a round about way to get at what you wanted to say. Why didn't you say the same thing about the US once Obamacare goes into effect? You do know that we will be paying tax money into abortion activity once that happens if the Supreme Court allows it to happen.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,884 posts, read 29,775,890 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
So Hotair2 - what else does China do that is "bad?" They are oppressive of human rights. They censor the internet. They pollute their cities like crazy. They have nuclear weapons. They support North Korea. They are the world leader in theft of intellectual property.

I assume you are against at least some of these things. I also assume you buy Chinese goods. How do you explain yourself?

Your attempt at inciting some kind of angry dialog is just a lame trolling attempt since your provocative title is really a fraud.
He could have said something about the fact that all of us will be paying tax money to free abortions right here in the good old USA if Obamacare goes into effect, someday
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 02:25 PM
 
12,436 posts, read 10,788,955 times
Reputation: 3148
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
So Hotair2 - what else does China do that is "bad?" They are oppressive of human rights. They censor the internet. They pollute their cities like crazy. They have nuclear weapons. They support North Korea. They are the world leader in theft of intellectual property.

I assume you are against at least some of these things. I also assume you buy Chinese goods. How do you explain yourself?

Your attempt at inciting some kind of angry dialog is just a lame trolling attempt since your provocative title is really a fraud.
Lets focus on one reason at a time not to buy Chinese Products. All of the reasons above are all valid reasons not to buy Chinese products; however, those are not the topics. The topic is much more narrow. If you buy chinese products, you are funding forced abortions. How do anti abortionist square that with their conscious. They are actually contributing to the forcing of women to have abortions and then they are helping to pay for it.

I am still waiting for someone to defend it. All I here so far is deflection. Does someone dispute that this is actually what is happening? How is the title a Fraud? Does China not have forced abortions? Does the govt. not pay for it? Does the Chinese govt. not get revenue from the selling of Chinese products, which Americans gobble up at Walmart and other Retailers...where am I wrong here. The truth is hard to take sometimes isn't it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top