U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 10:38 AM

12,436 posts, read 10,788,955 times

Advertisements

The govt. of China has a strict one child per woman policy. If a couple becomes pregnant, they are forced by the govt. to abort that child. The govt. pays for the forced abortion.

Most companies in China are nationalized which means all of the profits go to the govt. The govt. uses part of these profits to pay for forced abortions.

Therefore, whenever you are paying for Chinese products you are helping to fund forced abortions.

So my question is, why do anti-abortionists still buy chinese products and fund abortions. Is it because they are against them as long as they don't have to pay more for consumer goods? Put your money where your mouth is!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 10:44 AM

20,551 posts, read 15,262,194 times
So probably plenty of Chinese wonder why the Chinese have to trade and offer credit with America with all its problems. So it's a two way street.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:45 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,376,718 times
I'd say it's a safe bet that every single person in this country who has bought things from China disapproves of numerous things that China does.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I'd say it's a safe bet that every single person in this country who has bought things from China disapproves of numerous things that China does.

So if a person is such a anti-abortionist why do they fund it by buying chinese products. I guess it is not that big of deal if it costs them something. I mean some of these people picket, send out letter writing campaigns, some are even militant; however, they still continue to fund it. Hypocrites.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:46 PM

32,238 posts, read 35,610,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
So if a person is such a anti-abortionist why do they fund it by buying chinese products. I guess it is not that big of deal if it costs them something. I mean some of these people picket, send out letter writing campaigns, some are even militant; however, they still continue to fund it. Hypocrites.
The trouble with your arguement is that you aren't thinking.

Unless you literally live in a cave you will be "funding", according to your logic, pretty much everything.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:11 PM

13,719 posts, read 26,794,284 times
So Hotair2 - what else does China do that is "bad?" They are oppressive of human rights. They censor the internet. They pollute their cities like crazy. They have nuclear weapons. They support North Korea. They are the world leader in theft of intellectual property.

I assume you are against at least some of these things. I also assume you buy Chinese goods. How do you explain yourself?

Your attempt at inciting some kind of angry dialog is just a lame trolling attempt since your provocative title is really a fraud.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:19 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,376,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
So Hotair2 - what else does China do that is "bad?" They are oppressive of human rights. They censor the internet. They pollute their cities like crazy. They have nuclear weapons. They support North Korea. They are the world leader in theft of intellectual property.

I assume you are against at least some of these things. I also assume you buy Chinese goods. How do you explain yourself?
^ This was my point Mr Air.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:29 PM

44,884 posts, read 29,775,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The govt. of China has a strict one child per woman policy. If a couple becomes pregnant, they are forced by the govt. to abort that child. The govt. pays for the forced abortion.

Most companies in China are nationalized which means all of the profits go to the govt. The govt. uses part of these profits to pay for forced abortions.

Therefore, whenever you are paying for Chinese products you are helping to fund forced abortions.

So my question is, why do anti-abortionists still buy chinese products and fund abortions. Is it because they are against them as long as they don't have to pay more for consumer goods? Put your money where your mouth is!
That is surely a round about way to get at what you wanted to say. Why didn't you say the same thing about the US once Obamacare goes into effect? You do know that we will be paying tax money into abortion activity once that happens if the Supreme Court allows it to happen.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:32 PM

44,884 posts, read 29,775,890 times
Quote:

Your attempt at inciting some kind of angry dialog is just a lame trolling attempt since your provocative title is really a fraud.
He could have said something about the fact that all of us will be paying tax money to free abortions right here in the good old USA if Obamacare goes into effect, someday

Old 05-26-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:

Lets focus on one reason at a time not to buy Chinese Products. All of the reasons above are all valid reasons not to buy Chinese products; however, those are not the topics. The topic is much more narrow. If you buy chinese products, you are funding forced abortions. How do anti abortionist square that with their conscious. They are actually contributing to the forcing of women to have abortions and then they are helping to pay for it.

I am still waiting for someone to defend it. All I here so far is deflection. Does someone dispute that this is actually what is happening? How is the title a Fraud? Does China not have forced abortions? Does the govt. not pay for it? Does the Chinese govt. not get revenue from the selling of Chinese products, which Americans gobble up at Walmart and other Retailers...where am I wrong here. The truth is hard to take sometimes isn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies