Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 05:43 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times

Advertisements

The white males that feel they are demonized probably score under 100 in IQ tests. They value muscles and have persecution complexes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 05:51 PM

66 posts, read 69,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
I am an Occupier and I always hear how minorities and women are treated so horribly by white males, how white males will never know true pain or oppression, how good and true and innocent and sweet women and people of color are compared to white men, and so on.

It annoys me because for one, I AM a white male so I feel like people are telling me I should be ashamed of being so 'privileged' and that I am part of the problem unless I am apologetic for what I am, and two it ignores the fact that white people and men are far from the only demographic guilty of oppressing other people.
If you are a white, American MALE...you have no rights!! You're the minority and everyone knows it. "You should be tougher and know how to handle it"...right? I could do much betta if yas didn't CHEAT so much!

Old 05-26-2012, 05:55 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
I will NEVER join the GOP but I think we need to put it in context. Black people were sold into slavery by other black people. The Chinook tribe in Oregon/Washington kept slaves. As for founding mothers, what about Betsy Ross? She's pretty admired. I don't think women are oppressed, I think they are simply biologically less inclined to be egotistical/make a name for themselves. It's not because men are 'keeping them down'.
Now you've done it Gone and let the cat out of the bag about the role of blacks in the enslavement of other blacks from Africa. Arabs in Africa were also part of human trafficking during that time.

MANY Native American tribes kept slaves and hundreds of children were stolen from their parents by them, from early colonial days on. They just didn't have a complex economic system in place that depended on slave labor. Another cat let out of the bag.

In centuries past the role of women in life was viewed differently--more circumspectly--that it is today, even though her biological role remains the same. By and large, women were quite happy to be mothers and wives while their husbands had the role of protector and provider. And you are correct that women tend to be more forgiving than men and less egotistical. Another cat out of the bag.

Better declare yourself an independent with the ability to process information through rational thought without being herded along before it's too late.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:56 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
Quote:
I am an Occupier and I always hear how minorities and women are treated so horribly by white males, how white males will never know true pain or oppression, how good and true and innocent and sweet women and people of color are compared to white men, and so on.

It annoys me because for one, I AM a white male so I feel like people are telling me I should be ashamed of being so 'privileged' and that I am part of the problem unless I am apologetic for what I am, and two it ignores the fact that white people and men are far from the only demographic guilty of oppressing other people.
So what was your latest "occupy" experience other than the bathroom stall at the Outback Steakhouse.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:59 PM

66 posts, read 69,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The white males that feel they are demonized probably score under 100 in IQ tests. They value muscles and have persecution complexes.
Nah, they just refuse to wear pink shirts and always watch what they say.......

Old 05-26-2012, 06:02 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,399 times
Quote:
I will NEVER join the GOP but I think we need to put it in context. Black people were sold into slavery by other black people. The Chinook tribe in Oregon/Washington kept slaves. As for founding mothers, what about Betsy Ross? She's pretty admired. I don't think women are oppressed, I think they are simply biologically less inclined to be egotistical/make a name for themselves. It's not because men are 'keeping them down'.
Sorry, but the fact that African slaves were sold by other Africans or they were also enslaved as American Indians doesn't make White males any less culpable. Much of the economic system of the early United States was built on the Trans-African slave trade. White Southern plantation owners benefited, White Northern insurance, companies, ship builders, ship captains and banks profited from it and various European countries benefited from the agricultural products that were exported from America has a result of the slave trade. Those industries were created and controlled by White males.

As for Betsy Ross, while she may have been well admired she had no significant political or economic power. The fact you don't feel woman are oppressed indicates you may be a tad out of touch. Women are still not paid for equal pay for equal work, they still have difficulty getting promotions and in some cases they are still discriminated against simply for being women.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:03 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Besty Ross was not a Founding Father.

Let's see, you think women are "biologically less inclined to be egotistical/make a name for themselves"........and if you're a liberal, then I guess I'll just "flap my wings" and fly to the moon for the fun of it.

If you're going to play a liberal "on TV" you must do more research.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:05 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Sorry, but the fact that African slaves were sold by other Africans or they were also enslaved as American Indians doesn't make White males any less culpable. Much of the economic system of the early United States was built on the Trans-African slave trade. White Southern plantation owners benefited, White Northern insurance, companies, ship builders, ship captains and banks profited from it and various European countries benefited from the agricultural products that were exported from America has a result of the slave trade. Those industries were created and controlled by White males.

As for Betsy Ross, while she may have been well admired she had no significant political or economic power. The fact you don't feel woman are oppressed indicates you may be a tad out of touch. Women are still not paid for equal pay for equal work, they still have difficulty getting promotions and in some cases they are still discriminated against simply for being women.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"Their ignorant"......pot calling kettle?

Have you never noticed that "white males" have been the demographic in all the power positions in government until recently? Did you not notice that there were no "Founding Mothers"? No, not every white male is "blamed" for injustices because not every white male is powerful; however, the fact is that until recently, the people who have had the real power in the country have been white males.
Not all "white" people either. Back in the day us Irish, Italians, Jews and even Germans long ago were about as bad as Blacks in the eyes of the "English" here in the US. Things change. Hell; even 2 governors today are of East Indian family and they're Repubs.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:36 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So the way you live your life is based only on what happens to you in the here and now, each day? You have not been influenced at all by the history you must have learned in school? None of what you learned about history, etc., in school has influenced your understanding regarding how people behave?

Can you remember any instances where, as a rule, blacks lynched whites and were not prosecuted?
Sounds like your typical ultra liberal white hating BS...

I know history... of course I, on some level have been influenced by history... hence my comment about being out of white guilt. I wasn't there.. I didn't commit those atrocities.....

Its the same argument that if I saw a black man being beaten on the street... of course its bad.. but as a white man am I supposed to feel bad that a white guy beat up a black guy. No, I feel bad that something happened to another person, but I shouldn't sulk around like I personally did something wrong, just because I happen to share the same pigmentation........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies