Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 08:44 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

Girlfriend says it was a voodoo curse.
Quote:
Eugene’s girlfriend has her own theory on what happened that day. She believes Eugene was drugged unknowingly. The only other explanation, she said, was supernatural — that someone put a Vodou curse on him. The girlfriend, who unlike Eugene is not Haitian, said she has never believed in Vodou, until now.

“I don’t know how else to explain this,” she said.

She and Eugene met in 2007. While in traffic on a Miami street, Eugene pulled up next to her car and motioned for her to roll down her window.

She did. “I thought he was cute. I shouted out my number to him and he called me right then. We clicked immediately.”
Read more here: Girlfriend: Face-eating man was drugged — or cursed - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 09:03 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
There it is. Reefer Madness all over again. Or Reefer Zombie Curse.
Rudy Eugene was a sweet, well-mannered man who had recently tried to stop smoking pot but had never been violent, his girlfriend said.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm sorry, I saw your user name after reading the story and seeing some of the replies that were funny and just busted out laughing. Come on...I know it's wrong but dang, man, your user name in THIS thread?! lol
HEEHEE --- that is a good catch. I saw "FancyFeast" which I thought was a great alias for this thread but "SoEdible" is also great.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I am not contending he was. Read the other posts in this thread. EdwardA said the thought the guy sounded like he was mentally ill and wondered why he had not been hospitalized prior to the incident. I am simply responding to WHY indigent folks are not hospitalized in mental institutions these days.

No need to jump on someone's post you don't like without knowing what precipitated the post.
Yes and I was commenting on the fact that the cannibal guy was not mentally ill and he was not indigent or homeless.

The only thing we really know for sure is that the cannibal was a pot user, it's pure speculation that he was using bath salts or pcp or lsd.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You know what? Take that up with EdwardA.

Here, I found the post for you: //www.city-data.com/forum/24524186-post246.html

I know the homeless man was the victim. I know it appears that the "criminal" was not mentally ill. However, the fact of the matter is that there are many indigent mentally ill people living with the homeless on the streets, and eventually end up in jail or prison because they break laws and our justice system has to take care of them.

Please read the other posts in this thread so you can catch up. Thanks.
The problem is -- at what point do the so-called mentally ill lose their rights and their freedom?

What if you were mentally ill? Would you want to be kept locked up if you never did anything wrong? So you walk down the street talking to yourself, maybe a little punchy, maybe you forgot to comb your hair or don't find that all important to do, and you don't change your clothes as often as others do -- does that mean you should be locked away?

Or you just don't want to have a 9-5 job, you don't want to live by a time clock and wish to be free from bills, so you find a place to sleep and don't bother anyone except maybe to do a little panhandling now and then and you're on the eccentric side but harmless. Why should you be kept behind bars?

Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Interesting that link!

He sounds like a pretty average typical guy -- not perfect but no monster.

I can see why she might think it was a voodoo curse.

The man being depicted by the media as a “face eater” or a “monster” is not the man she knew, she said. He smoked marijuana often, though had recently said he wanted to quit, but he didn’t use stronger recreational drugs and even refused to take over-the-counter medication for simple ailments like headaches, she said. He was sweet and well-mannered, she said.

It sounds like the marijuana really had a hold of him.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1226102503.htm

Marijuana--or more specifically its active ingredient, tetrahydrocannabinol--has a well-documented tendency to stimulate hunger.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:44 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes and I was commenting on the fact that the cannibal guy was not mentally ill and he was not indigent or homeless.

The only thing we really know for sure is that the cannibal was a pot user, it's pure speculation that he was using bath salts or pcp or lsd.
I agree.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:44 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:

Don't even know that. People are saying he used it. That he was a sweet well-mannered high achiever who read the bible.
quote:
He smoked marijuana often, though had recently said he wanted to quit, but he didn’t use stronger recreational drugs and even refused to take over-the-counter medication for simple ailments like headaches, she said. He was sweet and well-mannered, she said.

Sounds like a perfect poster boy for "Reefer Zombie Curse" to me.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
There it is. Reefer Madness all over again. Or Reefer Zombie Curse.
Rudy Eugene was a sweet, well-mannered man who had recently tried to stop smoking pot but had never been violent, his girlfriend said.
Yes, he was hopelessly addictied to pot, and was unable to quit. Maybe a dealer mixed something in his pot, which caused the psyhosis. Who knows.....

Old 05-31-2012, 07:12 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Quote:

Marijuana--or more specifically its active ingredient, tetrahydrocannabinol--has a well-documented tendency to stimulate hunger.
You all have to be out of your mind.

Investigators (who have much more acumen on this subject than you) are fingering bath salts. Bath salts cause strong hallucinations, make one feel so warm they must take off their clothes (Eugene stripped), and have known associations with severe violence. Please google "bath salts" if you aren't familiar since a lot of people's substance knowledge in this thread seems very limited.

You think smoking a joint causes people to abandon their cars, go for multiple mile walks in 90+ degree weather, strip down, attack someone and eat their face off?

His family said he doesn't use hard drugs? Yea right. You all owe me money when that toxicology report comes back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies