Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Clearly the right has done nothing for Gays. and this one slams the left? cognitive dissonance is a powerful thing.
except what has been done for everyone else in this country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 06:34 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He is a self hating idiot. Why don't I try to get a job with the kkk? This guy has no clue. Luckily I wont hear of him anymore in a month or so. Talk about no self esteem he comes out defending the group who fired him for being gay

Old 05-28-2012, 07:12 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Romney fired him for because he was gay. No matter how he tries to salvage his career, nothing will change that.
"]Romney fired him"

Other then just blasting out garbage do you have any proof to back up your garbage?

From the article from thr OP, "Grenell, known as "Ric" to his Palm Springs friends, made headlines this year after he resigned as the openly gay national security spokesman for the Mitt Romney campaign.

You are so filled with hate you don't even bother to read the article before lashing out.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:16 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Which part do you not believe?
I do not believe you know several gay Republicans.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Both the far right and far left made a lot of noise about Grenell. I'm sick of the Romney apologists acting like there's no culpability among conservatives for the departure of Grenell.

Cyd Zeigler: The Celebration of Richard Grenell's Resignation Shows How Similar the Far Left and Far Right Have Become
And many of us are 'sick" of your constant gay postings. So what?

You are free to post whatever you want.

And the Romney apologists are free to act as they wish. get over it.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:40 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Nice try. Romney did not fire him.
But he didn't do a hell of a lot to defend him either.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:45 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
nice try but romney not only didnt fire him, but wanted him to stay on his staff, and said so publicly.
Of course he did, but he did nothing to admonish those in his own party the spoke out based Genell's sexual orientation. Mitt knows better, than to advocate for fair treatment for the LBTG community, it would be political suicide for him.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:53 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

"But it was the far right that gloated louder than the far left after Grenell's resignation. Leading the charge was the conservative American Family Association's Bryan Fischer, who called Grenell's resignation a "huge win for us."

But regardless, I have zero pity for him after Grenell mocked Rachel Maddow for "being too masculine and a lesbian stereotype, saying, 'Rachel Maddow needs to take a breath and put on a necklace.'" Something to be expected from a homophobic. Too much contact with conservatives, I guess, to think that such a thing matters.
If you try to read between the lines it's easy to see what he means with the comments regarding Maddow. If someone (i.e. you or me) were to tune into her show we would be presented with a lesbian newswoman. Do you think that all newsmen (or women) want to dress up nice, put on a tie, makeup, etc? It is just a part of the job. Now, I know Maddow isn't going over the top... but, if she dressed and acted more lady-like then she would gain more credibility, and better ratings.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:21 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
nice try but romney not only didnt fire him, but wanted him to stay on his staff, and said so publicly.
Yeah, he stated that publicly after the fact. But true coward that he is, Romney remained silent while the controversy was raging, letting Grenell twist in the wind. Then, after the fiasco is over, he claims he was supportive of the guy all along. As Bryan Fischer, the right wing radio host who led the campaign against Grenell, stated, "If Mitt Romney can be pushed around, intimidated, coerced, co-opted by a conservative radio talk show host in middle America , then how is he going to stand up to the Chinese?"

Romney is a coward. He can't even muster up the courage to face down the bigots in his own party, and even the bigots know it.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:50 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
But he didn't do a hell of a lot to defend him either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Of course he did, but he did nothing to admonish those in his own party the spoke out based Genell's sexual orientation. Mitt knows better, than to advocate for fair treatment for the LBTG community, it would be political suicide for him.
Mitt Romney is between a rock and a hard place. While he has the votes of the religious right, he can't risk saying anything that could reduce their enthusiasm about voting for him, especially since he is viewed by many as a social moderate and since many are skeptical of Mormonism. He also has to appeal to more centrist independents, of course. He did express regret and sorrow over Grenell's departure from his campaign. While he didn't defend him to the extent I would have liked, I respect that he is in a tough spot.

The day after Obama came out in support of gay marriage and Romney reiterated his opposition to gay marriage, Romney spoke out in support of gay adoption rights. So he is not entirely willing to bow to the demands of the religious right.

Look, JazzyTallGuy, we have had heated conversations sometimes - particuarly on the Elections forum - but I agree with you on this issue. I am a socially moderate Republican and am for gay rights and have no problem with gay marriage. But I hope you understand that every politician has to choose his or her words very carefully. It's just a sad reality. Obama does the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies